you'd almost be better off producing more straight out italians so they got picked for the italy youth setup ahead of the dual nationalists, as being capped for italy's youth sides probably makes them less willing to accept the san marino full side.

we are not producing many Italians, in the last years we had a couple of good ones (including the next Christian Vieri) that reached Italy U19 but I tend to sell them asap, can't waste time and mentoring on them! Might sign more Italian prospects now, maybe they can keep some of my SM youngsters out of Italy youth teams.

we are not producing many Italians, in the last years we had a couple of good ones (including the next Christian Vieri) that reached Italy U19 but I tend to sell them asap, can't waste time and mentoring on them! Might sign more Italian prospects now, maybe they can keep some of my SM youngsters out of Italy youth teams.

tbh it's only a theory, i've not tried it but it should help out a little, and if it works then it can be added to the guide.

Love the story man! Just wondering what leagues/levels you have loaded. Keep up the great work!

Love the story man! Just wondering what leagues/levels you have loaded. Keep up the great work!

thanks mate, I have Italian leagues loaded down to Serie C2 (4th tier) and that's where you'll find San Marino at the start of the game. No leagues from other countries as my PC is a bit old school :p

thanks mate, I have Italian leagues loaded down to Serie C2 (4th tier) and that's where you'll find San Marino at the start of the game. No leagues from other countries as my PC is a bit old school :p

Alright thanks, was wondering because you managed to find Eric in Ukraine seemed a bit obscure lol.

i'm a little surprised that now you've made it as a big club in serie a and have feeder clubs spread round europe that you've not removed the lower italian leagues to make it quicker.

San Marino In The 20's: The National Team

We have entered a new decade as season 2020/21 is about to start, many things have changed for San Marino in these years so I thought this could be a good time to do a special recap update for both club and national team. Let's take a look at the NT first in this part I of San Marino in the 20's.

View attachment 237236View attachment 237237View attachment 237238View attachment 237239

We definitely made amazing progress as a national team, moving up from 207th place in 2011 to an all-time high 34th in 2019 & 2020, and most importantly we managed to qualify for a major international tournament for the first time in SM history - EURO 2020.

Striker Manel Di Marco holds virtually every scoring record for San Marino, while current captain Giacomo Fabbrini recently became our most capped player ever with 76. Good to see the legendary Andy Selva still keeping the record for oldest goalscorer, his name will always be remembered in San Marino! 21 year old Di Marco still has plenty of time to improve his tally, which is scary considering he already boasts 53 goals for his country. He recently joined German powerhouse Leverkusen on loan, this will be a great chance for him to get first team action at a top class club.

View attachment 237246

Staff

View attachment 237247View attachment 237248

There have been a few changes among NT staff members, I had to replace a couple of coaches who retired and hired a new U19 manager after the FA surprisingly decided to sack him (!). After EURO 2020 I had to find a new U21 manager as well, as Mauro Tassotti resigned after nine years to become Italy manager! Not only they're poaching my young players with dual nationality, now they steal my staff too... wonder what they'd do without San Marino.

Latest Prospects

View attachment 237250View attachment 237251View attachment 237252View attachment 237253

Every year we have some good prospects from our youth setup, these are the best youngsters of last two intakes, all touted to become good/great Serie A players.

Jacopo Villa
is a 100% Sammarinese prospect, a promising centre back whose potential compares favourably to our club's top defenders Giuseppe Prestia and Ezequiel Rossi. I can see him becoming a key player for both club and country as he develops in the years. Marco Lo Russo is yet another promising left winger out of our academy (seriously we seem to produce good left wingers every year, which is curious as we don't play with traditional wingers...), unfortunately he has dual nationality and is currently rejecting SM despite not being called by Italy. Playmaker Emanuele Bartoloni is part of Italy U19 at the moment and is now dubbed the next Demetrio Albertini; he's one of the most exciting SM prospects ever, hopefully he will embrace our NT at some point. Luckily Fabio Salvi is all Sammarinese, he's a big left-footed striker with very good potential and could soon become an important player for the NT. He scored tons of goals for our club U20 leading them to league title and U19 CL final, hopefully he will lead our U21 NT to better results in the near future.

