Maybe you could arrange a load of friendlies against them as we know you will win and it will down their ranking.

truth is Italy are still stronger than us despite latest rankings, though I'd never admit that publicly...

and now a few random screens from 2023/24 season. Funny things happening this year...

View attachment 246982

The great Alessandro Paolone won a few Serie A awards after an excellent 2023, including Foreign Player Of The Year... which I guess is quite unusual for a former Italian international...

View attachment 246983

Elsewhere former San Marino idol Ailton is getting some unwanted media attention. He's still one of the best strikers in the world and is apparently having another great season, but over 9 hours of football without goals? Are you kidding me? Well maybe he should ask for advice to another former SM player...

View attachment 246985

Massimiliano Rizzi was a decent prospect from first youth intakes, he won quite a few caps for SM though he never developed into a Serie A caliber player and eventually continued his career in lower leagues. Apparently he's having an awful season in Serie C1, but Rubbish Rizzi!? That's just mean...

View attachment 246986

And finally San Marino biggest win ever in a Serie A match against "parent club" (...) Cesena: an absurd 10-0 thrashing including Paolone scoring 4 goals, fellow SM attacker Leonardi scoring 3 and newest NT star Macina adding another one. First choice attacking trio warming up for next EURO...​

When can we expect the next part of the story, I'm guessing you're either been busy or getting further ahead to give you some space just like at the beginning.

P.S I'm loving the story so far, its inspired me for my one, I'm currently in 16/17 season currently third in the Serie A after winning the title last season and just picked up my first competitive point as national boss after coming from 2-0 down to draw with Belarus at home.

Last edited:
When can we expect the next part of the story, I'm guessing you're either been busy or getting further ahead to give you some space just like at the beginning.

P.S I'm loving the story so far, its inspired me for my one, I'm currently in 16/17 season currently third in the Serie A after winning the title last season and just picked up my first competitive point as national boss after coming from 2-0 down to draw with Belarus at home.

yeah haven't had much time to play FM recently, still in march 2024 in my save. Not sure when I'll be able to play/update again with consistency, though I'd certainly like to do at least next EURO championship.

yeah haven't had much time to play FM recently, still in march 2024 in my save. Not sure when I'll be able to play/update again with consistency, though I'd certainly like to do at least next EURO championship.
Well I hope you start doing it soon as you are on the edges of winning international tournaments, I reckon you will win either World Cup 26 or EURO 28.

Very inspiring

Have to say this is a very inspiring thread. I too have played since the early CM days.

Can I ask at the start did you have a random reputation? And what nationality did you pick?

Will be joining you and others on this great quest!

Can anyone give me tips on how to find good free agents in the lower Italian leagues? Maybe a link to a thread that explains it? Anything would be appreciated.

mate, i just realized that u hvnt given updates for almost 2 months....

mate, i just realized that u hvnt given updates for almost 2 months....

yep, haven't played FM for a while now. Work, girlfriend+holidays are all conspiring against SM greatness... I should be able to play FM consistently again around end of August/September, I'll try to take SM to World Cup glory then!

For those asking, I only loaded Italian leagues with large database (plus all SM players of course), started with automatic reputation and SM nationality and never used external logos or facepacks.

Hopefully this story will go on soon!

Amazing story. Incredible that you achieved a top 10 world ranking with San Marino. They sure gave that new stadium the right name, you're San Marino's national hero :D

I have been a lurker of this page and forum for a while now but never wanted to get too involved. Just made this account to let OP know that this story is great and there are still people eagerly awaiting the next installment. Thanks for the effort you're putting in to write it all up! :)

Haha reading these awesome stories was also my reason to sign up for this site and downloading stuff too of course :p

it's been a while but I'm now ready to get back to the beautiful world of FM! Don't know how many of you are still following this but new updates should be here in the next days :) I'd like to play at least another couple of seasons (including WC 2026) before "retiring" from FM12, though I'm pretty sure the NT will be a legit contender only from 2028. We'll see...

Thanks for all the kind words and the support, it is much appreciated :)

Back In Business

Super-quick update after a long break; as of April 2024 everything's going according to plan for San Marino: dominating Serie A as usual, doing well in Champions League, evaluating newest prospects from youth setup and already thinking about next EUROs with the NT. Next 2-3 months are going to be really exciting for the proud Republic of San Marino!

In other news the great Alessandro Paolone keeps adding to the legend as he recorded a perfect 10 rating after a five goals explosion in a recent Serie A fixture:

View attachment 272471

King Alessandro having a truly epic season so far, with fellow Sammarinese attackers Macina and Leonardi completing an international class trio upfront. Hopefully they'll keep this kind of form at the EUROs...

Next update when I'll complete season 2023/24 with the club :p

So excited about the next major tournament and are you sure it's King Alessandro not Messiah Alessandro?

Club Season 2023/24: Back With A Bang

View attachment 272829View attachment 272831View attachment 272834View attachment 272830View attachment 272832

Yet another excellent season for the club as San Marino were able to win their 8th consecutive Serie A title (!). After last year disappointment the mighty Titani managed to bring the Champions League trophy back in San Marino (7th CL title overall) as they simply dominated the competition throughout the season, including an easy 4-1 victory in the Final against old rivals Napoli.

An early exit in the Italian Cup was the only let down of a fantastic year, while the under-20 team once again dominated both league and cup confirming their status of élite youth academy, which is always a great pride for the club.

Several Sammarinese players were part of my regular rotation this season, with 6-7 of them probably ready to be competitive at the highest level. One of them in particular stole the spotlight though:

View attachment 272839

Alessandro Paolone really looked like a man on a mission, as he scored and impressive 58 goals this season including 54 in Serie A, setting new records for both the club and the league. His 8.24 average rating during the season was also a new record for the Titani. Alessandro played only one game in Europe as I wanted him fresh for league matches, though he did score a brace in that single CL fixture - the Final!

In other news, after this year double legendary SM manager M.Fab officially reached "the top of the world":

View attachment 272840

Fab just became the "most succesful manager of all time" as he reached No.1 spot in the Hall of Fame, surpassing Sir Alex Ferguson in the process (H)

Next update coming soon with Euro 2024 build-up.​

Last edited: