Thanks for the explanation. Vitiello is a good striker though so if Di Marco is unavailable you have a decent replacement.

Club Update: Season 2021/22

Quick club update before the highly anticipated World Cup adventure for San Marino.

View attachment 242256View attachment 242257

Yep, make it 6 consecutive titles in both Serie A and Champions League! Domestic success has become automatic really, and even top European clubs generally tend to be outplayed by the mighty Titani. Can't see that changing tbh, at least until I will implement a strict cantera policy (ie only homegrown Sammarinese players at the club), which could actually happen quite soon...

Brazilian stars Alex and Fabio are currently regarded as world's best players:

View attachment 242258View attachment 242259View attachment 242260

Alex has dominated all scoring charts in Serie A and Europe in last four years, but Fabio beat him to claim Golden Ball and World Player Of The Year. Really proud of them as both joined San Marino as cheap, unknown youngsters (475K and 1.8M euros respectively!) and have since developed into world class superstars valued over 40M.

Other important news from the club:

View attachment 242262View attachment 242263

The board finally decided to build a new stadium, so next year we'll say goodbye to the Olimpico and move to the new Fab Arena XD. Meanwhile facilities have been downgraded due to "technological advances" (?) so we have also started works to get back to the top in that area.

Next update with pre-World Cup build up for San Marino.​

The better your facilities are overtime they need to still be improved. Look at it as if every 3 years medical staff learns a new tick. At your currently facilities they don't pick up on it so you have to build a new one to learn it. Also it's just another way to keep your eye on your facilities and not forget when they are maxed out.

I would only use the cantera policy when you can wipe the floor with everyone using the policy because otherwise you'll risk getting the sack.

I can't believe this is the first time a San Marino player has won the world player of the year!It's disgraceful.
edit : lol they've named their stadium after 'Their Clubs Greatest manager'

Last edited:
National Team: 2022 World Cup Build Up

After the humbling experience of EURO 2020 it's time for another major tournament for San Marino, and this time it will be our début in a World Cup! This is a proud moment for the whole country, and obviously we need to do everything we can to be at our best before leaving for Qatar - home of 2022 World Cup.

Pre-World Cup Friendlies

View attachment 242544View attachment 242545

Glad we kept a perfect record in friendlies, of course we didn't face the strongest teams (...) but I wanted to keep morale high while also testing deeply my 30-man preliminary squad. A comfortable win against a respectable U.S.A. team (ranked 22nd) was very encouraging, I was very pleased to see my team creating tons of scoring chances against decent opposition, which is something we failed to do in the past.

The Squad

Final squad for the World Cup:

View attachment 242546View attachment 242547View attachment 242548

Many players returning from our EURO squad, but we have a few key additions as well. San Marino boast a brand new left flank, with former defectors Matteo Mularoni and Giuseppe Vitiello starting at DL and AML respectively. Vitiello finally brings quality at AML position (easily our weakest link until now) and gives more options up-front, also providing depth at ST (his natural position). Unfortunately the best dual nationality defectors (Paolone anyone?) are still unavailable for the WC, though 2-3 decent ones finally accepted the call-up just in time. The likes of DC Cristiano Serafino and AMC Davide Ruggeri will be valuable back-up players for the NT, finally our bench is starting to look ALMOST respectable which is a big plus compared to the EURO squad.

Key players:

View attachment 242557View attachment 242556View attachment 242555View attachment 242554View attachment 242558

Young GK Carlo Vignoli had a good season on loan at Real Madrid and he's always indispensable for the NT. MC Manuel Conti is improving nicely and developing into an international class midfielder, might become first choice for the club very soon. Key players Niko Micheli, Fabio Scarano and Giuseppe Vitiello all suffered long-term injuries during the year and slightly declined as players, but luckily they recovered just before the WC. Micheli is the undisputed leader of the defensive line, while Scarano and Vitiello will be our team's most reliable (and only...) playmakers. These are the players who can really make the difference for San Marino.

World Cup Expectations

View attachment 242560View attachment 242561

Entering the World Cup at an all-time best 23rd place in FIFA World Rankings we really have a bit of everything in our group, haven't we? From European powerhouse Portugal (4th), to South American veterans Uruguay (11th) and African outsiders Mali (16th), this is going to be an interesting - and tough - group.

