JSeven

Reaction score
Northampton Town Football Club, a club which holds the record of going from the bottom tier to the top and back down again in the shortest time (nine years). But I am setting out on a mission, I will take my squad of cobblers and attempt to raise them to the level of the best of the best. I will take them to premier league and I will survive this time, I will one up good old Aidy Boothroyd's accomplishment (12/14 NPower League 2 Play-Off Final) and I will secure promotion - hopefully winning the league on my way.

Last edited:
Good luck, I've always had a soft spot for Northampton.
well we might get relegated, one match left and we need to win or draw against Oxford United or else we're relegated. Also I just found out Aidy Boothroyd is the England U21's manager!

Aidy Boothroyd is an England U21 coach, not manager, that is Gareth Southgate

Should be interesting Chris Wilder going back to face Oxford looking for at least a point to stay up with Northampton ;)

Opening day of the season and I'm god **** nervous. Langmead, Hornby and Nicholls are out with long term injuries and Chris Hackett is unavailable with the flu. I'm against York City FC, predicted to finish 19th - 8 places below our predictions. We are so far undefeated this season, beating Banbury, Boreham and Colchester but Drawing with Notts County in our pre-season friendlies. This won't be an easy match, but it is one we should win...

-James Simpkins, Manager of Northampton Town Football Club

Quick Update:
League 2 - Northampton 1-0 York City
Capital One - Northampton 1-0 MK Dons
Also I have signed Front-man and right winger Hallam Hope on loan from Everton
Full match reports coming after five games

Last edited:
Good start in the Cup (misread the first result completely), and Hope is lethal in the bottom two divisions.

Last edited:
Northampton Town Football Club
York City 1-0 NTFC
NTFC 1-0 MK Dons (Capital One Cup)
NTFC 1-2 Newport County
Southend United 0-1 NTFC
NTFC 0-2 Torquay United

A good run of results but unfortunately both of my defeats have been in front of the home crowd, on the bright side I've beaten a league one side to continue through the Capital One Cup. These games have left me with a 60% win rate and a side lying at 10th in the league.

My Next Five Fixtures:
Bolton Wanderers (Capital One Cup) H
Bristol Rovers A
Scunthorpe United H
Exeter City H
Mansfield Town A

- James Simpkins, Manager of Northampton Town FC

NTFC 4-1 ​Bolton Wanderers
Bristol Rovers 3-3 NTFC
NTFC 1-0 Scunthorpe United
NTFC - 1-0 Exeter City
Mansfield Town 2-1 NTFC

Three Wins, One Draw and One Loss. Pretty OK Form considering the team I lost to lays two leagues above us, where I want to be in two years. Unfortunately my run in the Capital One Cup has ended, although I did Northampton (sort of) proud as we were expected to lose in the first round anyway. Also the Transfer Window has ended so here is the roundup.

Players Out:
Ben Heath - On Loan - To Brackley
Callum Powell - On Loan - To Welling

Players In:
Eugen Bopp - Free
Esteban Lopez - Free
Ewan McNeil - On Loan - From Norwich
Hallam Hope - On Loan - From Everton
Brandon Miele - On Loan - From Newcastle

Next Five Fixtures:
AFC Wimbeldon - A
Exeter City - A (St. Johnstone's Paint Trophy)
Oxford United - A
Dagenham and Redbridge - H
Rochdale - A

- James Simpkins, Manager of Northampton Town FC

Last edited:
bcdf98c9151d.png

-------------
Northampton (Hallam Hope, 46, Joe Widdowson, 57) 2-1 Morecambe (Jack Sampson, 33)

Hallam Hope nets his fourth and the left back Widdowson scores a header
--------------
AFC Wimbeldon (Jordan Clark, 82) 1-1 Northampton (Emile Sincair, 52)

Sinclair scored what I thought was the winner but they unfortunately equalised near the end of the match
-------------
Capital One Cup
Exeter (Rolando Aarons, 4, Stephen Hunt, 64, Joe Pigott, 90) 3-2 Northampton (Lee Collins, 3, Mathias Doumbe, 83)

unforunately we go out to a last minute winner, I we dominated the game but weren't lethal enough. Annoyingly this satarted a losing streak aswell.
-------------
Oxford United (James Constable, 39, Ryan Williams, 41) 2-0 Northampton

