Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants

View attachment 638872

May
We end the season fairly well.
We win 2 of our final 3 games.

May Fixtures

Olympique De Marsielle 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 358483
2 goals from our loan star 'Miguel Lopes' gave us a very good away win over 'Marsielle'. We were helped by the fact that 'Marsielle' had a player sent off just 6 minutes into the game.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 FC Lorient (Ligue 1)
View attachment 358482
A disappointing performance and result, losing at home to Lorient. Our shooting was really poor which let us down badly as we did create enough chances to at least get a point.

OGC Nice 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 358481
A very good result to end the season. It was a very even game, but our play in the final third was really good and we took our chances well.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 358480
We finish the season in 2nd place with 71 points, and only 2 points behind winners 'Olympique De Marsielle'. It was a strange Ligue 1 season though. Marsielle winning the league with only 73 points, and Montpellier getting relegated with 42 points. 42 points is usually enough for mid-table, and a side like Montpellier shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 358479
'Miguel Lopes' was our best player this month. The Portuguese right-back has had an amazing season with us, and I'll definitely be trying to make him a permanent member of our squad.

What To Expect In The Next Update
A review of this season, player stats, player awards etc.

View attachment 639685

Season Review
Overall it was a fairly good first season.
Finishing 2nd in the league was better than what I had expected.
Finishing bottom of our Champions League group was the obvious disappointment.
We didn't win any trophy's this season, but I didn't really expect to win any.

Ligue 1 Final Table

View attachment 358091
So as you know we came 2nd in the league with 71 points. Marsielle won the league with 73 points which is a pretty low total. AS Monaco only managed to come 10th, but did win the French cup so they will be in Europa League Next year.

Stats

View attachment 358090
Zlatan Ibrahimovic of 'PSG' was the leagues top goal scorer with 22. Our top league scorer was Yassine Benzia with 13.
Miguel Lopes had an average rating of 7.41 over the season which was our best, and the 2nd best in the league.
Cedric Barbosa of 'Evian TG FC' had the most league assists with 14. For us Miguel Lopes had the most assists in the league with 12.

Stars Team Of The Season

View attachment 358084
In the 'Stars Team Of The Season' we had 3 players making the XI & they were all defenders. Miguel Lopes, Bakary Kone & Henri Bedimo made the XI.

Ligue 1 Team Of The Season

View attachment 358083
We had 1 player in the 'Ligue 1 Team Of The Season'. It was left-back 'Henri Bedimo' who was consistently good throughout the campaign.
I don't know what the difference is between the 'Stars Team Of The Season' 7 the 'Ligue 1 Team Of The Season' though :S.

Player Of The Season

View attachment 358081 View attachment 358080
'Miguel Lopes' was our official player of the season & I can't argue with that. He's had a brilliant campaign. He's season was so good he's already in the clubs favoured personnel.

Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 358079
19 year old striker 'Yassine Benzia' was our young player of the year. He had an amazing season, scoring 13 league goals in 27 league appearances. In all competitions he had 17 goals in 37 appearances.

Olympique Lyonnais Best 11 Announced

View attachment 358077 View attachment 358076
Our best 11 has been announced, with 'Miguel Lopes' being noted as the best player overall.

French Trophy Winners
French Champions Trophy - Paris Saint-Germain
Coupe De La Ligue - LOSC Lille
French Cup - AS Monaco
Ligue 1 - Olympique De Marsielle

Continental Trophy Winners
Europa League - Ajax Amsestedam
Champions League - FC Barcelona

Pre-Season of our upcoming season.
New transfers, outgoing transfers, pre-season friendlies etc.

View attachment 640019

Pre-Season (2014-2015 )

A good pre-season.
We tour Norway & Sweden for our pre-season friendlies.
A few new signings.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Haugesund 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais

Lillestrom 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais

Aalesund 2-3 Olympique Lyonnais

Norrkoping 1-5 Olympique Lyonnais

Hacken 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais

Kalmar FF 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

A good pre-season for us as we win all our of our 6 fixtures in Norway & Sweden. Our opponents were not exactly the most challenging of teams so I expected to win all of the friendlies.

