Notts County the rise to glory

try hugo from desportivo brasila hes a young cheap centre back and hes top class:D

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

also try cristaldo for upfront hes cheap enough

Febuary Results

Bradford 0-0 Notts Co. L2

Notts Co. 4-0 Burton
Hughes,Davies(2) and Craig Westcarr

Macclesfield 2-3 Notts County
Delighted with this result, was not the favourate for this. Hughes,Barnes and Davies

Notts Co 1-2 Norwich JPT, North Final, 2nd Leg
Deceided to try out JP Woddy's new Clough tactic. Very nice game, however failed to convert. Pearson gave them the lead, Hamshaw equalised and the Cureton scored a screamer on 88.....salt in the wounds

Notts Co. 2-3 Rochdale L2
Dagnall gave them the lead after 1 min, Boto equalised on 4 mins, then OG by Edwards on 7 mins, Wiseman had Rochdale up 3-1 at half time. Hamshaw grabbed a consolation on 79. I dropped Edwards for a while after this match.

Bury 1-1 Notts Co.
Davies scored a scorcher of a FK after 9 mins, I mounted the pressure, but Hughes couldnt finish. Carlton equalised after 60 mins.

Pretty dissapointing month for my lads, but still we are at the summit of the league, but im leaking goals and Im not scoring enough

Will have screenies up after I update March

March Results

Notts Co. 2-0 Barnet L2
1st place vs 3rd, deceided to give Luke Rodgers a run out and he scores two goalsoO)
Also Northampton(2nd place) drew at home

Shrewsbury 2-0 Notts Co.
After a decent result last week I was hoping that the guys would put in a steller performance, I was completely outplayed here. Very frustrated at this stage

Notts Co. 1-1 Aldershot
All over these guys, for 80 minutes they didnt threaten then Grant scores on 81, Westcarr equalised on 89 to save us a point from a game where we fully deserved all three

Notts Co. 2-1 Port Vale
Just had to win this, Hughes finally scored a goal, an OG sealed the win. Three points that i'll gladly take

Notts Co. 1-1 Grimsby
Words cannot describe my frustation after the end of this match, Hughes scored after 3 minutes, I maintained the pressure, the Jarman equalised, really have no idea how I didn't win this one

Here are some screenshots, league table, results/fixture......

View attachment 10735
View attachment 10737
View attachment 10738
View attachment 10736

April Results

Chesterfield 0-1 Notts Co. L2
Had my back against the wall for 90 mins, defended admirably, Lee scored from a corner. Yet I am dissapointed with the performance and the manner of the result

Hereford 2-1 Notts Co. L2
Just wasn't at the races here, plenty of chances for Hughes,Davies and Smith to score, 15% accuracy on shooting. Lunt gave them lead, Campo equalised from 30 yards and the got the winner on 89 mins through Morris

Notts Co. 1-0 Torquay L2
1-4 to win this one, diabolicle display in front of goals again, Torquay had the chance to score after Campo got S.O. Lee again came to the rescue on 87 mins. Very poor

Very tight at the top( just one point in fact), four games remaining. I will keep updating tonight and we will know the faith of Notts County. We have at least qualified for the playoffs, but the wrong time of year to start playing poor.
Stay tuned

Keep it up Tommy mate :)
good luck staying at the top :D
by the way, I'm about to update my thread - keep an eye out ;)

Quick update, just played these games

Dag & Red 0-0 Notts Co L2
Yet another dissapointing display my my frontmen,13 shots.....2 on target. Hughes has not scored in 450 mins. Northampton take the lead in the league by one point

Notts Co. 3-0 Cheltenham L2
Lady luck shined on me here, Hughes failed to score again, but TWO O.Gs and a goal from Joyce.
In another results Barnet 0-0 Northampton.....BACK on top

Notts County have been promoted to the Coca Cola League One!!!!

Here are the remaining two fixtures

Bournemouth vs Notts County

Notts County vs Northampton

We are set up for a ''Hollywood'' finish, stay tuned

congrats on promotion and good luck in the champo:D

Bournemouth 2-1 Notts County Northampton 2-2 Shrewsbury
Pitman 27 Barnes 8 OG 27 Cawley 22
Bartley 78 Beckwith 38(pen) Leslie 45

Northampton are on top on goal difference.
Yet again I fail to put a team away after taking the lead, I now need a result at Meadow Lane, comming at a time when I can't win or score.....widh me luck

Last edited:
Great stuff good luck in League 1!

Thanks to everyone for support. But I do need help in League 1, please post any tips......

cheers Herrity and HLC2K9

I'm guessing Burnley have been relegated? if so, raid them - by 'raid' I mean they will be selling some very good players for very little money. Always look to teams that've been relegated as they will always have players on the way out :)

I'm guessing Burnley have been relegated? if so, raid them - by 'raid' I mean they will be selling some very good players for very little money. Always look to teams that've been relegated as they will always have players on the way out :)

Prem Stoke,Fulham and Birmingham

Champ Barnsely,Scunthorpe and Blackpool

League 1 Stockport, Wycome, Gillingham and Brentford

thanks for that

Prem Stoke,Fulham and Birmingham

Champ Barnsely,Scunthorpe and Blackpool

League 1 Stockport, Wycome, Gillingham and Brentford

thanks for that
I'd go straight in for Birmingham if I were you, and if you still need a striker have a look at Peter Thompson of Stockport County :)