Noob Question: Playable leagues

ruthless666

Reaction score
Hi I am a noob so I have what perhaps is a silly question:
How do I make leagues and competitions active on the game?
I mean, I want to play Brazilian Serie C, or better, Angola's Girabola I, but they are not available in the game. Same happening with CAF cups, I can't even see their results.
Brazil goes down to Serie B, and no african country is available whatsoever, except South Africa.
When I check those in the Database editor, competitions and leagues are there, so how can I make those playable?

They aren't available to play sorry. If they don't show up when setting up your game then it simply means SI haven't added those leagues to play.

Game freezing

Hi all,
i have a new windows vista computer and i have downloaded FM09 and the new 9.2 version patch and the game play is smooth and fast.However,when i came to play my first friendly,like other people have been experiencing,the game just freezes and it won'nt play. Does any body have any help they could give me to help slove my situation?i have tried download microsoft SKD of what ever it is and i have ran that buh it still freezes on match day.Does the game play not work on vista computer or something?

replys would be much appreciated:D

Hi all,
i have a new windows vista computer and i have downloaded FM09 and the new 9.2 version patch and the game play is smooth and fast.However,when i came to play my first friendly,like other people have been experiencing,the game just freezes and it won'nt play. Does any body have any help they could give me to help slove my situation?i have tried download microsoft SKD of what ever it is and i have ran that buh it still freezes on match day.Does the game play not work on vista computer or something?

replys would be much appreciated:D

Dude...

Tell me your PC Spec's Please
it may be your Graphic's Card

They aren't available to play sorry. If they don't show up when setting up your game then it simply means SI haven't added those leagues to play.

Hmm, thanks, Sean. Well, very bad then, will have to keep playing them at Fifa Manager, hehehe. Many busy windows on my computer, hehehe.
Perhaps SI can think of an editor like EA/BF did for Fifa Manager, so when I create a league or edit a non-playable on, it becomes playable.

my computer is a brand new windows vista dude
model no : M9WNES
power:A(100-Z40V 56\ 60hz 1.0 Amax
don'nt no me **** on computers tho should the game work on this version like i say its a new windows vista
the game play is smooth but it always freezers on match day before the game has even started:S
any one any ideas to what this could be?

thanks alot edd(Y)

you running it in "full" screen mode or "windowed"?
SI are still working to fix a bug with the full screen mode which makes the game freeze up, they said that it'll hopefully be fixed in patch3 (whenever that happens). So try running the game in windowed if your not already, if that doesnt help completely, try unticking threading aswell in preferences.

Hi I am a noob so I have what perhaps is a silly question:
How do I make leagues and competitions active on the game?
I mean, I want to play Brazilian Serie C, or better, Angola's Girabola I, but they are not available in the game. Same happening with CAF cups, I can't even see their results.
Brazil goes down to Serie B, and no african country is available whatsoever, except South Africa.
When I check those in the Database editor, competitions and leagues are there, so how can I make those playable?

Thats weird, I have Brazil First, Second and Third leagues loaded as I manage Flamengo (PI) in the third division now and then. Only reason it wouldn't show up is if the leagues been edited and team numbers aren't correct with the original database list

nice one matey i will give it a go!
how can u tell whether u are running it "windowed" or "full screen".i are'nt 2 great on computers lol would it help at all if i set the "continue game timeout" to 2 secs or higher on preferences?

cheers edd(Y)

Go into your Preferances and then into Display & Sound... There is a Display Mode option in there... click that and select "Windowed" from the dropdown menu. Confirm that and your set.

You'll know if it worked if you can see your Windows Task Bar and your Desktop on your screen as you play.

Its much better in Windowed mode. Means you can still chat to folks as you play.

Thats weird, I have Brazil First, Second and Third leagues loaded as I manage Flamengo (PI) in the third division now and then. Only reason it wouldn't show up is if the leagues been edited and team numbers aren't correct with the original database list

Yeah, but basically Brazil is not the issue here. The main issue is not to have access to results from CAF cups, and CAF affiliated country leagues. I like to import cheap talent from Africa, and besides I have some crazy league structures on my Fifa Manager, with 316 teams in Congo DR's league for example.
Anyways, I still play both, as the only thing keeping me from playing Football Manager before was the lack of a 3D match interface. Now, even if it looks like 1998 EA's Fifa Soccer Manager, is still ok.
Point is, game player's comunity must put some pressure on SI for them to make this change on the game for the next 2010 release.
If I get a computer able to handle the processing tasks I would like to be able to play 203 country leagues on my game, the whole FIFA world, why not? Like, licensing is not the issue here, as they would still release the game with only the leagues they got licensing for. So, if us on the comunity decide to create our own "mods" with our own leagues there is no legal issue involved, as it won't be an official SI release. Same thing happens with Fifa Manager as EA's games usually are bull-****, but is the comunity effort that makes the beauty of gaming in the end.

nice one foolinjection ur a F***** legend!!

That windows mode has worked cheers agen mate! ino its a stupid question buh on the minimise,maximise and cross in the corner...if u click cross will it just close your game down with out saving?

no i'm pretty confient it says this program can only be exitted from the game menu or something like that

Not quite, it does still have the little pop-up that asks if you want to quit the game.