I'm pretty confident we have a better squad than the one at EURO 2020, with several youngsters being better players now and some new entries who have improved both quality and depth of our team. Giuseppe Vitiello in particular will be a huge upgrade and should help solving our past problems with creating/scoring goals. Also unlike EURO 2020 we arrive at the World Cup with an injury-free squad, which is always a key with such a limited pool of talent. So my goal for this World Cup is to make some improvements from our EURO performance, which should be doable considering we finished with zero points and zero goals last time...

when are you going to play the world cup? i'm in awe of your team. i'm one year behind you and we're light years away from qualifying. the best we can do is the double over the weakest team in our qualifying groups and a few spirited draws.

when are you going to play the world cup? i'm in awe of your team. i'm one year behind you and we're light years away from qualifying. the best we can do is the double over the weakest team in our qualifying groups and a few spirited draws.

you might be closer than you actually think, I had really bad results until 2018 then we were able to qualify for both euro 2020 and WC 2022 thanks to new players and youth development. Doing well in friendlies will help you to have better FIFA rankings and a better seed for qual. groups, and if you can get easier groups you'll have better chances. When you have two very weak teams in your group things will become easier (I had the likes of Estonia and Azerbajan), 12 guaranteed points are a good platform and if you can steal some points here and there you'll find yourself close to top spot. Obviously it will be easier with EURO, as 2nd place is enough to qualify and 3rd is good for playoff.

Might play world cup some time tomorrow, though NBA playoffs have just started and they steal most of my habitual FM time - which is late night of course :p

Looking forward to the WC you stick a chance of reaching the knockout rounds this time and I just wish Andrea Paolone had joined for this tournament as you would have had a small chance of winning it then.

loved reading this did you have to dl any leagues to play as San marino club team?

loved reading this did you have to dl any leagues to play as San marino club team?

no they play in the Italian leagues, you'll find San Marino in Serie C2 (Italian fourth tier) at the start of 2011/12.

how did you get to manage the national team there not available on mine

I read this all in one go. BEST. STORY. EVER!
Now what to do with my life until the next update pops up?

2022 World Cup: Group Stage

Pre-World Cup camp went very well as San Marino arrived in Qatar in ideal shape, with an injury-free squad and a well-balanced team with no glaring weaknesses. As usual no pressure for the lads, we just want to learn from this World Cup experience, showcase our young stars and maybe improve from our EURO performances.

San Marino VS Portugal

View attachment 243365View attachment 243366

A spirited 1-1 draw against a strong Portugal team was certainly a huge improvement from the last time we faced them at EURO 2020. Manel Di Marco scored after only 30 seconds thus becoming the first Sammarinese to score a goal in a major international tournament. Nélson Oliveira (a player that never fails to shine against my teams at both club and international level) made it 1-1 after a few minutes, then San Marino controlled tempo and ball possession (62%) and finished with a vital draw.

Uruguay VS San Marino

View attachment 243367View attachment 243368

What a game! Uruguay started in attack mode but suffered a red card early in the game and gave us a clear advantage. All easy for San Marino? Nope, as veteran defender Giacomo Fabbrini was sent off a few minutes later and the game turned into a dogfight. We managed a great 2-1 win eventually, as our trequartista Fabio Scarano assisted both goals and dominated the game with his playmaking skills. This win pushed San Marino to first place in Group E just before the final day!

Mali VS San Marino

View attachment 243369View attachment 243370

Thought Mali might be the weakest team in our group, but this match certainly wasn't an easy one for us. Promising midfielder Manuel Conti gave us the lead with a long distance effort and San Marino did well to keep the 1-0 for all 90 minutes... until Ahmed Soukouna (a player I know VERY well from my FM careers) scored an injury time equalizer after a corner kick and made it 1-1! I was quite annoyed, but soon found out this result was enough to keep first place in our group and advance to 2nd round!

View attachment 243399

great results mate happens to me alot with my players conceding very late goals :( but amazin update mate still my favourite story cant wait for the next update keep up the good work mate