Norway: Blast near prime minister's office in Oslo

One thing I've noticed is the people are referring to him now as a madman or crazy, before when it was believed it was linked to Islamic fundamentalists, it was "terrorism".

This man meticulously planned and executed two devastating attacks with military like precision. If that is not terrorism, I dont know what it. Time we started looking much harder at ALL extremists rather than just those of Islam

Agreed. At least he's been charged with 2 counts of ​terrorism.

Agreed. At least he's been charged with 2 counts of ​terrorism.

Good, because that's exactly what it is yet people seem somewhat keen to downplay this point, as if a blue eyed blond man could not possibly be a terrorist..

They really have to look at the sentencing though, if what I hear about the maximum being 21 years in jail is true. For being responsible for a mass murder of innocent people, 21 years would just be absolutely incredible. This has to be a case where the rule book is thrown out the window.

Good, because that's exactly what it is yet people seem somewhat keen to downplay this point, as if a blue eyed blond man could not possibly be a terrorist..

He's also still an extremist. Just happens to (apparently) be a far RW extremist, rather than an Islamic jihadist. Terrorism is simply instilling terror in a large group of people through things like bombs

He's also still an extremist. Just happens to (apparently) be a far RW extremist, rather than an Islamic jihadist. Terrorism is simply instilling terror in a large group of people through things like bombs

But its the fact that he is not an Islamic Jihadist, that people downplay the term, as if terrorism is unique to them only that irks me. No he has to be crazy, not a right wing extremist terrorist

But its the fact that he is not an Islamic Jihadist, that people downplay the term, as if terrorism is unique to them only that irks me. No he has to be crazy, not a right wing extremist terrorist

Yeah I know what you mean - was just saying. Lots of comments on twitter about that actually...

I think it was on Newswipe before where Brooker talked about the media narrative and how Terrorism has changed. It used to all be about white folk (Neo-****'s, Northern Ireland, Oklahoma City Bombings etc) but then it switched to extremist Muslims after 9/11.

Now when it's a white guy it's generally called Extremism and not Terrorism.

I think it was on Newswipe before where Brooker talked about the media narrative and how Terrorism has changed. It used to all be about white folk (Neo-****'s, Northern Ireland, Oklahoma City Bombings etc) but then it switched to extremist Muslims after 9/11.

Now when it's a white guy it's generally called Extremism and not Terrorism.

Nail hit on head. Little bit like when some news corporations refer to terrorists as freedom fighters. Even though they kill civilians. Really gets my goat sometimes

"Breivik described himself on his Facebook page as "conservative", "Christian", and interested in hunting and computer games like World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare 2, reports said." How long before the media blame it on video games corrupting the youth again? :/

What has disgusted me the most has been the political spin that people have been putting on this - shouting far-right (when the party that's furthest to the right are pro-free immigration), **** (he used Stoltenberg-jugend as a derogatory term), Christian fundamentalist (he wanted Norway to revert to Catholicism, but I'm not entirely sure on this, but it seems he was more pro-west than pro-Christianity), racist (he only hated Islam as a culture, not Arabs and other muslim ethnic groups) etc. He thought he was protecting democracy and Norway against traitors and invasion. However, I'm wondering if Glenn Beck may be worse...