Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants

View attachment 655497

September
Our fine start to the season continued, until we faced Chelsea...

September Fixtures

Valenciennes FC 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351095
A goal from 'Yohan Gourcuff' just after half-time gives us the win we came here for.

Videoton 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 351094
Very happy because 16 year old striker 'David Thomas' scored his first professional goal. He's the wonderkid that came through my academy in the first season. I'm very sure you will hear a lot more about him in the very near future.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-0 FC Sochaux-Montbe (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351093
A really good performance as we smash 'Schoaux-Montbe' 4-0. Forward 'Alexandre Lacazette' managed to score a brace.

ESTAC Troyes 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351092
A late goal from 'Clement Grenier' gives us the 3 points we came here for.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Stade Rennais FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351091
Overall a pretty dull game which would have probably bored the fans. We do get the win in the end which is all that matters.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-4 Chelsea (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 351090
Chelsea showed us that there is still a huge difference in quality between the top sides in France & the top sides in England.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 351089
We are 6 points clear at the top, but it's still very early days. 'SC Basta' have shocked everyone with their start and are in 2nd place, with PSG in 3rd.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 351088
'Miguel Lopes' was our best player this month. He was very solid in defence.

What To Expect In The Next Update

Does the heavy loss to Chelsea spell the end of our great start to the season?

View attachment 655670

October
The heavy defeat to Chelsea really looks to have rattled us.
It was a fairly poor month.

October Fixtures

Montpellier HSC 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351007
Despite taking an early lead we were unable to progress in this game and ended up losing 2-1. 'Remy Cabella' who i was interested in signing during the summer had a good game against us.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 OGC Nice (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351005
A goal from 'Clement Grenier' half-way through the first half sealed our victory over 'Nice'.

Dynamo Kiev 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 351004
A fairly rough tackling 'Dynamo Kiev' side managed to beat us, while also injuring 2 of our key players. 'Miguel Lopes' & 'Clement Grenier' both picked up injuries, but fortunately none were long term.

FC Nantes 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351003
Struggling 'FC Nantes' manage to beat us and drag themselves our of the relegation zone. It seems to be a common theme, when we play away to smaller sides we take the lead, and then go behind. Might have to tweak a few things tactically.

SC Bastia 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 351002
This time it was us who came back from a goal down. We absolutely dominated and if we had taken all our chances we would had won by a landslide.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 351001
We are still top by 6 points, but it means nothing to me right now. PSG have a game in hand & then their next fixture after is us at their ground. We could be behind them on goal difference in the next few days.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 351000
Attacking midfielder 'Marvin Martin' was our best player this month. He put in some good performances and was our most creative player.

Will we have a positive November?

View attachment 656202

November
A better month.
This was was actually our last month in our current stadium 'Stade De Garland'.
We will be moving into a new 60,000 seater stadium called 'Stade Des Lumieres' (Meaning 'Stadium Of Light')

November Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Dynamo Kiev (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 350782
It was one of those games that make some people question FM. We absolutely dominated, had 3 goals disallowed, had numerous clear cut chances & yet we lose by conceding a fluke goal :mad:.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-2 Girondins Bordeaux (Ligue 1)
View attachment 350775
It was the 'Bafetimbi Gomis' show, as our striker scored all 4 of our goals to give us a deserved win.

LOSC Lille 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 350774
We come back from a goal down to earn a good 2-1 win over a strong 'Lille' side.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 Videoton (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 350773
'Mohamed Yattara' scored a hat-trick to give us the 3 points against our Hungarian opponents.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 AS Monaco (Ligue 1)

View attachment 350772
I always struggle against 'Monaco' so a bore draw is no real surprise.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 350771
Already it's looking like a 2 horse race between ourselves & PSG. I would definitely consider 'PSG' the favourites to go on and win the title though.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 350770
'Bafetimbi Gomis' who scored 4 goals in 1 match against 'Bordeaux' was probably our best player this month because of that performance.

We move into our new stadium.
I have a history of doing very poor after a stadium move, so I'm a bit worried.

