sirvalkyerie

Reaction score
FK_Puchov.gif

FK Puchov is a team in Slovakia who plays in the Slovak Second Division. They were founded in 1920 and haven't enjoyed alot of footballing success in recent memory. As of June 2009 they are projected to finish 8th place in the Second Division.

New Manager; New Hope
June 1st, 2009

Newly hired Manager Jaroslav Bartolomej offers change. He's a young but wise 32 and hopes to light a fire under the dormant Slovak side. He has high hopes for the young squad this year and is anxiously awaiting the start of the new season.

(Readers of my last thread seemed to be fond of the way I post match results and other news so I'm sticking with that format. If you guys would rather something else lemme know. I write this up for your guys' enjoyment so give me input :))

Me to.Looks like a good story to follow.Good luck mate.

Brazillian Arrives In Time for First Game
July 10th, 2009

Brazillian striker Mangabeira has arrived in Slovakia ahead of the first game of the year against Dolny Kubin. The striker is set to make the start in the game despite just arriving here. His pricetag was $9,000 and the 24 year old is said to be excited to start anew in Europe.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:28 PM ----------

Humble Beginnings
July 12th, 2009

FK Puchov started the year off on shakey ground, suffering a 1-0 defeat at the hands of MFK Dolbny Kubin. The away side found a lucky rebound goal in the 44th that put them ahead. Puchov would then have two key opportunities at the game's conclusion with Mangabeira missing an easy 1-on-1 in the 79th and defender Frantisek Breznican hitting the post with a header in the 88th. The home side will be ruing their chances but hopefully they will present a better showing in the next contest.

(screen shot will be up later of tactics and squad)

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Success
June 26th, 2009

All three strikers, Mrazek / Ondricka / Mangabeira hit the twine in a 3-1 trouncing of Liptovsky Mikulas in yesterday's away derby. The game was a challenge but FK Puchov's finishing touch provided the difference. Mangabeira pickud the MoM award and seems like a decent signing already. FK Puchov now sit in 5th with 4 points and 1 point behind 4th with a game in hand.

Good luck mate, I'm following. Love the layout you've got too <)

Im following too, good luck!!

Mangabeira Out But Barely Missed
August 2nd, 2009

FK Puchov explode again! Another 3 goals and this time a clean sheet in a 3-0 victory over Ruzomberok B at home. Mangabeira was announced just before the game to be unavailble for selection having suffered some minor form of food poisoning. This proved to be not as big a blow as originally expected as FK carried themselves to victory. In interesting side note, the 3rd goal was scored in the 90th+1 as Tomas Hucko scored the goal in his first game becoming the youngest player to play a professional match in FK Puchov history, and the youngest goalscorer at the age of 16 years old and 220 days. Puchov is 5th place with and 4 points behind first with a game in hand.

i love your stories, im doing a similar one to your bhutan one last year with Cambodia, good luck on trying to reach the top

3-4-3 Diamond. Puchov's current Starting XI as of August 2nd, 2009. Probably my base tactic forever

Puchovtactic.jpg

Current Squad as of August 2nd, 2009

PuchovSquad.jpg

League Table Early on in the First Season

EarlyLeagueTableforPuchov.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

i love your stories, im doing a similar one to your bhutan one last year with Cambodia, good luck on trying to reach the top

Thanks a whole lot man. I love knowing that people read my stuff and enjoy it. I'm happy I inspired you to start a Cambodia one. It can be enjoying if you get it done right. (better have acknowledged that I encouraged you :p jk lol)

Best of luck and I'll do my best to follow yours closely.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Puchov Almost Stunned by Slovakian Part-Timers; Almost
August 6th, 2009

FK Puchov might have rested too much on their laurels yesterday afternoon against the Slovakian Part-Timers Vrbove in the first round of the Slovak FA Cup. They scrathed a 1-0 victory on a Luhovy score but that's all they managed. A game with no real mistaked other than a complete lack of shooting with a stunning 88% of the possession from both teams in the middle of the pitch. The win sees Puchov on to the next round of the Slovak FA Cup.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Puchov Walk Off With Another Win. Undefeated Away!
August 9th, 2009