That first goal just put down our spirit and we easily conceded again, disappointing loss
-------------
Northampton 0-4 Dag & Red (Rhys Murphy, 8, 63, pen 88, Lee Collins og, 19)

What can I say, we got outplayed and destroyed infront of our hometown fans...
-------------
Rochdale 0-0 Northampton

A bore draw, only 5 shots on target, both teams combined.
-------------
View attachment 389758

Last edited:
View attachment 389635
-------------
Northampton (Esteban Lopez, 26, Joe Widdowson, 32) 2-0 Cheltenham

Solid performances allround, equal possesion and same amount of shots. Esteban netted a short rebound and Joe Widdowson scored a misdirected cross from far out.
MOTM: Esteban Lopez 8.1 (Northampton)
-------------
Plymouth (Ruben Reid, 5, 34) 2-2 Northampton (Ian Morris, 22, 28)

A game of two braces that I deserved to win, However it's not loss so I'm happy give my recent form.
MOTM: Ian Morris 8.8 (Northampton)
-------------
Salisbury (Adam Frost, 45) 1-0 Northampton

My attack didn't work at all, I'm considering changing my tactic to a possesion based control game. Pathetic display as the opposition are a league below us.
MOTM: Tom Jarret 7.4 (Salisbury)
-------------
Northampton (Emile Sinclair, 12) 1-1 Fleetwood (Ben Davies, 75)

Dissapointing in the defence as we didn't cover the through balls.
MOTM: Emile Sinclair 8.3 (Northampton)
-------------

Hartlepool (Sean Maguire, 33, Luke James, 83) 2-1 Northampton (Leon McSweeney, 32)

A valiant effort was put up by my players but we didn't manage to upset the odds.
MOTM: Micheal Duckworth 7.6 (Hartlepool)
------------
View attachment 389636

Last edited:
View attachment 389620

--------------
Chesterfield (Armand Gnanduillet, 73) 1-2 Northampton (Leon McSweeny, 15, Antonio German, 71)

Wonderful win against the league leaders and one which I hope will start a crusade to the top of the league.
MOTM: Leon McSweeney 7.4 (Northampton)
-------------
Northampton (Emile Sinclair, 26, Mathias Doumbe, 73) 2-0 Accrington

Nice match in which we completely dominated treating the home fans once again.
MOTM: Leon McSweeney 8.3 (Northampton)
-------------
Bury (Topw Obadeyi, 21, Anton Forrester, 49) 2-5 Northampton (Lee Collins, 4, Ian Morris, 24, Emile Sinclair, 45, 54, Esteban Lopez, 83)

Solid match that we deserved to win and we did, This result projected us up to 5th in the table
MOTM: Emile Sinclair 9.3 (Northampton)

------------
Northampton (JJ Hooper, 10, Chris Hackett, 90) 2-0 Wycombe

Nice result that send us up holds us in 5th position. Five points behing the leaders, Accrington Stanley.
MOTM: JJ Hooper 7.9 (Northampton)
------------
Burton (Ian Sharps, 5, Chris Hussey, 41) 2-1 Northampton (Brandon Miele)

Even game but we got edged by a corner which converted into a superb header. unfortunately this puts us down to seventh in the league.
MOTM: Ian Sharps 8.2 (Burton)
------------
View attachment 389621

Last edited:
Glad to see someone doing a story with my local team! Had a save with Northampton myself, got promoted first season and was top of League 1 before i stopped.

Good Luck!!

View attachment 389612
The Mid-Season Review
------------
League Table as of 1/1/14

View attachment 389611

Squad In Ranking of Current Ability:
View attachment 389610View attachment 389609

Notifications:
Eugen Bopp has left the club on Mutual Termination for a fee of 22K. He made 2 appearances for the Cobblers and registered an average rating of 6.65. He started his career at FC Bayern in 2000 but the next year was transfered to Championship club Nottingham Forest for 300K. Since then he has not had any transfers, although he has moved to other clubs including Rotherham, Crewe, Portsmouth, Jena, York and Northampton.