View attachment 657343

December
An awful month.
My history of doing bad after moving to a new stadium continues.
Injuries galore as well which made this month even more annoying
:(.

Stadium Move

View attachment 350284
So we complete our move to the 58,000 seater 'Stade Des Lumieres (translated as 'Stadium Of Light').

View attachment 350280 View attachment 350278
This is what the new stadium is supposed to look like when it's complete, or according to the images I could find on google...

December Fixtures

Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 350274
After this defeat 'PSG' overtook us in the league on goal difference. We were unlucky to lose, with 'PSG' scoring their only 2 shots on target.

FC Lorient 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 350269
A good win for us against the side who finished 2nd last season. Young defender 'Jean-Francois Charles' scored his first ever goal.

Chelsea 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
View attachment 350266
We do well to hold 'Chelsea' to a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-2 Toulouse FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 350263
Very disappointing as we lose at home to 'Toulouse' despite taking an early lead. We so often lose games which we take early leads in. It definitely seems like complacency on behalf of my side.

SC Bastia 2-2 Olynpique Lyonnais (Coupe De La Ligue 4th Round)
We win 9-8 on penalties.

View attachment 350262
We dominated the game, but failed to take our chances, and it ended up going to penalties. We ended up winning 9-8 but I still wasn't happy.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-2 AS Nancy Lorraine (Ligue 1)
View attachment 350260
FOR ***** SAKE! Losing at home to a side in the relegation zone is nothing short of embarrassing.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 350257
After our poor month, and 'PSG' winning every game this month, we drop to 2nd and are 7 points behind 'PSG' although we do still have a game in hand. I honestly believe the title will end up in 'PSG's hands even though there's still half of the season left.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 350256
As if anyone was going to get a player of the month award after the pile of **** the team served up this month.

A much better month hopefully.
There wont be any new signings as I have no money to spend right now.

View attachment 657972

January
A really good month.
The only negative was 'PSG' also had a really good month.
Wonderkid 'David Thomas' is progressing so well.

January Fixtures

Vesoul HS 0-8 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 9th Round)
View attachment 350002
We smash minnows 'Vesoul' 8-0 to progress to the next round of the French Cup.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-0 AC Ajaccio (Coupe De La Ligue Quarter Finals)
View attachment 350000
A good performance as we smash 'Ajaccio' 4-0. All 4 goals came in the space of 5 minutes.

FC Nantes 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 10th Round)
View attachment 349999
A 2-0 win gets us past 'Nantes' in the French Cup.

AS Saint Etienne 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349998
We were held to a 1-1 draw by 'Saint-Etienne' in the Rhone derby. Our wonderkid striker 'David Thomas' scored our goal.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 Valenciennes FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349997
A very good performance. Wonderkid 'David Thomas' was on the score-sheet for the 2nd match in a row.

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349996
We get a good 3-1 win which I had expected.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 349993
We are still 2nd, but now 12 points behind 'PSG'. We do still have 2 games in hand, and can reduce the gap to 6 points.

Champions League Group Stage

View attachment 349992
I forgot to show the group stage of the champions league last month. We ended up finishing 3rd after we lost twice to 'Dynamo Kiev'. Hopefully we can go on a long run in the Europa League.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 349991
'Mohamed Diame' was our best player this month. He has been dominant in midfield recently.

Development Of Wonderkid 'David Thomas'

View attachment 349990March 2014 View attachment 349989January 2016
'David Thomas' has progressed so much in less than 2 years. I really believe David will be one of the best players in the world in in the future, and could even be up there with the best regens ever (Aitor Herrera, Cristian Alonso). 'David' came through my youth intake in my first season. Next year he may well be the first choice striker, partnering either 'Yassine Benzia or 'Alexandre Lacazette'.

Any chance we can close the gap on 'PSG'?
We play Southampton in the Europa League.

View attachment 658962

February
Very inconsistent this month.
A busy month with 8 fixtures.

