LordLex

Reaction score
Hi. Not much more to say, huh?

This is my closest attempt to recreate FC Barcelona's legendary playstyle in FM15. Guardiola, Vilanova and Martino's slow paced control football has evolved into the more aggressive, high pressure, quick passing Luis Enrique's Barcelona has shown this past season.

LINEUP, ROLES AND DUTIES

Since my game's set to spanish, the roles and duties are as follows:

Goalkeeper: Sweeper keeper Support
Left fullback: Inverse wingback Support
Left central defender: Central defender Defense
Right central defender: Ball playing defender Stopper
Right wingback: Complete wingback Attack
Defensive midifielder: Half back Defense
Central midfielder: Advanced playmaker Support
Left winger: Inside forward Attack
Attacking midfielder: Attacking midfielder Support
Center forward left: False nine Support
Center forward right: Deep lying forward Attack

As you can easily see, these roles are pretty much handpicked for the following lineup: Bravo or Stegen, Alba, Mascherano, Piqué, Alves, Busquets, Iniesta, Neymar, Rakitic, Messi and Suárez. We can however create a secondary and equally effective lineup with the other choice of goalkeeper, then Mathieu, Vermaelen, Bartra, Montoya, Samper, Xavi, Pedro, Rafinha, Munir and Sandro.

TEAM, PLAYER AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

"When we have the ball, they can't score."

This is pretty much the whole principle of this tactic, and translates in a rock solid defense and denying the opponent the very chance to play the game itself.

Every single player is instructed to play shorter passing and pressing much more.

Crosses and long balls are our greatest threats, so we'll do anything in our power to prevent the rival from using them.

How does all of this show off in a real match?

Look at Real Madrid's heat map. Solid defense, forced them to play through the middle (no danger coming from the flanks, ever, despite the use of a very offensive wingback).

Even more impressive. They didn't even reach my area. The team's high, fast pressure routed Chelsea so relentlessly they barely crossed the half line.

TRAINING, WHEN ONE MAN DOWN AND OTHER STUFF

Training should be set to Team cohesion High / Teamwork during pre-season, then Balanced Average / either Attacking or Defending depending on the opposition.

If you receive a red card or an injury and you're out of subs, take out the Deep lying forward.

Also, please take note this tactic is a recreation of a real playstyle, not a match exploiting win-every-match tactic. Give your team time to adapt, to learn, to fully embrace the philosophy.

You'll obviously need suitable players for the tactic. This is not plug and play and most certainly not a tactic for any team. I've tried a couple other teams with appropiate players and mentalities to similar success: Swansea (in an attempt to restore that glorious Swansealona Rodgers delighted us with) and Arsenal.

View attachment 240128View attachment 240127

Thanks for reading. Testing and feedback would be most appreciated!

DOWNLOAD LINK

No mercy! - LE'sB

Weird, I was pretty sure I had uploaded a results screen. My bad.

View attachment 240125

That 2-4 loss was a weird one. Out of the 4 goals we received 3 came from set pieces. If nothing else, this tactic is... realistic.

The team averages 60..75% possession home and around 55 < away, depending on the opposition. The best thing about this tactic is it's really, really beautiful to watch.

Id play the DM slightly to the right to cover for the higher up wing back if I was you, looks good.

can you please show the postmatch passing analysis? and what is an average amount of passes per game? thanks

Any league table or goals and assists distribution throughout the team?

is this for the latest patch

Always. I can't think of any reason why someone who has paid for the game wouldn't be playing the latest patch, if you catch my drift.

Any league table or goals and assists distribution throughout the team?

Since the screens would be in spanish, here's a quick summary:

17 games so far, 40 goals for, 8 against. The next most scoring team, Valencia, has half that ammount.
7 goals come from penalties (you play so much time in the opposition's half this is bound to happen).
Messi and Neymar got the most goals, with Sandro following (replacement for Suárez). Messi again, Iniesta and Rakitic provided most of the assists.

Last edited:
Thanks! Spanish isn't a problem for me, but thanks. I'll should give it a spin!

For what it's worth, Messi ended the season winning all trophies and featuring 78 goals and 29 assists in 59 matches. Rakitic was the season's top assistant with 36 assists and 12 goals. Neymar and Suárez got nearly 35 goals and 25 assists each.

Can't you tell by the colors?

Also, set every right wing player to left foot, every left wing player to right foot and every other player to weaker foot. This will hopefully minimize crosses and accurate long balls.

Sí estoy casi con fluidez. Tuve que aprender para todos los viajes a Barcelona en la Liga de Campeones .