Transfer Budget / Season Expectations

View attachment 357936
I went with the option of 'Continental Qualification' just to be on the safe side. I have a transfer budget of £16mil.

Players In

View attachment 357934
Miguel Lopes (£8.5mil From Sporting Lisbon) - We bring our loan-star of last season in on a permanent deal. I didn't want to pay so much, but 'Sporting Lisbon' would not budge, and I had to pay his buy-out clause. I already know he will perform well after his brilliant year with us last season.

View attachment 357930
Mohamed Diame (£3.5mil From West Ham) - To bring in the strong central midfielder for only £3.5mil is a steal. He had a release clause in his contract and of course we activated it. Mohamed will come straight into the first team.

View attachment 357929
Benoit Costil (£Free From Stade De Rennais) - The highly rated keeper joins us on a free transfer. We saw his contract was running out at his previous club and brought him in. I was looking for a quality keeper and I am very happy with the signing of Benoit for free.

View attachment 357927
Maxwell (Free Agent) - The Brazilian veteran joins us on a free transfer to provide back up for the left-back position.

Transfer Centre

View attachment 357925
In terms of outgoings we let a lot of young players who were never going to make the grade leave on free transfers. The most notable departure was 'Mouhamadou Dabo' leaving to join Belgium giants 'RSC Anderlecht' for £4.1mil.

Facilities To Be Upgraded

View attachment 357921 View attachment 357920
Both our training facilities & our youth facilities are going to be upgraded, costing the club just over £10mil.

The start of the 2014-15 campaign.
Can we get off to a good start?
Will our new signings perform well?

View attachment 640257

August
The perfect start for us in the league.
Our new signings are playing well.
We were without 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' & 'Alexandre Lacazette' this month because of injury.
We are drawn in a very tough Champions League group.

August Fixtures

OGC Nice 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357838
A good performance away from home to get our campaign under-way. Both our goals came from defenders 'Miguel Lopes' & 'Bakary Kone'.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-2 Stade Lavallois MFC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357837
Newly promoted 'Stade Lavallois' put up a fight, but we managed to come away with a deserved win in the end. Young striker 'Yassine Benzia' got 2 of our goals.

Valenciennes FC 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357836
We were brilliant in the first half and went into the break 2-0 up. In the 2nd half our opponents improved and we had to work hard to keep our lead intact. We won 2-1 in the end.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 FC Nantes (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357835
A brilliant hat-trick from 'Yassine Benzia' gave us a good 3-1 win over 'FC Nantes'.

Girondins Bordeaux 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)

View attachment 357834
A brilliant performance as we come away with a 3-0 win over a strong 'Bordeaux' side.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 357833
We are 2 points clear at the top of the league after 5 games, and are the only team to have won our first 5 fixtures. PSG, Monaco & Marsielle have all had indifferent starts to the campaign and find themselves in mid-table. It's very early though, so I won't be getting carried away.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 357831 View attachment 357830
'Yassine Benzia' was our best player this month & he also won the Ligue 1 player of the month award. The striker scored a very impressive 5 goals in 5 games.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 357827
A very tough group. We are drawn against Man Utd, Galatasaray & Spartak Moscow. I have no idea what to expect. 'Man Utd' are clearly the strongest side in the group, but I have a surprisingly good record against them so I'm not sure what will happen in our fixtures against them. 'Galatasaray' & 'Spartak Moscow' have squads of similar ability to ours so we will be in for tough games against them.

Can we keep up our great start to the season?

View attachment 641457

September
We continue our great start to the season.

September

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 Angers SCO (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357301
Newly promoted 'Angers SCO' made us work hard for our victory. A brace from 'Bafetimbi Gomis' sent us 2-0 up, but our opponents got a goal back. We were the stronger side throughout, but our opponents looked dangerous on the break.