February Fixtures

Olympique De Marsielle 2-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Coupe De La Ligue Semi Finals)
View attachment 349584
'Olympique De Marsielle' kick us out of the 'Coupe De La Ligue' and will play 'PSG' in the finals.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 ESTAC Troyes (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349583
We score 2 late goals to give us a 2-1 win over 'Troyes' although I wasn't very convinced by our performance.

Angers SCO 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349582
Very disappointed to only get a draw against a struggling side. We were very poor and could consider ourselves lucky to even get a draw.

Stade Rennais FC 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349580
It happens all too often. We take an early lead and end up losing 2-1. It's about the 5 time it's happened this season.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 Southampton (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 349578
A 3-1 win is a good start for us against what is a strong Southampton side. Unless we see a complete implosion in the away leg, we'll get through to the next round.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Montpellier HSC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349577
Very ****** off, but more with the referee than my team. The decision to give 'Montpellier' was an absolute joke of a decision.

Southampton 1-5 Olympique Lyonnais (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / Second Leg)
We win 8-2 on aggregate.
View attachment 349575
Our best performance of the season as we destroy 'Southampton' in the 2nd leg and win 8-2 on aggregate. I had expected this to be a tough tie to get through, but it was anything but tough.

OGC Nice 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349572
Goals from 'Mory Kone' & 'Alexandre Lacazette' give us a 2-0 win over 'OGC Nice'.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 349569
PSG have ran away with the league now and are an amazing 17 points clear of us in 2nd place. They haven't lost a game in any competition since September, and haven't dropped any points in any competition since October.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 349566
Forward 'Alexandre Lacazette' was our best player this month.

Our youth intake. Will we have any wonderkids this year?

Good job mate! really good story to follow! have a look at my first attempt "Italian for Domination"

View attachment 659040

Youth Intake

View attachment 349547
Not a good youth intake :(. Only 1 player looks like having a chance of making it for us.

Best Youth

View attachment 349546
Mike Julienne - The defender was the best player to come out of this years youth intake. Weather he will be good enough to make it for us, only time will tell.

The month of March, which will be another busy month.

View attachment 659533

March
Another really mixed month.

March Fixtures

AJ Ajaccio 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 11th Round)
View attachment 349328
2 goals just before half-time gave us a 2-0 win over 'AJ Ajaccio' and put us into the quarter finals of the French Cup.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 FC Nantes (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349325
A poor draw against a struggling Nantes side.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Bayern Leverkusen (Europa League 2nd Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 349324
We were dominant, but could only take a 1-0 lead into the game in Germany. It's going to be a very tough 2nd leg.

Evian TG FC 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349323
A very poor performance as we lose to struggling 'Evian'.

Bayern Leverkusen 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Europa League 2nd Knockout Round / Second Leg)
Bayern Leverkusen win 4-3 on penalties.
View attachment 349323
The red card near the end of the first half cost us really badly, as up until then we were in control. With a man less we started to struggle, and couldn't do enough to get through and were knocked out on penalties.

Olympique Lyonnais 5-1 Paris Saint-Germain (French Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 349321
This was our best performance of my reign so far. We smashed 'PSG' to inflict their first defeat in about 6 months. 'Clement Grenier' & 'Alexandre Lacazette' both managed to score a brace each.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 SC Bastia (Ligue 1)
View attachment 349318
We completely dominated 'SC Bastia' and should have won by more than just 1 goal, but in the end a win is all that matters.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 349317
'PSG' only need 1 more win to confirm they are champions, and there's still 2 months of the season left. We will be battling it out with 'Marsielle' for 2nd place, although we look more likely to take 2nd place.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 349309
'Clement Grenier' was our best player this month.

What To Expect In The Next Month
April is going to be a pretty busy month with 7 fixtures.

View attachment 660434

April
A very good month. Just a shame we didn't play like this all season.

