Vanjagl

Premium
Reaction score
It's quite simple, whats your ocd when playing Football manager?

Mine is that no one in the team has the #32 shirt because I hate Carlos Tevez with passion.

It's quite simple, whats your ocd when playing Football manager?

Mine is that no one in the team has the #32 shirt because I hate Carlos Tevez with passion.

my ocd when playing fm17 is spending hours on the team select screen and quite often i end up quitting altogether!anyone know a good therapist

I can't turn the game off if it's the day of a match because I managed to convince myself that if I do I'll lose that match when I next play the game.

I always build the same 25 man squad if I can

GK X3

LB X2
RB X2

CB X2
CB X2

DMC X2
MC X2
AMC X2

AML X2
AMR X2

FW X2
FW X2

Mine's to do with contract bonuses: I always offer my defenders 10x their wage as a seasonal landmark goal bonus if they score 5 goals, midfielders if they score 10 and forwards if they score 20 rather than a bonus each time they score.

I won't sign any players whose history mentions a B team, i.e. PSG Reserves, Real Madrid B, Baskonia, Bayern II etc. Lost out on thousands of great players that way :(

Why the **** not lol.

I dunno man, guess it looks messy and unlike what you'd see in real life. You know when you see a player who's been at, say, PSG for 5 years but not been starting 11 and each season lists both the first team and the reserves, regardless of whether he's played any games for either? That **** gets on my ****, and I don't know why it's started happening with French and Dutch teams, plus some Croatian and Romanian ones, it used to just be Spanish and German ones. But I know I'm being illogical and **** about it, that's why I've put it here, not under 'Supercool, clever and amazing things you do in FM that make perfect sense'.

In a similar vein, but possibly even worse, and again to do with player histories, is back in CM97/98 when cup and European games used to count toward the total so a player's history could say he played 60 games in a season. Again didn't look realistic so I used to restrict my players to 38 games combined in Spain and England, and 34 everywhere else. Used to plan ahead to make sure my best players would be 'eligible' for Champions League finals etc.

Is this the winner so far?

I dunno man, guess it looks messy and unlike what you'd see in real life. You know when you see a player who's been at, say, PSG for 5 years but not been starting 11 and each season lists both the first team and the reserves, regardless of whether he's played any games for either? That **** gets on my ****, and I don't know why it's started happening with French and Dutch teams, plus some Croatian and Romanian ones, it used to just be Spanish and German ones. But I know I'm being illogical and **** about it, that's why I've put it here, not under 'Supercool, clever and amazing things you do in FM that make perfect sense'.

In a similar vein, but possibly even worse, and again to do with player histories, is back in CM97/98 when cup and European games used to count toward the total so a player's history could say he played 60 games in a season. Again didn't look realistic so I used to restrict my players to 38 games combined in Spain and England, and 34 everywhere else. Used to plan ahead to make sure my best players would be 'eligible' for Champions League finals etc.

Is this the winner so far?

Yep you win. :O

I could be playing with a 0-0-11 formation and I'd still have my subs set up the same
CB
RB
DM
CM
AML
AMR
STC

I could be playing with a 0-0-11 formation and I'd still have my subs set up the same
CB
RB
DM
CM
AML
AMR
STC

How often, if ever, have you had a keeper injured/sent off? I've never quite been brave enough not to have a keeper on the bench...but think it probably is worth the gamble.

How often, if ever, have you had a keeper injured/sent off? I've never quite been brave enough not to have a keeper on the bench...but think it probably is worth the gamble.

only once on fm fm14 put rooney in goal and he instantly saved a penalty :D then

let in 2 goals so i lost lol

I sign a no2 GK on a 1 year contract only and always release them and sign another - weird?
In a match I keep my mouse cursor over the 'pause' button in case I have to stop it to sort out something tactically.
I try and bring back former players as coaches even if they're *****.

One of the random things I have started doing is keeping players with the same shirt number they started off with.

I don't like the thought of our fans buying their shirts, getting their favourite players name and number on the back and then we change it....bit mean!