Spartak Moscow 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 357300
We come away with a good point in Russia, after playing out a fairly even game against 'Spartak Moscow'.

Toulouse FC 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357299
A draw away to Toulouse is not a bad result, although I did expect to take all 3 points as our opponents have got off to a fairly poor start to the season.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 Stade De Remis (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357298
We get the win we wanted in the end. Thing's didn't start off very well as we went behind, but we improved and scored 2 goals to win the game 2-1.

AJ Ajaccio 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 357297
A good performance here winning 3-1 away to 'Ajaccio' 'Veteran midfielder 'Steed Malbranque' scored 2 of our goals.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 357296
We are 5 points clear at the top of the league after our brilliant start to the campaign. The teams I had expected to be challenging for the title are nowhere to be seen which comes as a huge shock.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 357295
Striker 'Bafetimbi Gomis' had a good month, scoring 3 goals. While there was no stand-out brilliant player, nearly everyone had a good month.

Will our amazing run of form continue?
We have a few difficult games next month, including matches against 'Man Utd' & 'PSG'.

View attachment 643144

October
Almost a perfect month.
We record a couple of really good wins.
We do however lose our first game of the season.

October Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 Galatasaray (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 356565
A good win over the Turkish giants. A brace from striker 'Bafetimbi Gomis' helps us to victory.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Stade Rennais FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356564
A wonder goal from captain 'Maxime Gonalons' gives us an important win over 'Stade Rennais' who have also had a good start to the season.

AS Saint-Etienne 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356563
A good win against our fierce rivals in the Rhone derby.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-2 Manchester United (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 356562
A brilliant win here. Midfielder 'Mohamed Diame' scored his first goal for the club in this great result.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 LOSC Lille (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356561
A good performance over a strong 'Lille' side. Goals from 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' & Bafetimbi Gomis' gave us our victory.

Paris Saint-Germain 4-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356560
PSG smash us in Paris as we record our first victory of the season. We were poor in every department, and have to bounce back from this.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 356559
We are 7 points clear at the top of the league with about a third of the season gone. We have played a game more than most other sides so our lead could be cut down to 4 points depending on results.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 356554
Right-Back 'Miguel Lopes was our best player this month, putting in some strong defensive performances & scoring 2 goals.

What To Expect In The Next update

Can we bounce back from the thrashing PSG gave us, or is this the end of our brilliant run?

View attachment 643456

November
A tough set of fixtures, but we do well.
I'm surprised at how well were doing so far this season.

November Fixtures

Manchester United 3-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 356436
We were easily beaten by Man Utd at Old Trafford. 'Javier Hernandez' ran rings around my defence. I didn't expect anything out of this game though, so I can't be too disappointed.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-2 AS Nancy Lorraine (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356435
Back to winning ways with a 4-2 win over 'AS Nancy Lorraine'. Goals came in two's in this game. Both 'Miguel Lopes' & 'Bafetimbi Gomis' scored 2 goals each, while the opposition striker scored a brace to give his side 2 goals.

AS Monaco 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356434
We come away with a point in what was a very even game against Monaco. Despite the fact Monaco are really struggling so far this season, I am fine with the draw.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Spartak Moscow (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 356433
A good performance against the Russian giants. Defender 'Samuel Umtiti' with the winner as we qualify to the knock-out rounds of the Champions League with a game remaining.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 Olympique De Marsielle (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356432
A very good performance as we get a 3-1 win over rivals 'Marsielle'. 'Bafetimbi Gomis' manages to score a brace for the 2nd time this month.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 356430
We are an amazing 10 points clear of 2nd placed PSG. I never expected to be doing so well. Both 'AS Monaco' & 'PSG' have spent over £100mil & 'Marsielle' have spent a fair amount and yet we are well clear of them.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 356429
'Bafetimbi Gomis' was our best player this month. The striker has played very well scoring 4 goals this month.

