• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Celtic's largest shareholder believes the Old Firm giants will join the Premier League because of media organisations' influence in football.

More...

forget the influence, it would never get voted through by the other clubs...

No no and no.

This should never ever happen just because a nations league is more lucrative doesn't mean they can suddenly jump ship. You don't see Porto or Braga sayin we want to play in La Liga for more money.

If they want a better league get their own league sorted rather than just jumping ship.

No no and no.

This should never ever happen just because a nations league is more lucrative doesn't mean they can suddenly jump ship. You don't see Porto or Braga sayin we want to play in La Liga for more money.

If they want a better league get their own league sorted rather than just jumping ship.
also, this would defintely re open the debate of why the home nations dont play as one system, and one national side, something that we all definitely dont want.

also, this would defintely re open the debate of why the home nations dont play as one system, and one national side, something that we all definitely dont want.

Yeah it would open can of worms because teams like Hearts and Kilmarnock could start saying well we want to join the Championship and could spiral all the way down the leagues

Nver....shoudl not happen,this will cause a **** lot of debates and problems on more and more topics which would get opened up if this happens, and if this does happen, the Scottish League System will be completely dissolve..once they go a lot of other Scottish teams will want to get a slice of the pie which will lead to decreased revenue..more matches which will cause fatigue to players due to the addition of these teams

They would have to enter League 2 probably and Old Firm fans won't stand for not being in the top league for three years.
If they left the SPL would fall apart, and the Prem team as said abouve would never vote them into the Prem.
However I also believe thay will end up in England some point down the line, in twenty yeras or so.

They would have to enter League 2 probably and Old Firm fans won't stand for not being in the top league for three years.
If they left the SPL would fall apart, and the Prem team as said abouve would never vote them into the Prem.
However I also believe thay will end up in England some point down the line, in twenty yeras or so.

I hope not,that will casue millions of problems if it ever does happen

Meh, the debate arises every few months. It won't happen. The EPL's of too low a standard. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah it would open can of worms because teams like Hearts and Kilmarnock could start saying well we want to join the Championship and could spiral all the way down the leagues

no, kilmarnock will be happy they wouldnt be under threat of relegation, and hearts will be happy that they might be actually able to win something. the only thing that they won't be happy about is the amount of money they gain from old firm matches. last year teams were complaining about the amount of old firm games some of them got, because of the split system. if rangers and celtic leave, the spl with die

Last edited:
very bad idea that hopefully will never happen :)

i would love it if this happend, get the ******* in i say. Its obvious that Celtic and Rangers are lightyears above other SPL sides so i can only see this being a fair thing.

No just stay in your own fookin league, we don't want you.

i would love it if this happend, get the ******* in i say. Its obvious that Celtic and Rangers are lightyears above other SPL sides so i can only see this being a fair thing.

Yes but then Scottish football would be absolutely screwed with no financial backing and no fan base as most clubs only get a decent attendance against the old firm.

i dont want Celtic and rangers in the prem

but why are the best welsh teams still allowed to compete in english leagues now there is a league of Wales?

i dont want Celtic and rangers in the prem

but why are the best welsh teams still allowed to compete in english leagues now there is a league of Wales?

Because the difference is even greater.

Imagine Cardiff and Swansea. They'd pwn that league.

Yes but then Scottish football would be absolutely screwed with no financial backing and no fan base as most clubs only get a decent attendance against the old firm.

if cardiff, swansea and wrexham were forced to play in wales the the welsh premier would gain a larger fan base due to these massive clubs - works both ways

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Because the difference is even greater.

Imagine Cardiff and Swansea. They'd pwn that league.

because Celtic and Rangers don't own the SPL?!?!?

I wouldn't have a problem with restructuring the leagues to integrates English, Scottish and Welsh teams into one British league, but that isn't what's being discussed.

No, certainly not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back