GobBluthJD

Reaction score
Norte Link: Norte
Sur Link: Sur

Here's a dual tactic set up that's been working in the Championship with Burnley (media prediction 5th, currently in 1st) and in tests with Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea (after Mourinho got sacked in my game, I couldn't resist trying it :p ). I tend to use Norte for Home games and with bigger teams who are favored away and use Sur for Away games or with smaller teams who are underdogs at home. Anyway you use them works - this patch likes to have 2 different tactics to keep the AI guessing, it seems.

If anyone can find a good corner routine, plug it in here and it'll be even better, because I haven't found a corner or throw-in set up that works with this new patch yet.

It works best if you actually play through the games and manage your subs smartly, but the Burnley save was all tested with Instant Results only and we're still in 1st, so that works too.

Norte
View attachment 197179

Sur
View attachment 197178

No OIs. Man marking is set up, but you can try experimenting with OIs and markings if you want.
Training:
View attachment 197177

View attachment 197171

View attachment 197170

View attachment 197169

View attachment 197168

View attachment 197167

View attachment 197166
View attachment 197165
View attachment 197164
View attachment 197163
View attachment 197162
View attachment 197161
View attachment 197160
View attachment 197159

Last edited:
test this with man utd and instant result no signings... at home is unbelieveble, but those 3 was devastating :/// Used "Sur" on every single away game... gonna keep testing with def.positioning training now, but if you can resolve away games, this supposed to be AMAZING!

ohh the Sur formation, bring memories from older FM games :)

btw, what's the strikers roles(can't quite see that on your screens)

target man and complete forward... in my save rooney as target man had 28 goals in 31 games and depay add another 21 :)

test this with man utd and instant result no signings... at home is unbelieveble, but those 3 was devastating :/// Used "Sur" on every single away game... gonna keep testing with def.positioning training now, but if you can resolve away games, this supposed to be AMAZING!

Wow, nice results for instant resulting the whole thing, I haven't tried that yet...

Yes, those away games are tougher with this new patch. Def Positioning may help. You can try Norte for away games with Def Position too, might throw off the AI a bit. I'm experimenting with the same formation but some tweaks to team and individuals to see if I can tighten it up at all for away games.

But 28 goals for Rooney in 31 games is pretty great - I can never get him to score :p

Last edited:
Yeah i am very impressed probably first time in fm 16! Dispate that i am a huge wingers/inside forwards fan Lol! By the way as a prep.training for home matches i always use attacking and works wonders average 3 goals a game and def.position on away... tomorow ill start a proper new save with full controll... will show how is it going :)

Not a bad first game in our Champions League group - Giroud with the hat trick :p I used Norte even though we were underdogs at home, worked well.
View attachment 197045

How did you line up your Liverpool midfield mate?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I might try this as im a huge fan of 4-3-3 style of tactics and AMC's :D

I'm going to stick these into my Newcastle save and give them a bash have only 8 games left of season

How is the cards and fouls? Im using your other tactic (4-2-3-1) and it works greats, although playing against 2 strikers is a problem (many 1x1s or 2x2s). Because of it, im getting a lot of yellow and red cards in the 1st half!

If this goes better, i will try it!

How did you line up your Liverpool midfield mate?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I usually had Coutinho as the AMC and then rotated the 3 mids between Allen, Henderson, Can and Firminho (or Leiva, if I got desperate). I didn't have specific mid roles for them, but started them in all 3 different mid spots, to keep the AI guessing.

I usually had Coutinho as the AMC and then rotated the 3 mids between Allen, Henderson, Can and Firminho (or Leiva, if I got desperate). I didn't have specific mid roles for them, but started them in all 3 different mid spots, to keep the AI guessing.

You rotate their place/role?

Do you believe that confuses the AI?

How is the cards and fouls? Im using your other tactic (4-2-3-1) and it works greats, although playing against 2 strikers is a problem (many 1x1s or 2x2s). Because of it, im getting a lot of yellow and red cards in the 1st half!

If this goes better, i will try it!

Cards seem slightly better because I took off the Get Stuck In instruction. Also helps if you train Def. Pos. too, they seem to be more disciplined.