April Fixtures

Girondins Bordeaux 1-4 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 348922
This was the 'Alexandre Lacazette' show. The forward scored all 4 of our goals as we ran out 4-1 winners against 'Bordeaux'.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 Evian TG FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 348921
A good performance as we comfortably beat struggling 'Evian' 3-0. Wonderkid striker 'David Thomas' scored one of the goals of the season.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 LOSC Lille (Ligue 1)
View attachment 348920
A very good performance. We were completely dominant against a good 'Lille' side.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Olympique De Marsielle [After Extra Time] (French Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 348919
We get the win which puts us into the 'French Cup' finals. We did lack discipline though, as we were reduced to 9 men. We had 2 players sent off in extra time, but our 9 men still managed to grab the win.

AS Monaco 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 348917
Finally I manage to beat Monaco. They are definitely the side I dislike playing the most in this years FM.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Paris Saint-Germain (Ligue 1)
View attachment 348916
'PSG' who have had the league in the bag for a while now beat us 1-0.

SC Bastia 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup Finals)****************FINALS*****************
View attachment 348915
We win our 2nd trophy of the season, and the 3rd under my reign. We end up winning 2-0. We deserved the win although it wasn't an easy game for us. 'Bastia' were fairly threatening on the counter attack.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 348913
Well PSG were guaranteed the league quite a while ago. We are guaranteed 2nd place now, which means the final games don't really mean much.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 348907 View attachment 348906
'Alexandre Lacazette' was our best player this month, and he was also voted as the Ligue 1 player of the month.

The final 2 games of the season.

View attachment 661364

May
We win the last 2 games of the season.

May Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 FC Lorient (Ligue 1)
View attachment 348495
A comfortable win over FC Lorient. Wonderkid 'David Thomas' on the score-sheet. He looks like being the first choice to partner 'Alexandre Lacazette' next year, as 'Yassine Benzia' has been off form for about 6 months..

Olympique De Marsielle 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 348494
We came from behind to beat 'Marsielle' 2-1. 'Alexandre Lacazette' missed a penalty late on though..

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 348493
'PSG' ran away with the league this year. And they should do, considering they have spent nearly 300mil in 3 seasons. We came 2nd, with 'Marsielle' coming 3rd.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 348488
Miguel Lopes was our best player this month, although everyone played well enough in our final 2 games.

A review of this season.

************************ OK guys, I'm in pre-season and I've just been offered the job as Holland manager. Should I accept it and manage both Holland & Lyon or just stick to Lyon only? *************************************************

its your choice..i would reject but its your story :D

View attachment 664224

Season Review
A good season overall.
We manage to win 2 trophies.

Ligue 1 Final Table

View attachment 347138
We ended up coming 2nd, behind 'PSG' who ended up running away with the league. We were well clear of 3rd placed 'Marsielle'.

Stats

View attachment 347137
Jordan Ayew of 'Lille' was the leagues top scorer with 20 goals. Our top league scorer was 'Alexandre Lacazette' with 15.
Remy Cabella of 'Montpellier' had the best average rating in the league with 7.33. We didn't have any players in the top 4 ratings.
Remy Cabella or 'Montpellier' had the most assists in the league with 17. Our 'Marvin Martin' had 13 which was the 2nd most in the league.

Stars Team Of The Season

View attachment 347136
We had 1 player in the 'Stars Team Of The Season' and that was 'Clement Grenier'.

Ligue 1 Team Of The Season

View attachment 347135
Clement Grenier was our only player named in the 'Team Of The Season'.

Player Of The Season

View attachment 347133 View attachment 347132
Central Defender 'Mory Kone' was voted our player of the season. I'm not too sure I agree with that. I probably would have given it to 'Alexandre Lacazette', but he's who the fans have chosen.

Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 347131
17 year old 'Jean-Francois Christie' broke onto the scene in the 2nd part of the season, and was very impressive. It was tight between him and fellow wonderkid 'David Thomas'.

Olympique Lyonnais Best 11 Announced

View attachment 347130 View attachment 347129
Our best 11 has been announced and 'Clement Grenier' was voted as the star player.

