Notts County the rise to glory

hahah thank you all. I really need to get a good photoshop though

Sorry I havent been on guys, just started the 'Pool game, then got sick of it, have a football game this evening so ill be on again tommorow

August Results

Following our opening day loss to Tranmere, pressure was on...

Notts Co. 1-3 Sheff Utd Carling Cup Round 1
A repeat of last years encounter, Evans and Cotterhill had them up 2-0 at HT, Campo scored a screamer but after a sustained period of pressure from us. Campo then fouled Evans in the box, Davenport tucked away the penalty.

Crewe 1-0 Notts Co L1
Excellent performance from the lads, just not scoring up front. Campo scored an O.G:mad:

nearing the end of the transfer window, I nearly signed Micheal Ball......but I think I have Bobo Balde for 24k

Notts Co 4-2 Carlisle L1
Lying in 22nd place we really needed to get a result. Great performance up front, Rodgers netted two while Birchall and Balde scored on his debut.

Barnsley 2-3 Notts Co L1
One of the best results ever, Barnsley were in first after three straight wins, Hughes gave us the lead, but Bridges and a Colace penalty had us down 2-1 at HT. But then Rodgers scored a great placed shot, then a fantastic header from a Davies FK on 92 mins:)

View attachment 11295
View attachment 11296
View attachment 11297

good stuff tommy

check out my ac milan thread;)

thanks man, your looking good too. that Paddy Kenny thing is hilarious, fat *******

September Results

Oldham 0-3 Notts Co. L1
Deegean,Rodgers and Portilla

Notts Co. 1-0 Northampton L1
Rodgers

Notts Co. 2-1 Brighton HA L1
Smith and Senda (p), Elphick scored for them

Yeovil Town 2-1 Notts Co L1
Rodgers scored for me, then Bowditch equalised and Murtagh got the winner on 84m:mad:

Currently lying 8th
Best players have been Rodgers,Deegan and Martis

Hey guys im back...just started October tonight
After a decent month that ended poorly with a defeat to Tony Skiverton's Yeovil Town....we needed to start with a win

Hartlepool 0-2 Notts Co L1
Portilla and Rodgers,again:), in an easy victory....great start.......

more to follow....

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Notts Co. 1-1 Colchester L1
A very dissapointing result, considering our anihilation of Hartlepool. Thomas gave them the early lead, the Hughes equalised after a prolonged period of pressure. Jeff Smith has picked up a hamstring injury, but I have no idea how serious it is, this really screws up my system.

Crewe 1-2 Notts Co JPT
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Great performance from the boys, left Rodgers,Deegan,Balde and Martis out of this one, just in case. Hughes and a last minute Davies FK.....beautiful

Up next are Blackpool away, dificult game, but we should prevail. Also Alan Shearer has taken over Walsall.....in the game that is.

sound Danny...any chance you could tell me who made you that sig? looks *******<)

sweet man, I might get ya to make me one soon, if that's ok!!!
also how do I upload a tactic? think i nearly have mine tweaked<)

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Just a quick update guys...

Blackpool 1-1 Notts Co L1
Jason Euell 43' Hughes 12'

Was counting on a win here, Blackpool were lying in 22nd, I was in the play-off places. Ene to end stuff here, a lot of dirty tackles. Portilla is injured, so I effectively have no left mid. Currently lying in 10th

Notts Co 3-1 Walsall L1
Hughes 46 Ricketts 7
Rodgers 63
Senda 89

A Lewington error gave them the lead, they are becomming all too common. But we dominated possestion and had loads of attempts. Comfortable.

Huddersfield 3-1 Notts Co. L1
Pilkington 23 Portilla 89
Robinson 27 + 55

We curled up and gave up on this one, I thought I had my tactics right but Martis was caught over the top way too many times. They had a lot of long shots which Krul tipped over the bar, two goals from corners. Portilla gave us the consolation, was not happy after this game. Got Leeds next at home in JPT and drew Bristol (a) in FA

Notts Co. 2-3 Leeds Utd JPT Qtr Final North
Barnes 5 Grella 24
Davies 11 Howson 27
Balde injured 82 Snodgrass 88

Yes I was 2-0 up after 11 minutes, kinda eased up after that but Martis again was terrible and it was 2-2 after 30 mins. Dominated in the second half, brought on Rodgers. Balde had to be taken off the field so I had to bring in Hazell, Rodgers immediately cracked the post, then the crossbar. I knew then it wasnt my night, 2 minutes later Snodgrass hit the top corner from 25 yards. I AM VERY VERY FRUSTRATED NOW!!! I only wanted to beat Leeds, couldnt give a **** about the JPT anyways.

Last edited:
November

Bristol Rovers 2-2 Notts County FA Cup
Jeff Hughes 2 Magnus Eikrem 51
Duffy 85 Stale Eide 70

Bristol Rovers are broke, financially that is, they are also lying in 22nd place in L2. Didn't field a strong team for this one, so the scoreline is no suprise, very proud of Magnus Eikrem(earlier released by Man Utd) who scored and added an assist. Carl Ikeme was very poor in goals,Barnes didn't play well and Graeme Lee seemed out of his depth. We're going to a replay. Here's Eikrem's profile
View attachment 11541

Notts Co 1-0 Bristol City FA Cup 1st Round Replay
Hughes (26)

Bristol Rovers 0-0 Notts Co L1
Nothing specific to note here. Very very very boring match

Aldershot 0-2 Notts Co L1
Hughes (23)
Davies (67)
Very controlled victory against our League 2 rivals from last year.

Notts Co 2-0 Mansfield FA Cup 2Rd
Hamshaw 23
Rodgers 50

View attachment 11647
View attachment 11648

hey guys, haven't been on in a while, will update more tonight....til then

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

hey guys, my Notts game has run into some difficulty!!! However I'm thinking of starting a new thread, a new lower league challenge. BS North or South....as I have no idea what team to pick im looking for advise.....a team no one here as ever managed...thanks