After reading this thread I got inspired to do a Wigan save.

Transfer window soon shut and I got 3M for a backup midfielder but so far this is what Ive done.

Out:

Thomas
Boyce
Kirkland (loan)
Jordi Gomez
Ben Watson

In:

Alan Dzagoev - AMC
Nathaniel Clyne - RB
Christian Benitez - ST
Vaclav Kadlex - ST (He can play good on the left AM side aswell as a backup striker)
Vincent Enyeama - GK

I´m thinking of buying a CM/DM hybrid wonderkid as backup in some sort of instalment/loan deal as I was so stupid that I loaned out Ben Watson....

Well done rfc boy uve mangagd to inspire people, anyways gd idea to get benitez bt he was alredy bought by spurs on mine

i did the same with loanin out jordi gomez bt im gonna swap him with wickham at the end of the season

lol I trashed benfica 3-1 on their ground (pre season friendly though) with benitez scoring a hattrick.

He have a average of 8.54 after 5 games. Hard to get any sollid backup CM/DM for 1M pound though.. Anyone have a loan with option to buy suggestion?

Try Kara from Tromso can play as a dm might be able to get him on loan

ah ye I will. I usually never get him because his work permit gets rejected, going to give it a try

Tried to get Garmash on a loan deal, wich would be the perfect player, but he would not negotiate contracts with me..

Was thinking workpermits might be a bit of an issue. What about Radoslav Petrovic if he hasnt already been signed by someone.

Josue was already signed by some other team.

After failing to get any sort of loan deal with:

Denys Garmash
Moussa Sissoko
Radosav Petrovic
Taras Stephanenko

I finally got a loan deal with Alfred N´Daiye wiht an option to buy! for 4.2M

Josue was already signed by some other team.

After failing to get any sort of loan deal with:

Denys Garmash
Moussa Sissoko
Radosav Petrovic
Taras Stephanenko

I finally got a loan deal with Alfred N´Daiye wiht an option to buy! for 4.2M

The one from A.S Nancy? If its him he is a good solid player

I mixed up all your guys advices and made a mine guide for Wigan of it since I could not find any :)

I´m new to FM so pardon my amateurish.

wafccrest.jpg

1)
Season Expectations:

For this one I went with "mid table" As it give me much more dough than "stay out of relegation" and is not
to unrealistic for Wigan IMO! Still you get like 3M or something in transfer founds wich is 0.1% of what city get.

2)
Training And Staff:

Wigan have some good staff and some ******, but since you dont have so much money to start with I reccomend only two signings:

Tosh Farrel - Give him a Manager contract and you have a superb attacking/shooting coach
Omar Feitosa or Paul Winsper, great fysio coaches and quite cheap aswell

For training schedule I suggest Duncs medium workload: Dunc's Training - V1.2 - Medium Workload - Downloads - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

3)
Squad:

Ok this is why we play FM right? Because of the squad, and IMO Wigan have some good players with potential

Goalkeepers:

Ali Al Habsi
Chris Kirkland
Michael Pollitt

Ok.. imo their keeper is not PL but championship quality and if you want to stay up you need a more sollid GK than kirkland, the other two are just backup quality.

Out:
Chris Kirkland

In:
Vincent Enyeama or Renan (great young GK who play for avai and have potential to be one of the best)

Fulbacks:

Maynor Figueroa
Ronnie Stam

Wigan are in serious lack of Fulbacks but the two they have are OK quality and both should be your starting right and left FB

In:

Nathaniel Clyne (great youth prospect and can play on either flanks, quite cheap aswell) or Lee Wallace, Liam Ridgewell. I reccomend Clyne as he is the cheapest, but also the one with most potential. Great backup

Out:
No one!

Central Defenders:

Antolín Alcaraz
Steve Gohouri
Gary Caldwell
Emmerson Boyce
Steven Caldwell

You have good quality in Gohouri but the rest is not that great.. Unfortunatly you need to splash the cash other places at the start of the season and both Kara and Tobias Figueiredo are hard to get because of Work permits etc, but in january you should try to go for Mianda Roderick.

Out:

Emmerson Boyce

In:

Tobias Figueiredo - He is a great prospect for the future (one of the best) and actually possible to get for free, but he is a bit selective if he want contract talks or not. Just try to sign him If he dont want then move on.
Kara - Tromsø - Great young CD who also can play as a CDM. You can get him for like 1M and he is quality right from the start. Unfortunately he almost never get his work permit...
Miranda Roderick - You can get this guy for 2M-ish and he is also a great great youth prospect and if toutored right can end up as the new Lucio, if not better. He is quality enough to play as a backup in the first season. But you should wait for to January with siging him

Midfield:

Mohamed Diame
James McCarthy
Ben Watson
Hendry Thomas
Tom Cleverley
Jordi Gómez
James McArthur
Callum McManaman

Your midfield have some good players like Diame, McCarthy (who is also a great prospect for the future)
James McArthur, Jordi Gomez, Thomas etc but you need some cash to strengthen the squad because right now it is more championship than PL quality.