How much longer can we keep up our amazing run of form?

View attachment 644087

December

Our good form dies
:(
We struggle in the league this month.

December Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Evian TG FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356159
A disappointing draw at home to a mid-table side. We were the better side, and created some good chances but struggled to put them away.

Galatasaray 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 356158
A good win over the Turkish giants. We went behind very early in the game, and didn't play very well during the first half. We scored 3 goals in the final 20 minutes of the game to give us a 3-1 victory.

SC Bastia 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356157
An awful performance. When we took the lead in the 2nd minute I thought we were going to have a good game, but we failed to perform and record a very disappointing loss.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 AS Saint-Etienne (Coupe De La Ligue 4th Round)
View attachment 356156
Another really poor performance and result. We are kicked out of the 'Coupe De La Ligue' by our fierce rivals. What made the defeat even more disappointing was that we had an extra man for about 60% of the match and still didn't do much.

Stade Lavallois MFC 2-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356153
Back to winning ways, but we almost done the unthinkable and threw away a 2-0 lead against a relegation threatened side with 10 men. We end up winning 3-2.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 356152
We are 8 points clear at the top of the league at the half-way stage in the season. We've been brilliant up until this month. We need to play like how we did prior to this month if we are to keep our great position in the league.

Our Champions League Group Table

View attachment 356151
We've done well & finish 2nd in our group & have Champions League football to look forward to after the winter break. Finishing 2nd obviously means we are unlikely to get a favourable draw, but we can hope.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 356150
Central defender 'Samuel Umtiti' was our best player this month. He's played fairly well in defence and managed to score 2 goals.

Can we get our good form back?
Will there be any new signings? We don't have much money, but I do have a few targets.

How poor are Monaco doing!? Great story though mate KIU

View attachment 644235

January

A fairly poor month.
Our great start to the season really has fizzled out.
We bring in 1 new player. No permanent outgoings.

New Signings

View attachment 356083
Joshua Guilavogui (£3.3mil From Athletico Madrid) - We bring in 24 year old defensive midfielder 'Joshua Guilavougi' to give us extra options in midfield. He's fairly versatile & can also play in central defence & central midfield.

Transfer Centre

View attachment 356080
No permanent outgoings, just a few young players going out on loan.

January Fixtures

Rodez Aveyron Football 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 9th Round)
View attachment 356079
We get past our much weaker opponents to advance in the 'French Cup' but I had expected to record a much more comfortable win.

Olympique Lyonnais 5-0 FC Lorient (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356077
What a performance! We smash an overachieving 'FC Lorient' side who are challenging for a champions league spot. Central midfielder 'Clement Grenier' had an amazing game and scored a hat-trick.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Paris Saint-Germain (French Cup 10th Round)
View attachment 356076
PSG kick us out of the 'French Cup'. We could do nothing to stop 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic' from scoring the winner.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Valenciennes FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356074
A very poor performance. We couldn't even register a shot on target. Our opponents didn't threaten much either and a dull 0-0 was about right.

FC Nantes 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356072
More points dropped to a poor side as we lose to struggling 'FC Nantes'. If we keep this poor form up it won't be long before we throw away our position at the top of the league.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 Girondins Bordeaux (Ligue 1)
View attachment 356069
A draw with 'Bordeaux' isn't the worst result in the world but I'm still a bit disappointed with only a point. We had enough good chances to win the game but failed to take them.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 356067
After a poor month, our lead at the top of the table is cut down to 5 points. Both 'Stade Rennais FC' & 'Lorient FC' are on good form and are both 5 points behind us. We really need to improve otherwise we will be caught up in the near future.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 356063
Central midfielder 'Clement Grenier' was our best player this month. He is the only one who had an impressive month.

Will our form improve?
How will new signing 'Joshua Guilavougi' perform?
We have Arsenal in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round. How will we fare?