The Future

View attachment 237263View attachment 237264

We slipped to 55th place in FIFA rankings after a relatively disappointing EURO 2020, hopefully we can improve our recent form in the next World Cup quals. I think we have an interesting group, Sweden should be the favourites for 1st place while Scotland and Greece are good teams, not unplayable though. I'd be very happy finishing around 15 points, though I don't think we can really fight for 2nd place at the moment. Of course things could be different if some Defectors had a change of heart and made themselves available for San Marino...

Alright thanks, was wondering because you managed to find Eric in Ukraine seemed a bit obscure lol.

only have italian leagues loaded but I play with large database, I like me some players around the world ;)

@sammyt: truth is I'm always afraid the add/remove leagues feature could cause crashes, so I'm sticking to default settings. So far so good...

Last edited:
only have italian leagues loaded but I play with large database, I like me some players around the world ;)

@sammyt: truth is I'm always afraid the add/remove leagues feature could cause crashes, so I'm sticking to default settings. So far so good...

i've never known it to cause a crash, it's made my game freeze before whilst trying to load all the new data but abit of patience easily cured that. as far as i'm aware the main thing that could go wrong with it is adding too many leagues so you've then loaded too many players for your machine to handle.

Pride Of The Nation

Some quick news at the start of season 2020/21:

View attachment 237904

Sammarinese club Tre Penne made it to Champions League group stage! Congratulations to them for a fantastic achievement, they have a tough group and will probably get thrashed badly but they already made history for San Marino - more or less like our NT did at EURO 2020.

I guess it's fair say that The Most Serene Republic Of San Marino has two clubs playing in Champions League now!

Special recap update for the club coming soon...​

View attachment 237904

Sammarinese club Tre Penne made it to Champions League group stage! Congratulations to them for a fantastic achievement, they have a tough group and will probably get thrashed badly but they already made history for San Marino - more or less like our NT did at EURO 2020.

I guess it's fair say that The Most Serene Republic Of San Marino has two clubs playing in Champions League now!

that's a great chievement for Tre Penne, alathough it's a shame they didn't get drawn in your group, would have been interesting to see how they would fare against you.

View attachment 237904

Wow, that's unbelievable for Tre Penne, in my save the Sammanirese side in the Champions League always get hammered in the second qualifying round! How many clubs in the cs in your save are no longer amature clubs? Keep up the good work Kandersson :)

Wow, that's unbelievable for Tre Penne, in my save the Sammanirese side in the Champions League always get hammered in the second qualifying round! How many clubs in the cs in your save are no longer amature clubs? Keep up the good work Kandersson :)

actually they're all amateur, don't think this will change because I don't have SM as an active league. Tre Penne are now valued 7.5M euros though, not bad at all. Their squad doesn't look that good tbh, they were quite lucky in CL as they faced very weak teams in qual rounds

View attachment 237970View attachment 237969

FC Honka were their toughest challenge to reach group stage as you can see. Tre Penne have a large squad and their first team is essentially made of non-sammarinese players. Their best player is probably Romulo, veteran Brazilian wingback formerly with Serie A side Fiorentina.

Tre Penne play at the Olimpico IIRC so that is probably why they have seen some improvement. You could loan them some of your fringe players for the rest of the group stages to help them too.

San Marino In The 20's: The Club

Part II of this special update will focus on San Marino club, as the Titani enter the new decade as one of the most successful clubs in modern football.

