Official England v Slovenia/Algeria discussion thread.

Will England Qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's kinda early for this thread, but it was gonna happen sometime. :)

Anyway, I was just wondering what people's prediction's were for the game and the line-up they would choose, players they would drop, formations etc etc.

4-2-3-1
James

Johnson Terry Dawson
(Carra suspended) A. Cole

Barry Lampard

Lennon Gerrard J.Cole

Rooney

So, we need a win to qualify.

How the group is atm:

Slovenia - 4pts

USA - 2pts
England - 2pts
Algeria - 1pt

If we win, we go through regardless of other results, but do we want Germany in the last 16?

So, what approach would you take towards the game, it looks likely that Slovenia will 'park the bus' so it goes without saying that we need to take it easy, and carefully and not throw too many players forward at once.

So, would you go for it and try and get as many goals as possible so we can win the group but also run the risk of being counter-attacked, or would you settle for a 1 - 0 and ensure our place in the last 16 and face the possibillity of playing Germany?

Let's also make this a complaint thread about how poor we were against Algeria, just basically let us know, what you'd like to see for the England game on Wednesday afternoon.

Last edited:
Its funny how everyone can see that we need to play 4-2-3-1 except Capello, he really lost it tactically last night.

Its funny how everyone can see that we need to play 4-2-3-1 except Capello, he really lost it tactically last night.

Yeah, right at the crucial time.

At least we're better than the French.

Come on Slovenia ! A.B.E

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Yeah, right at the crucial time.

At least we're better than the French.

Doesn't take much!

So, if we beat Slovenia, and USA fail to beat Algeria, we win the group with Slovenia as runner's up, but if we win, and USA also win, whoever has the biggest goal-difference will go through.

If we win, we are through, regardless of what USA do. As we would have 5 and Slovenia 4pts.

do we really want to come top? If Ghana beat the Aussies today and don't lose against Germany then they go top.

We just need to hope and pray that USA don't get a result.

Slovenia shouldn't be underestimated,especially after their performance against the Americans,of whom were lucky to escape by the skin of their teeth.

Even Desailly pleaded to Capello to switch to a 4-2-3-1,but we'll see if whether or not it has fallen onto deaf ears.

whats the matter with england players???!!!!
rooney looks like not motivated and seem to be holding back in this two matches.....
lampard not working... the winger not do what the suppose to do....
glen johnson crosses awfull...
why Cappello doesnt want use 4-5-1 which i think will take out the best from the player...

Rooney shouldn't be playing. He was a disgrace.

Heskey and Defoe up front please.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

whats the matter with england players???!!!!
rooney looks like not motivated and seem to be holding back in this two matches.....
lampard not working... the winger not do what the suppose to do....
glen johnson crosses awfull...
why Cappello doesnt want use 4-5-1 which i think will take out the best from the player...

I disagree.

His defending WAS poor but his crosses were decent.

At least he was trying to be more attacking minded unlike Lazy Lampard, Greedy Gerrard and ****** Rooney. XD

Every player needs to do better, simples, rooney was ****, the worst player on the pitch against algeria, but his Service was also *****, gerrard, lennon, SWP and Lampard. done of them could pass the ball, cross the ball or takes corners, as for the defence, thank god We have a new CB partnership( maybe 2 new CBs)

i havent really got it in me to write much about this game, i just hope we win, even if its a scrappy 1-0 **** it.

1-0 is all we need right now.

Capello is too scared to drop Rooney but I can see one of the wingers getting the goal.

1-0 is all we need right now.

Capello is too scared to drop Rooney but I can see one of the wingers getting the goal.

Yeah, Capello bums Rooney.

But he plays him too deep, he needs to be like a poacher.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Added poll, vote. :)

Slovenia are good defensively and if we couldn't score against Algeria we will definately not score against Slovenia. Hate to say it but there is a big chance we could go out.

Bet upson plays instead of Dawson.

So we wont win.