View attachment 644700

February
We have a better month.
We didn't face any of the top teams in the league this month.

Angers SCO 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355876
2 late goals from 'Samuel Umtiti' & 'Yassine Benzia' give us a deserved 2-0 over 'Angers SCO'.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 Toulouse FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355875
A good performance as we comfortably beat 'Toulouse FC'.

Stade De Remis 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355874
Very disappointing to lose to a relegation threatened side, especially after taking the lead early on.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Arsenal (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)

View attachment 355872
A very good performance. We do well to beat Arsenal, while also limiting them to just 1 shot on target. Still we will need to be on top of our game to get through the 2nd leg.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 AJ Ajaccio (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355868
A brace from 'Yassine Benzia' helps us to achieve a 3-1 win over 'AJ Ajaccio'.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 355863
We are 7 points clear at the top of the league. 2nd placed 'FC Lorient' are looking really strong for some reason, and we'll have to perform well in the final months of the season to keep our position at the top.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 355856
'Yassine Benzia' was our best player this month. The striker has performed very well scoring 5 goals this month.

Our youth intake.
Last year we had an amazing youth intake. Will we have another one?

View attachment 644753

Youth Intake

View attachment 355850
It was an average youth intake. We have one very good prospect & about 4 others who may make the grade with the right training.

Best Youth

View attachment 355848
Jose Carlos Bastida - The Spanish central defender was our best prospect, and he looks like he could become a very good player in the future with the right training. I will get him a tutor with high determination & hopefully we will see him develop well.

The month of March.
A few tricky fixtures in the league.
Do we get past Arsenal in the Champions League?

Used to love Lyon back when they had one of my favourite fm players Sonny Anderson! KIU

View attachment 645279

March
Mixed fortunes in the league.
We got past Arsenal in the Champions League.

March Fixtures

Stade Rennais FC 2-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355609
A 2-2 draw at 'Stade Rennais' is a decent result considering they are currently 3rd in the table.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 AS Saint-Etienne (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355608
We come away with a really impressive victory in the Rhone derby. 'Yassine Benzia' who is in great form at the moment scored a brace.

Arsenal 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League First Knockout Round / Second Leg)
We win 1-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 355607
We manage to get past Arsenal with a 1-0 aggregate victory after holding out for a goalless draw at the Emirates Stadium.

LOSC Lille 4-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355606
Really disappointing. I knew we were not favourites to win this game, but the performance here was just awful. Our defence didn't seem to know what to do.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 355605
8 games to go and 8 points clear at the top. Considering what the remaining fixture list looks like for us I'm still not confident of winning the league yet which may be surprising to hear.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 355604
'Yassine Benzia' was our best player this month. The striker has continued his fine form and is our player of the month for the 2nd month in a row.

PSG, Man Utd twice, Monaco & Marsielle. This won't be pretty.

View attachment 646406

April
An awful month.
By far my worst month at the club
:(.
We look to be throwing away the title.

April Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 3-2 Paris Saint-Germain (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355104
The month actually started off well with a deserved 3-2 win over 'PSG'. We probably should have won by a larger margain.

Manchester United 3-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Quarter Finals / 1st Leg)
View attachment 355104
We are definitely going out of the Champions League as we won't turn around a 3-0 defeat to a side like Man Utd. We done well to get this far in all honesty.

AS Nancy Lorraine 3-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355103
This was supposed to be our only easy game this month on paper, and we completely ****** up. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-4 Manchester United (Champions League Quarter Finals / 2nd Leg)
Man Utd win 7-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 355102
This was never going to be pretty after we got a man sent off literally straight after kick-off. We played almost 90 minutes with 10 men so it's no surprise 'Man Utd' smash us. We lose 7-0 on aggregate which is pretty embarrassing.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 AS Monaco (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355101
While a draw against 'Monaco' who I usually struggle against shouldn't be considered a bad result, it didn't help us. We really needed the win as the title chasers are closing in on us.