Out:
Hendry Thomas
Jordi Gomez
Callum MCmanaman

Ben Watson (make a switch deal for him with Connor Wickham at the end of the season)

In:

Alan Dzagoev or Gylfi Sigurðsson. One of theese two would do it, choose whoever you want as both is possible to get for Wigan. I prefered to go for Dzagoev though but Gylfi is awesome too. You should also look at Tom Cairney because he is cheap and amazing in the future.
Alfred N´Diaye, Denys Garmash, Nkoulou, Radosav Petrovic, Taras Stepanenko are all good DM players and amazing youth prospects. Some are harder to get than other but you should be able to land one of theese guys on a loan with option to buy deal. I went for Alfred N´Diaye because of his monster physics

Forwards/strikers:

Hugo Rodallega
Charles N'Zogbia
Franco Di Santo
Victor Moses
Mauro Boselli (loaned out)
Conor Sammon

You have two amazing wingers/forwards in Rodallega and N´Zogbia. Zogbia is usually get a transfer request from liverpool at the start, and get a bit grumpy if you reject it. Just have a talk with him and promise a brighter future and he usually ease up. If not you should cash out big on him and dont sell him for less than 12-18M, but as I sayd try to hold onto him. Victor Moses is just a backup winger and Sammon + Di Santo needs more experience so you should try to loan them out.

Out:
Conor Sammon (loan)
Franco Di Santo (loan)

In:
Vaclav Kadlec or Sergio Araujo. Both is obtainable quite cheap and both are future world stars and good enough as backup. Personally I go for Kadlec since you can get him for 1M and he can play on the left flank aswell. But you have to offer him a contract as a key player for him to join you since Barca and Man Utd usually bid on him aswell.
Christian Benitez - This guy is a must! He is a beast of a poacher, scores tons of goals and only cost 2-3M He got a bit high wage demands but he is worth it!
Connor Wickham - swap him with ben watson at the end of the season and you have yourself a bargain.

This is what I personally did with teh transfers:

20ubp1z.png

NB! I have norwegian currencys were 1 NOK equals 0.1145 GBP thats why the signing look expensive..

Out:

Ben Watson (swap at end of season)
Hendry Thomas
Emmerson Boyce
Chris Kirkland
Jordi Gomez
Callum McManaman

In:
Alan Dzagoev - AMC
Nathaniel Clyne - RB
Christian Benitez - ST
Vaclav Kadlec - ST/LAM/LW
Vincent Enyeama - GK
Alfred N´Diaye - CM/DM (got this guy on a loan with option to buy)
(Connor Wickham gonna swap him with Ben watson at the end of first season)

NB! Almost all the sigings exept Kadlec, N´ Diaye and Enyeama is on some sort of down payment over 48 months. N´Diaye I have an option to buy for 4M during the season loan.

4)
Tactics:

Ok, so we have ourself a squad now and need to make it click

I´m using a 4231, but you can easly use a 41221 aswell. I use this tactic (with some tweaks) and I beat chelsea 2-0 and played 3-3 against arsenal away: JP WOODYs HIGH SCORING TACTIC 11.3 - Downloads - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Screenshot of my starting XI
5zjn61.png

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Feel free to use my work for a better guide folks :)

I mixed up all your guys advices and made a mine guide for Wigan of it since I could not find any :)

I´m new to FM so pardon my amateurish.

wafccrest.jpg

1)
Season Expectations:

For this one I went with "mid table" As it give me much more dough than "stay out of relegation" and is not
to unrealistic for Wigan IMO! Still you get like 3M or something in transfer founds wich is 0.1% of what city get.

2)
Training And Staff:

Wigan have some good staff and some ******, but since you dont have so much money to start with I reccomend only two signings:

Tosh Farrel - Give him a Manager contract and you have a superb attacking/shooting coach
Omar Feitosa or Paul Winsper, great fysio coaches and quite cheap aswell

For training schedule I suggest Duncs medium workload: Dunc's Training - V1.2 - Medium Workload - Downloads - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

3)
Squad:

Ok this is why we play FM right? Because of the squad, and IMO Wigan have some good players with potential

Goalkeepers:

Ali Al Habsi
Chris Kirkland
Michael Pollitt

Ok.. imo their keeper is not PL but championship quality and if you want to stay up you need a more sollid GK than kirkland, the other two are just backup quality.

Out:
Chris Kirkland

In:
Vincent Enyeama or Renan (great young GK who play for avai and have potential to be one of the best)

Fulbacks:

Maynor Figueroa
Ronnie Stam

Wigan are in serious lack of Fulbacks but the two they have are OK quality and both should be your starting right and left FB

In:

Nathaniel Clyne (great youth prospect and can play on either flanks, quite cheap aswell) or Lee Wallace, Liam Ridgewell. I reccomend Clyne as he is the cheapest, but also the one with most potential. Great backup

Out:
No one!

