non-football costs....what are they?

the devil

Reaction score
Hello people,

My club accumulates over 4million quid in non-football costs every month. Does anyone know what they are and how to reduce them?

Cheers

What club are you? Someone big I assume. Non-football costs can be anything from the staff that clean up the stadium and sell all sorts of gadgetry to money spent on advertising. Anything really.

I'm Sunderland. The year is 2016 on my game and I've noticed that the non-football costs have gone up dramatically in the last two seasons, they're my main expenditure each month.

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head with the advertising angle. I've two 'feeder' clubs that act as commericial links; one in Japan and the other the US. Perhaps the advertising in these countries are costing me a packet. I'll try cutting 'em off and see if it has an effect.

corporate costs, ie slap up meals and free drinks for the big wigs in the driectors boxes, which i imagine have been filled more regualrly in the last 2 seasons with success at the club?

transport to and from games probably too...

Last edited:
Mainly hookers I hear...

jdm: Yeah, I've had more success in the past three seasons or so. Took me a while coz I basically bought lotsa potential when I first started and so it's taken quite a few seasons for the players to develop.

duncan: that's a lotta hookers mate, or maybe just a few high-class ones eh!

Depends what team you are, I imagine someone like Stoke would go for quantity, so maybe 4mill £1 hookers.. ;)

That is what I was thinking. :S

This is killing my Blues team 46mil a year. I had to sell of 131mil of players and i only made 18mil profit

wow i never noticed this before its mental is there any way too cut this down

Old thread, I know, but I'm starting to have the same problem in my England LL save....

Is there any way that it can be connected to stadium upkeep?
Since getting Boston Utd to the BSP, I'm breaking the previous gate receipt record pretty much every week, and every month the non-footballing costs go up by just as much.
No matter how much cash I make with tickets, every month is a loss overall and it's starting to get worrying....any helpful advice?

o8v1he.jpg

Same problem: Bath City in EPL, the non footballing costs are 15 million a year. Ridiculous. Are we giving away free lines of cocaine in the sky boxes?

PS My sponsorship deal is still 40k a season for the next 2 years...

I think it's only a problem when managing in England, many people have had the same issue. Obviously has to be some kind of bug. There's no way it should be increasing by such a huge factor to the point where it dwarfs your player wages. I'm managing in Germany right now and it's stayed reasonable (€5.5M compared to player wages of €26M/bonuses of €12M).

Hiring police etc

We (Bath City) went from a 8000 but 1000 seater stadium in EPL with average sold out attendance of 1017 per match to a 18.000 all seater with average attendance of about 14.000.
You'd say the new stadium would give the club more income, but this is just killing the club.
Last season we ran about 0 to little in the plus, now I'm losing 350.000 euro per month.

Non-footballing costs are exactly what it stiuplates in the title. All expenses paid that do not include wages, transfer costs, loan payments, etc.

This could be, but not limited to:
- Advertising
- Marketing
- League Fees
- Travel arrangements
- Stadium management
- Maintenance
- Training Ground/Stadium Lease
- Staff costs
- Local security

Unfortunately, the more successful your club is, the higher these fees get. One way to offset is thinning out player wages or hoping to get lucky with new sponsorship deals. Sponsors are the main source of revenue clubs use to pay non-footballing expenses (other than a filthy rich owner).

If you're concerned about new stadium costs, check your finance allocation to see what loan payments are made and what the costs of upgrading/rebuilding actually were. New stadiums create an immediate deficit in the short term but ultimately pay off in the long run. It's a huge investment.

One way I can see to cut costs is terminate unwanted or unneeded scouts. It costs money to send them to locales across the world or different countries to see matches and things. I normally have about 4-5 scouts only for a Premier League club. (1 for Champions League, 1 for Europa League, 1 for Reserves, 1 for U18s and one to send around central Europe or scout special events like the African Cup of Nations or the World Cup).