Olympique De Marsielle 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 355100
Again, a draw at 'Marsielle' is usually a good result it didn't help us as title chasing 'FC Lorient' have closed the gap even further.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 355099
With just 4 games left in the league we are 3 points clear of 'FC Lorient' who have surprised everyone with their title challenge.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 355098
Really!?! Did you actually think someone was going to be awarded player of the month after those performances??

A very nervy final 4 games.
Do we win the title or so we spectacularly **** things up?

View attachment 648114

May
A very nervy month.
It was very close in the end.

May Fixtures

Evian TG FC 3-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 354388
Another defeat :(. We were really poor out there today. We can't afford to lose another game.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 SC Bastia (Ligue 1)
View attachment 354387
Finally something to cheer about. A good performance & a good 3-0 win over 'SC Bastia'.

FC Lorient 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 354386
The most important game of our season. It was very tense, every time they had an attack I was fearing the worst, but we came away with that invaluable victory. We just need to avoid a heavy defeat in our final game and the league is ours.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-2 OGC Nice (Ligue 1)
View attachment 354385
A draw in our final league match wins us the league. I though we would win this game after going 2-0 up early in the 2nd half, but our opponents fought back to get a 2-2 draw.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 354384
We win the league by 1. 'FC Lorient' shocked everyone by putting up a title challenge and coming 2nd. 'Olympique De Marsielle' who won the league last year had an awful season this year finishing 9th, which resulted in their manager getting the sack.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 354383
'Clement Grenier' was our best player this month. He pulled the strings in midfield, and is definitely a candidate for player of the year.

A review of this season, player stats, player awards etc.

View attachment 653298

Season Review
Overall it was a good season, despite our poor form in the final couple of months.
We won the Ligue 1, my first trophy at the club.
We got to the Champions League quarter finals which was good.

Ligue 1 Final Table

View attachment 352064
So as you know we won the league by a point with 75 points in the end. 'FC Lorient' came 2nd which was a shock. 'Marsielle' only managed a 9th place finish after their poor season.

Stats

View attachment 352060
'Nelson Oliveria' of 'Stade Rennais FC' was the leagues top scored with 22 goals. Out top league scorer was 'Yassine Benzia' 19.
'Clement Grenier' had an average rating of 7.49 over the season, and 'Miguel Lopes' had an average of 7.26, which was the 2nd and 3rd best in the league.
'Jean-Landry Bassilekin' of 'AS Nancy Lorraine' had the leagues most assists with 16. For us 'Clement Grenier' had the most assists in the league with 12.

Stars Team Of The Season

View attachment 352057 View attachment 352056
We had 3 players in the stars team of the season Miguel Lopes, Henri Bedimo' & Clement Grenier.
Clement Grenier was voted as the Ligue 1 star of the season.

Ligue 1 Team Of The Season

View attachment 352054 View attachment 352055
We had 2 players in the 'Ligue 1 Team Of The Season'. Right-back 'Miguel Lopes & central midfielder 'Clement Grenier' were our 2 players.
Clement Grenier was also voted as the Ligue 1 player of the season.

Player Of The Season

View attachment 352053 View attachment 352052
'Clement Grenier' was voted as our player of the season, and I would definitely agree with that. The midfielder has been amazing this campaign.

Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 352051
'Yassine Benzia' was our best young player this season. He had another amazing season scoring 19 league goals in 33 league appearances. In all competitions he had 20 goals in 41 appearances.

I was Voted Manager Of The Season

View attachment 352044
After winning the Ligue 1 I was voted as manager of the season.

Olympique Lyonnais Best 11 Announced

View attachment 352047 View attachment 352045
Our best 11 has been announced, with 'Clement Grenier' being noted as the best player overall.

