Olympique de Marseille in 2030: The Story

lewie100

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I fancy starting a new story, since my Co-op ones are basically dead. This story will be a continuation of my Liverpool career, which spanned 15 years and I made myself a living legend there. But in April 2030, after winning the Barclays Premier League for the 13th time, I left. But not without a parting gift. I had to say goodbye to my son, who was born on September the 29th, 2013, and had trained with the Liverpool FC Academy since 2022, when he was 9. He is also named after his dad.

View attachment 237567

I have been trying to convince my son that OM is a great place, but he adores it at Liverpool, so I'll let him stay for a year, and see how he feels after that. Meanwhile, in OM, these last 6 months have flown by, it's Jan already!

My signings look like this:

View attachment 237566

Claudio - The unsung hero in Goals, he's a top ability GK, and wouldn't look out of place in a top top team.
Martínez - Oh my god. This guy is the new Messi, in more ways than one! (He's Argentine) He's clinical, is a team player and is very consistent. He is amazing.
Charles - The RW Hero. He's been very impressive, getting a stunning 9 goals and 9 assists in 13 games in Ligue 1.
Hancock - The Underdog. He came recently, and has been stunning, getting a goal and 3 assists in 2 games in Ligue 1.

In the league, I'm feeling very positive about our chances for the Ligue 1 title so far.

View attachment 237562

Yes, PSG may have the advantage, but I am very positive about the chances of PSG dropping points to 2 teams before the end of the season. The top 3 look like running away with the Champions League places.

Talking about Champions League, we qualified 1st in our very easy CL group, and who do we have to have? Only the toughest team who finished runners up, Manchester flaming City. One positive is that they are doing **** in the Barclays Premier League, 11th to be exact.

Well, this is the end of my intro, feel free to follow if you want to, but I'm not forcing you to! ;)

So far so good.

Can I get a look at the best players in OM 2031 ?

Will be following!

Lewie Jr. - "Avoid signing, too many doubts about this player" - gotta love that recommendation! :p

End of Season 1
(1
6 inc. LFC)

• Disappointment as we lose the league on the final day to PSG, and we also lose the French Cup final, also, to PSG.
    [*=center]Sparkling run to the UEFA Champions League Semi Finals, before bowing out 5-3 on agg. to Liverpool.

• [*=center]There is good news though, as we win the Coupe de la Ligue, and add that to the Supercup trophy from earlier on.
Competitions

View attachment 237303

Players over £10m, rated out of 10

Jesús Rodríguez - 6/10
Charles - 10/10
Julio Martínez - 9.5/10
Michal Van Dam - 7/10
Luis Ángel Quirarte - 7/10
Willem van Stee - 5.5/10
Cláudio - 8/10
Óscar Murillo - 7/10
Vitaliy Nakonechnyi - 8.5/10
Jamie Hancock - 8/10
Kévin Raymond - 3/10

Player of the Season Candidates

3. Vedran Simic

View attachment 237294

2. Julío Martinez

View attachment 237292

1. Charles

View attachment 237291

Player Stats

View attachment 237289

August

• [*=center]We record a Champions Trophy win vs PSG, with Vedran Simic scoring the only goal.
    [*=center]August started with us on fire, winning 3 out of 3 Ligue 1 games, but 2 draws at the end to poor teams cost us 1st spot
    [*=center]We find out our UEFA Champions League Group Stage opponents, who are Leverkusen, Basel and Rangers.

Ligue 1

View attachment 237093

Fixtures

View attachment 237090

Player of the Month

Charles

View attachment 237087

• [*=center]

September

• [*=center]​A frustrating draw to Nantes is the only bad result in Ligue 1, as we retain our position for now.
    [*=center]I record my 1,200th game vs Rangers in the CL, which turns out to be very disappointing.
    [*=center]We are 2nd in our CL group, with 2 vital games vs Basel (1st) coming up

Ligue 1

View attachment 236991

Fixtures

View attachment 236990

Player of the Month

Vedran Simic

View attachment 236989

How does Charles only have 4 caps for Brazil?! He looks amazing!

How does Charles only have 4 caps for Brazil?! He looks amazing!

He's got 6 now at this time, but he only started playing 20+ games in a season 4 seasons ago, so that may be why.

Bargain though, for £30 million!

November - Febuary

• [*=center]2 losses in all competitions, one is vs OL, one is vs Basel
    [*=center]We make it through in 1st by GD in our Champions League group, and get Ajax in the last 16
    [*=center]Julio Martínez is on fire!!!!!
    [*=center]Charles wins World Player of the Year and Golden Ball, and he just happens to pop up on the Overall World XI.
    [*=center]PSG show signs of faulter.
    [*=center]Lewie Roberts signs for OM for £20m

Fixtures

View attachment 236870

Ligue 1

View attachment 236869

Player of the Months

Julio Martínez

View attachment 236868

Last edited:
Febuary (Whole of Feb)

• [*=center]Rampant in all comps, including French Cup and Champions League
    [*=center]Win all games by at least 2 goals.
    [*=center]We go to the top of Ligue 1.

Ligue 1

View attachment 236860

Fixtures

View attachment 236859

Player of the Month

None, all were brilliant