French Trophy Winners

French Champions Trophy - Olympique Lyonnais
Coupe De La Ligue - Paris Saint-Garmain
French Cup - Olympique Lyonnais
Ligue 1 - Paris Saint-Germain

Continental Trophy Winners

Europa League - AS Monaco
Champions League - Chelsea

Pre-Season for the upcoming season.
New transfers, outgoing transfers, friendlies etc.

After a break from FM I'll be back on this save. I have about 6 months worth of updates to post aswell :).

Expect to see a couple of updates this evening.

View attachment 338233

Pre-Season (2016-2017)
A good pre-season.
We stayed in France for our pre-season fixtures.
A few signings, including a few well known names.
I reject the chance to become the manager of Holland.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Dijon FCO 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais

Amiens SC 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

FC Istres OP 0-2 Olympqiue Lyonnais

Grenoble Foot 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

LA Berrichonne 0-5 Olympique Lyonnais

AS Beauvais Oise 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais

FC martigues 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

Transfer Budget / Season Expectations

View attachment 338232
The minimum expectations were to challenge for the title & as a result i was given a transfer budget of £28mil.

Holland Wanted Me

View attachment 338231
Holland wanted me as their manager, and the temptation was there, but I decided not to join up with the Dutch national side.

Players In

View attachment 338230
Alen Hailovic (£3.6mil From NK Dinamo) To get the young Croatian star for less than £4mil is an amazing deal. He can become a world class midfielder in the future with the right training. I had to beat a lot of European giants for his signature.

View attachment 338229
Oliver Bonman (£800K From Elfsborg) The young versatile defender will be a back-up option to begin with, but I can see him becoming a good player in the future.

View attachment 338228
Ricardo Rodriguez (£7.5mil From Arsenal) A new left-back was something I was looking for, and I feel we have found a good one in the form of Ricardo Rodriguez. The Swiss defender was out of favour at Arsenal, but will go straight into our starting XI.

View attachment 338227
Fernando Tobio (£14mil From Sao Paulo) A new central defender was also required & Fernando Tobio is a brilliant one. He was fairly expensive, but I feel he will be worth the large outlay and become a star player for us.

Transfer Centre

View attachment 338226
Quite a few player's who were in and around the first-team last season leave the club. 'Kevin Constant' joins Galatasaray for £4.6mil. Bafetimbi Gomis joins Real Betis for £2mil. Milan Bisevac & Bakary Kone both leave on free transfers. Henri Bedimo joins Cagiliri also on a free transfer.
There was also a few young players who had no chance of making the grade leaving on free transfers.

Can we win the 'French Champions Trophy' against PSG?
Can we get off to a positive start in the league?
How well do our new signings perform?

View attachment 338053

August
A mixed start to the new season.
We narrowly lost to PSG in the French Champions Trophy.

August Fixtures

Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (French Champions Trophy)
PSG win 8-7 on penalties.
View attachment 338052
We lose out in the 'French Champions Trophy' on penalties. Unfortunately 'Clement Grenier' missed a penalty for us :(.

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2-5 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 338050
A good away win. I was concerned for a while when our 2-0 lead went to 2-2, but we stepped up our game and ran out 5-2 winners.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Stade Rennais FC (Ligue 1)
View attachment 338049
'Stade Rennais' managed to hold us to a 0-0 draw which disappointed me.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 ESTAC Troyes (Ligue 1)
View attachment 338048
3 goals in the 2nd half of the game ensured we record a comfortable win against 'Troyes'.

Racing Club De Lens 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
View attachment 338046
A shock loss against newly promoted 'Lens'. We were very poor tonight.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 SC Bastia (Ligue 1)
View attachment 338045
A 1-0 win over 'SC Bastia'. 'Samuel Umtiti' with our goal.

Ligue 1 Table

View attachment 338044
We are in 3rd and only a point off the top at this early stage. 'FC Lorient' surprisingly are top at the moment.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 338043
Midfielder 'Clement Grenier' was our best player this month.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 338042
We get drawn against 'Bayern Munich', 'RSC Anderlecht' & 'FC Kobenhavn'. I feel we will finish 2nd in this group.

Will we be a bit more consistent next month?