French Trophy Winners
French Champions Trophy - AS Monaco
Coupe De La Ligue - Olympique De Marsielle
French Cup - LE MANS FC
Ligue 1 - Olympique Lyonnais

Continental Trophy Winners

Europa League - Athletico Madrid
Champions League - Manchester United (Not with David Moyes, but with Diego Simeone)

Pre-Season for our upcoming season.
New transfers, outgoing transfers, friendlies etc.

View attachment 653783

Pre-Season (2015-2016)

A good pre-season.
We tour Denmark & Finland for our pre-season friendlies.
A fair amount of activity in the transfer window.

Pre-Season Fixtures

AC Horsens 1-5 Olympique Lyonnais

HB Koge 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

Lyngby 1-6 Olympique Lyonnais

Honka 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

ROPS 2-3 Olympique Lyonnais

TPS 0-4 Olympique Lyonnais

A good pre-season for us as we win all our of our 6 fixtures in Denmark & Finland. Our opponents were not exactly the most challenging of teams so I expected to win all of the friendlies.

Transfer Budget / Season Expectations

View attachment 351844
The minimum expectations were to challenge for the title & as a result I was given a transfer budget of £19mil.

Players In

View attachment 351843
El-Hadji Diop (£1.5mil From Montpellier HSC) - He's a player my DOF signed. With the right training I think he can be a good player in the future.

View attachment 351842
Mory Kone (£3.9mil From Parma ) - We bring in the 21 year old central defender for just under 4mil. We battled with 'Marsielle' to sign him. He will mainly be used as a rotation player this season, but in future I can see him becoming a main player in my starting XI.

View attachment 351841
Marvin Martin (£7mil From LOSC Lille) - We bring in attacking midfielder 'Marvin Martin' from Lille for £7mil. He will go straight into the first team.

View attachment 351840
Kevin Constant (£4.6mil From AC Milan) - We bring in the attacking full-back from AC Milan. He will battle for the left-back position with the 'Henri Bedimo'.

View attachment 351839
Slobodan Medojevic (£3.7mil From Wolfsburg) - We bring in the versatile defensive midfielder, who can play comfortably in a variety of positions. He will provide good cover for us, and will most likely get a fair amount of playing time.

Transfer Centre

View attachment 351838
A lot of players leave on loan, and a few players leave permanently.
The most notable departure is 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' joining German side 'Schalke' for a fee of £6mil. He only managed 1 goal last season despite playing 29 games, so I'm happy to get so much for him.

We play in the 'French Champions Trophy'. Can I pick up more silverware?
Do we get off to a good start in the league?
How do our new signings play?

View attachment 654859

August
We start the new season very well.
We add another trophy (French Champions Trophy) to the cabinet.

August Fixtures

LE MANS FC 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Champions Trophy)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 351374
A perfect way to start the season. We win the French Champions Trophy after a comfortable 2-0 win over 'Le Mans' Our opponents had caused a shock by winning the 'French Cup' last season, but we were not going to let them cause a shock against us.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 Olympique De Marsielle (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351373
A brilliant performance & win as we record a 3-0 win over one of our fierce competitive rivals.

Toulouse FC 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351372
We record the win away at Toulouse which we wanted. It was a fairly even game though.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Angers SCO (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351371
Disappointment as we can only manage a home draw against a team expected to be battling against relegation.

AS Nancy Lorraine 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351369
A hat-trick from 'Yassine Benzia' gives us a 3-0 win over 'Nancy Lorraine'.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 AS Saint-Etienne (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351368
We triumph in the Rhone derby against our fierce rivals. It didn't look like we were going to record the win we deserved, but we scored 2 late goals to take the victory.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 351367
After 5 games we are 3 points clear at the top of the table. It's early days though so a lot can & will change.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 351365
Striker 'Yassine Benzia' has had a great month, scoring 5 goals in 5 games.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 351364
A tricky group. Chelsea should easily win the group, while we will battle with 'Dynamo Kiev' for 2nd place. Hungarian side 'Videoton' will be hoping to keep results respectable against the rest of us.

Will our good start to the campaign continue?