Club History And Records

View attachment 238013View attachment 238011View attachment 238010View attachment 238012

You can tell San Marino have become one of the top clubs in the world when you look at those four consecutive Serie A and Champions League titles. Add success in other competitions like FIFA Club World Cup, Europa League, Italian Cup, European and Italian Super Cups and you'll realise San Marino have won basically every competition at any level - domestic, continental and worldwide. The Titani have also won league title in five different tiers of Italian football: Serie A, Serie B, Serie C1, Serie C2 and Serie D (didn't win Serie D myself obviously!) which is quite a unique achievement in Italian football. Multiple league and cup titles at U20 level are also a great pride for our club.

Several players have become fan favourites in the years, and recently young winger Fabio joined the likes of Enzo Scorza, Mohammed Gulraiz and Eric becoming an Icon for the club. Focus on two key players of past, present and future:

View attachment 238020View attachment 238019

Star striker Alex is a personal favourite of mine, he joined as a cheap 18 year old prospect and has since developed into a world class superstar. Two times winner of Serie A Top Scorer and European Golden Boot, Alex could soon break Scorza's record of goals for the club. The legendary Eric expressed the desire of playing in his native Brazil before retiring so I accepted a loan offer from Corinthians and I'm glad to see Eric performing well for them. He currently holds the record for most league appearences for San Marino with 200.

Network And Facilities

View attachment 238022View attachment 238021

San Marino have built an extensive network of affiliated clubs in the year. We have economic partnerships like the one with of Shandong, while we also improved our scouting knowledge with several European links. Clubs like Hapoel, Slovan and Caen are also very useful to send young players on loan, as they get playing time for clubs with good facilities, often entering European competitions.

The Olimpico of Serravalle is currently under expansion works and is set to reach 30,000 seats very soon - on a side note, the whole country of San Marino has a population of around 30,000...

Club facilities have been vastly improved and we are now boasting Top Training Facilities, State Of The Art Youth Facilities and Exceptional Junior Coaching. All these facilities have been maxed out and are currently at the very top in football. Our Well Established Youth Recruitment is also of very good standard, though hopefully we can upgrade that to "extensive" at some point.

Club Ranking

View attachment 238028View attachment 238029View attachment 238030View attachment 238031

San Marino are now the richest and most reputable club in Italy, also being the only club boasting worldwide reputation in the country. We are also a Top 5 club worldwide for both reputation and finances, not too bad for a club that started the previous decade playing in Serie C2.

New Rivalries

San Marino are currently a bit out of reach for traditional rivals Forlì, Gubbio and Bellaria as those clubs are still stucked in lower leagues misery. We have developed new rivalries in the years though, and games against these "new rivals" always seem to bring something extra, well at least I like to think that...

- Cesena: the Parent Club Derby. San Marino have a long term partnership with Cesena, and this cannot be canceled in any way. So despite being the top club in Italy (and despite Cesena often struggling to avoid relegation), we're still a "feeder club" for them! I don't think we've ever lost a single game against them, even in pre-season friendlies. It's always nice to destroy your "parent club" with a good 5-0, so every time we have a chance to humiliate them I make sure we do that.

- Juventus: this one started back in 2012, when Serie C1 side San Marino shocked the country beating traditional powerhouse Juventus in the Italian Cup. Juventus took revenge the following year as they punished us with a 6-1 (again in the Italian Cup), which is still the heaviest loss in San Marino history. The rivalry continued in Serie A, Juventus haven't been consistent league contenders lately but matches against them are always quite tough, often with lots of yellow/red cards, penalties and injuries. It does help that I have a strong dislike for Juventus IRL...

- Lyon: a rivalry that started with the contoversial Ailtongate deal. The boardroom sold them superstar striker Ailton behind my back, so I answered poaching Lyon's young talents on a regular basis. San Marino-Lyon has since become a CL classic, as we faced the French side on three different occasions - and knocked them out of the tournament every single time. Still hate them like the first time.