Central Defenders:

Antolín Alcaraz
Steve Gohouri
Gary Caldwell
Emmerson Boyce
Steven Caldwell

You have good quality in Gohouri but the rest is not that great.. Unfortunatly you need to splash the cash other places at the start of the season and both Kara and Tobias Figueiredo are hard to get because of Work permits etc, but in january you should try to go for Mianda Roderick.

Out:

Emmerson Boyce

In:

Tobias Figueiredo - He is a great prospect for the future (one of the best) and actually possible to get for free, but he is a bit selective if he want contract talks or not. Just try to sign him If he dont want then move on.
Kara - Tromsø - Great young CD who also can play as a CDM. You can get him for like 1M and he is quality right from the start. Unfortunately he almost never get his work permit...
Miranda Roderick - You can get this guy for 2M-ish and he is also a great great youth prospect and if toutored right can end up as the new Lucio, if not better. He is quality enough to play as a backup in the first season. But you should wait for to January with siging him

Midfield:

Mohamed Diame
James McCarthy
Ben Watson
Hendry Thomas
Tom Cleverley
Jordi Gómez
James McArthur
Callum McManaman

Your midfield have some good players like Diame, McCarthy (who is also a great prospect for the future)
James McArthur, Jordi Gomez, Thomas etc but you need some cash to strengthen the squad because right now it is more championship than PL quality.

Out:
Hendry Thomas
Jordi Gomez
Callum MCmanaman

Ben Watson (make a switch deal for him with Connor Wickham at the end of the season)

In:

Alan Dzagoev or Gylfi Sigurðsson. One of theese two would do it, choose whoever you want as both is possible to get for Wigan. I prefered to go for Dzagoev though but Gylfi is awesome too. You should also look at Tom Cairney because he is cheap and amazing in the future.
Alfred N´Diaye, Denys Garmash, Nkoulou, Radosav Petrovic, Taras Stepanenko are all good DM players and amazing youth prospects. Some are harder to get than other but you should be able to land one of theese guys on a loan with option to buy deal. I went for Alfred N´Diaye because of his monster physics

Forwards/strikers:

Hugo Rodallega
Charles N'Zogbia
Franco Di Santo
Victor Moses
Mauro Boselli (loaned out)
Conor Sammon

You have two amazing wingers/forwards in Rodallega and N´Zogbia. Zogbia is usually get a transfer request from liverpool at the start, and get a bit grumpy if you reject it. Just have a talk with him and promise a brighter future and he usually ease up. If not you should cash out big on him and dont sell him for less than 12-18M, but as I sayd try to hold onto him. Victor Moses is just a backup winger and Sammon + Di Santo needs more experience so you should try to loan them out.

Out:
Conor Sammon (loan)
Franco Di Santo (loan)

In:
Vaclav Kadlec or Sergio Araujo. Both is obtainable quite cheap and both are future world stars and good enough as backup. Personally I go for Kadlec since you can get him for 1M and he can play on the left flank aswell. But you have to offer him a contract as a key player for him to join you since Barca and Man Utd usually bid on him aswell.
Christian Benitez - This guy is a must! He is a beast of a poacher, scores tons of goals and only cost 2-3M He got a bit high wage demands but he is worth it!
Connor Wickham - swap him with ben watson at the end of the season and you have yourself a bargain.

This is what I personally did with teh transfers:

20ubp1z.png

NB! I have norwegian currencys were 1 NOK equals 0.1145 GBP thats why the signing look expensive..

Out:

Ben Watson (swap at end of season)
Hendry Thomas
Emmerson Boyce
Chris Kirkland
Jordi Gomez
Callum McManaman

In:
Alan Dzagoev - AMC
Nathaniel Clyne - RB
Christian Benitez - ST
Vaclav Kadlec - ST/LAM/LW
Vincent Enyeama - GK
Alfred N´Diaye - CM/DM (got this guy on a loan with option to buy)
(Connor Wickham gonna swap him with Ben watson at the end of first season)

NB! Almost all the sigings exept Kadlec, N´ Diaye and Enyeama is on some sort of down payment over 48 months. N´Diaye I have an option to buy for 4M during the season loan.

4)
Tactics:

Ok, so we have ourself a squad now and need to make it click

I´m using a 4231, but you can easly use a 41221 aswell. I use this tactic (with some tweaks) and I beat chelsea 2-0 and played 3-3 against arsenal away: JP WOODYs HIGH SCORING TACTIC 11.3 - Downloads - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Screenshot of my starting XI
5zjn61.png

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Feel free to use my work for a better guide folks :)

Good guide, post it in Here and it'll get even more views.

Also for centre back I recommend trying to get Dede from Vasco da Gama on a pre contract as he is a quality defender.
For full backs add Dodo from Corinthians

A LB/LWB that I always buy when playing with Wigan is Arthur Boka.. Can get him for about £2m and he has always done excellently when played as a Wing Back - Attacker.

Done, fixed some of the spelling but still a bit lazy to make it more "flashy"

Nice one. I downloaded a LFCMarshall patch and managed to get Nigel Reo Coker transfer listed so bought him

Chris Eagles / Alex Chamberlain - Brilliant Replacement's