I will never sign a contract with a team, if I'm not able to put on sunglasses and make their name sound cool. Really, I'm not gonna sit around and say "Derby" or "Crotone" for five years.

Suit up for every kind of finale. Don't care if it's the Checkatrade or the Champions League Finale, at least put on a tie and respect it. Also, if possible, play the relevant cups theme song during pre game.

Never sign a third choice goalie under the age of 33 or from another country. I want a country grown old **** sitting on the bench three times a year, picking up just enough wages to afford the fare home, whilst teaching my youngsters how to make a woman squirt. Preferences people.

If a player name makes me giggle, he will be signed. Max Power is a stable.

Sign at least one U23 player a year from every feeder club. Just my way of giving back to the people. Don't know, in my head it helps strengthening the ties and increasing the local clubs intake. Probably doesn't, but leave me be.

Agreeing with @naterr, NEVER change a players shirt number. I don't care if I accidentally gave my future star striker the number 2, deal with it. Once had a homegrown goalkeeper go his whole career with the number 4.

Attend all of the press conferences, and if a journalist ****** me off, I will make a note to his name, so that whenever he asks me a question going forward, I'll ignore him. Also, crack a joke every now and again, don't think the game recognizes it, but you'll know yourself, how much of a hoot you are to interview. It's the small things.

Sure there's plenty more, but these were the more irregular ones.

Ps. Sorry for the terrible spelling, I'm danish.

I have a few OCD's in FM:

1. I can only pick my team in the tactics screen rather than the squad screen

2. During a match i keep my cursor on the pause icon

3. I ALWAYS pause the match before i shout a team talk command or make tactical changes otherwise i panic when the game is still playing.

4. If i am on a winning streak i can't exit the game as im scared it will interrupt our momentum

5. I can't exit the game on the day of a match

6. Throughout the day no matter where i am e.g. work, pub etc.... if an idea for new tactics or a way to improve my team comes into my head i make a note of it in my phone so i can follow it through when im next on FM

7. Whichever team i manage on FM i always cheer them on in real life e.g i'm currently at Oxford United and i always keep an eye on how they are doing. I also feel proud if one of my players score in real life!

Theres plenty more but these are the main ones.

I will never sign a contract with a team, if I'm not able to put on sunglasses and make their name sound cool. Really, I'm not gonna sit around and say "Derby" or "Crotone" for five years.

Suit up for every kind of finale. Don't care if it's the Checkatrade or the Champions League Finale, at least put on a tie and respect it. Also, if possible, play the relevant cups theme song during pre game.

Never sign a third choice goalie under the age of 33 or from another country. I want a country grown old **** sitting on the bench three times a year, picking up just enough wages to afford the fare home, whilst teaching my youngsters how to make a woman squirt. Preferences people.

If a player name makes me giggle, he will be signed. Max Power is a stable.

Sign at least one U23 player a year from every feeder club. Just my way of giving back to the people. Don't know, in my head it helps strengthening the ties and increasing the local clubs intake. Probably doesn't, but leave me be.

Agreeing with @naterr, NEVER change a players shirt number. I don't care if I accidentally gave my future star striker the number 2, deal with it. Once had a homegrown goalkeeper go his whole career with the number 4.

Attend all of the press conferences, and if a journalist ****** me off, I will make a note to his name, so that whenever he asks me a question going forward, I'll ignore him. Also, crack a joke every now and again, don't think the game recognizes it, but you'll know yourself, how much of a hoot you are to interview. It's the small things.

Sure there's plenty more, but these were the more irregular ones.

Ps. Sorry for the terrible spelling, I'm danish.

Thought you were English, and had to read the whole thing again when you said you weren't, and no spelling errors. At least I think so, but then what do I know, I'm Danish too.

Anyway, best comment on this post so far, tillykke! Also do most of the things you mention here, except the suit, and the 3rd goalie thing is quite specific - but now that you mention it, he should probably also teach the kids how to drink, parallel park and change a plug