Top Goalscorer
View attachment 389601
Top Assister:
View attachment 389600
Top Match Rating:
View attachment 389599
Well that was the Mid-Season report as we stand in a secure and comfortable play off place in the Sky Bet League 2. But now we must face relegation candidates Chesterfield in our New Year's Day fixture. Wish me luck!​

-LewisManuel19 my local team too, what area are you. far cotton, east hunsbury, wooton etc. I'm from Far Cotton myself.

View attachment 389596

------------
Portsmouth 0-2 Northampton (Chris Hackett, 41, 62, Emile Sinclair, 44)

We got dominated but Matt Duke put on a superb display between the sticks and our wingers porved clinical in supplying Emile.
MOTM: Chris Hackett 9.5 (Northampton)
------------
Northampton 0-0 Chesterfield

A bore draw, nothing to mention.
MOTM: Matt Duke 7.4 (Northampton)
------------
Newport County 0-2 Northampton (Emile Sinclair, 3, 30)

A brace from our top scorer raising his totsl to eight for the season.
MOTM: Emile Sinclair 8.8 (Northampton)
------------
Northampton (JJ Hooper, 90) 1-1 York (Wes Fletcher, 58)

Another poor result for my failing 4-4-2. Luckily I changed to a 4-3-3 at half time allowing Chris Hackett to supply a JJ Hooper goal to clinch a frankly undeserved point for my side.
MOTM: Lanre Oyebanjo (York)
------------
Torquay 0-3 Northampton (Emile Sinclair, 32, Esteban Lopez, 63, Krysian Pearce og, 79)

Esteban Lopez is by far my favourite player, he has the body of a child but the talent of a legend!
MOTM: Esteban Lopez 8.2 (Northampton)
------------
View attachment 389594

Last edited:
View attachment 567815
Northampton Man Signs New Contract
View attachment 389593
Northampton Chairman David Cardoza has given the manager James Simpkins a new four and a half year contract which ends after the 2017/18 season. James Simpkins has Northampton currently punching above their weight in 4th position in the Sky Bet League 2. This unusually long contract is worth ?234,000 at ?1000 pounds a week. rumour is that NTFC offered him an extra ?500 p/w but he took a pay cut to help with the clubs repoprted financial crisis.

View attachment 389518

------------
Northampton (Sam Magri og, 12, Emile Sinclair, 71) 2-1 Southend (Kevan Hurst, 41)

A match some have said I don't deserve to win. Well the stats show I didn't aswell but thats what you get when you have a clinical striker on a counter-attacking philosophy.
MOTM: Kevan Hurst 7.3 (Southend)
------------
Northampton (Leon McSweeney, pen 90) 1-0 Rochdale
Undeserved. My tactic did okay versus the superior team for a draw but that's all we deserved. A last minute penalty gifted us the three points.
MOTM: Lee Collins (Northampton)
------------
Cheltenham 0-2 Northampton (Esteban Lopez, 34, 87)

Esteban Lopez put on a fine, fine, fine display. But something else caught my eye, a player called Adda Djeziri constantly troubbled my right-back - causing me to send my scout to check him out, turns out he's a league 1 quality player aged 25. I'm considering buying him next year to be my main AML, as Lopez is only 18
MOTM: Esteban Lopez 8.8 (Northampton)
------------
Northampton (Emile Sinclair, 28) 1-0 Plymouth

Good match,that I was honestly surprised with as I used my most common tactic, Also I have evolved my secong tactic into a 4-2-3-1.
MOTM: Emile Sinclair (Northampton)
------------
Fleetwood 0-1 Northampton (JJ Hooper, 53)

A good game for the cobblers fans that secured us at 2nd place in the Sky Bet League 2
MOTM: Ben Tozer 7.3 (Northampton)
------------
View attachment 389517
6 wins on the trot and 10 games undefeated. Booyah!​