Next update with NT and first games of 2022 World Cup quals.​

Why don't you get a Sammarinese feeder club so you can help develop Sammarinese talent in the native league as well. Thanks for telling me where you found Eric I will sign him for my game when the opportunity arises

Last edited:
National Team: Road To 2022 World Cup

Been a bit lazy with updates recently, still very much into the challenge though! Club season 2020/21 was really the same old story as we won everything again, which included 5th consecutive titles in both Serie A and Champions League. Striker Alex beat every scoring record for the club, eclipsing the numbers of former Titani legends like Enzo Scorza and Ailton.

It's kind of hard to get excited about the club at the moment, I feel I've achieved everything I could and my real challenge is now developing local SM players for the national team, with a not-so-long term goal of only using SM players even at the club. I'm going to skip regular club updates for a while, at least until I can start implementing the new "cantera policy" with some consistency. Any screen in particular you might want to see, feel free to ask :)

So back to the National Team! After the EURO 2020 experience San Marino were ready for next challenge, and we were confident of our chances of doing well in a very even World Cup qualifying group. Let me just say we had an excellent campaign:

View attachment 240986View attachment 240987View attachment 240988View attachment 240989View attachment 240990View attachment 240993

1st place in our group! Easy points against weak Macedonia and Andorra teams gave us a good platform, while two surprisingly comfortable wins against Sweden were absolutely vital. Key game vs Scotland provided much drama as Fabio Scarano scored the winning goal with a penalty at minute 94! So after EURO 2020 San Marino will take part to another major international tournament, and this time it will be the biggest stage, the World Cup.

The Stars

View attachment 240994View attachment 240995View attachment 240996

These three players really led the NT during World Cup qualifiers, and are also enjoying successful club careers at the highest level. Fabio Scarano and Niko Micheli are important rotation players for San Marino club, both playing well and improving year by year. Scarano is SMNT's main playmaker and came up big with several clutch performances in WC qualifiers; Micheli (who plays MC with the club and DC with the country) is the defensive anchor of the team and current captain. Young GK Carlo Vignoli is currently first choice for Spanish giants Real Madrid (on loan from San Marino), as they chose him to replace retiring legend Iker Casillas. Vignoli is doing very well even at CL level, no doubt he will become first choice for San Marino club at some point.

The New Guys AKA Once Were Defectors

View attachment 240999View attachment 241000

2021 was the year two of the infamous Defectors finally gave up and accepted the call-up for San Marino. Giuseppe Vitiello was the original defector, the very first one rejecting SM back in 2013 (and kept doing so for 8 years). A former U19/U21 international for Italy, Vitiello decided to embrace San Marino the day he turned 24. Currently on loan at Serie A side Lazio (after several years spent on loan at various clubs), Vitiello is now first choice for NT at AML (at least until new defectors come in...) and brought some much needed quality to our weakest position. He played very well in his first games with the national team.

Left-back Matteo Mularoni was "quicker" than him, as he accepted SM call-up the day he turned 22 (most likely because he had never been selected for Italy youth teams before). Mularoni - currently on loan at Kaiserslautern - finally provides some depth at DL position, and allows me to move the versatile Pier Sposito (only decent DL until now) to midfield if needed. Like Vitiello, he started his international career quite impressively.

Other Defectors might be on their way to embrace SM very soon if my theories are correct... unfortunately potential superstars Gianluca Macina and Alessandro Paolone should become available only in 2023 :mad:

Last edited:
Brilliant some defectors are finally embracing SM and can you explain to me why Vitiello is AML as he isn't even accomplished in that position.

Brilliant some defectors are finally embracing SM and can you explain to me why Vitiello is AML as he isn't even accomplished in that position.

well he's competent at AML and most of all he's much better than every player I've ever had at that position for the NT. I tend to be quite consistent with my tactics so sometimes I just force players out of position. Vitiello has good stats in the right places to play the AML/right-footed playmaker role in my tactic, and actually performed very well in his first games with the NT.

Bad thing is Vitiello and first choice striker Di Marco just got injured for three months while on loan at other clubs, hopefully everyone will be in good shape for the World Cup...