FK Puchov record another victory. This time at the expense of Duslo Sala in a hard fought 1-0 victory. Tomas Mrazek scored in the 66th off a freekick. This victory is a wonderful 4th straight overall and 3rd straight in the Second Division. Puchov leaps to 2nd place and is only 1 point behind Division leader Michalovce.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:02 PM ----------

Luhovy's Late Goal Says it All
August 16th, 2009

Martin Luhovy was on form. The attacking midfielder placed a shot spot on to give FK Puchov the 1-0 win over 1st place Michalovce at home. The best part was Luhovy's goal was scored in added time at 90+1. The fans were well enthused with the late impact of the goal. Puchov is now in second place behind Michalovce by 1 point with a game in hand.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

The Streak Halts
August 23rd, 2009

FK Puchov record to magnificent last minute goals in the 87th and 88th to draw the game against AS Trencin at 2-2. Scores by Svec and Ondricka knotted the game and stunned the Trencin support. The win gives Puchov a share of first place and keeps their undefeated streak going but also breaks their winning streak. Manager Jaroslav Bartolomej is currently seeming rather immaculate, and almost godly amongst the Puchov support.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:22 PM ----------

Ondricka's Double Provides Win @ Home
August 30th, 2009

Stefan Ondricka ripped home 2 goals in a 2-1 victory for FK Puchov over Rimavska Sobota. Ondricka has been on fire so far this season as he has 5 goals in 8 games. His superior class has ensured several games go the way of Puchov The victory keeps Puchov in a tie with Michalovce for first place at 16 points a piece

Your stories cease to amaze this team is on fire!!

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and continue yh ;)

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

New Screenshots Soon. Waiting to see if some moves work, and debating a tactics edit.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Puchov Punishes Part-Timers
September 1st, 2009

Puchov is still red hot and shows it against part-timers Lipany in the second round of the Slovak FA Cup. 4-1 was the final scoreline and each of the 3 strikers in the starting 11 scored a goal including 2 from Ondricka. Mangabeira assisted one and put home one of his own ending a goalless streak that was starting worry some. The win keeps Puchov near perfect overall and delights the home fans once again as the progress to Round 3 of the FA Cup.

Unlucky with the Hong Kong save and hope your as lucky with this one as you were with the last!

Looking good so far, love how you pick random teams that I've never heard of. It's a lot more interesting than just Man City or Notts County.

That's the idea :)

Not only are they more interesting but they're much much more fun

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Puchov Pull it Out in Exciting Fashion
September 13th, 2009

Puchov looked near done in against Lucenec away. A Martin Luhovy freekick from 35 yards out put FK Puchov up 1-0 just a few seconds before the first half ended. Things went from good to bad as the second half saw things swing in a different direction. A penalty in the 59th and a rifle from just outside the box in the 70th saw Lucenec take a 2-1 lead. Mangabeira put in a close header just a minute later to tie it up and Stefan Ondricka finished the scoring in the 80th to finish the game at 3-2. Puchov escape with 3 points in an exciting win and sit tied atop the table with Michalovce with 19 points a piece

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Mrazek's Double Sees Puchov Advance
September 16th, 2009

Mrazek ripped a double against Slovakian part time club SFM Senec. His goals were near identical as each one came from a Chovanec cross and landed from the right side of the box. Frantisek Breznican rifled on of his own from just inside the box to expand the game to 3-0 and there it remained. The major talking point will be the injury to Puchov's leading scorer Stefan Ondricka as he will miss an estimated 6 weeks with a fractured arm.

Loving every minute of your stories and only just picked up on it today.Magnificiently put and immaculate read for anyone.5 stars.Will be following.

I love reading stories from the lesser known leagues, and this is a great example! Good work.

What do you think your aims are in both the short and the long term? Also, out of interest, what differences have you found playing in the Slovakian league?

They are the best stories and this is a great read, excellent mate. (H)