Once you lose.....

• Thread starter Thread starter J Jermyn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 7K
I just hope they will add 1pound option ( Invincible )

Why though? It would just destroy the game. If you're desperate to get a few wins under your belt just add a new manager for the next team your playing. Then you won't lose. Can't see the value of it though. Or if it's too hard play the FMC version

You are playing the wrong game if you think that you can sit with just one static approach and be successful. The AI this time round is much better. In short, if you are not thinking logical football, and having dynamic approaches, it will eat you alive.

This game isnt perfect, far from it. But it is more ruthless in how you approach it.

Every other Football Manager I have played I was really consistent, losing here or there but again once I lose in this one I am f*cked, the morale of the team is f*cked. I feel sh*tty for ******** about the game because it has some great features but I just cant enjoy it right now.

Every other Football Manager I have played I was really consistent, losing here or there but again once I lose in this one I am f*cked, the morale of the team is f*cked. I feel sh*tty for ******** about the game because it has some great features but I just cant enjoy it right now.

You just ignored what he said.

This game is a whole new level from the past two or so FMs. It is FAR more dynamic, much more difficult, and not only rewards clever play but - unlike last year's edition, for one - actively and harshly punishes bad play. If you're expecting this to play like FM12 and using it as such, then frankly you're pretty much asking to be bent over and reamed by this new iteration.

You just ignored what he said.

This game is a whole new level from the past two or so FMs. It is FAR more dynamic, much more difficult, and not only rewards clever play but - unlike last year's edition, for one - actively and harshly punishes bad play. If you're expecting this to play like FM12 and using it as such, then frankly you're pretty much asking to be bent over and reamed by this new iteration.

I know dude but the difficulty was just fine the way it was IMO. Good for some bad for some I suppose.

I lost my first 2 games, won my next two, lost my next one. I haven't had this problem. What are you saying to media/in team talks? Can all have an affect. During my losses I backed my players, morale stayed good or very good and they then got two wins.

There's actively punishing bad play, but when a defender stands with the ball in his own penalty area and doesn't react when a striker comes to take it off him, that's a flaw. There are others that aren't realistic either, yet seemed to have been put in to make the game hard. I liked FM12's engine with its shouts and instructions, but I'm disappointed with this one. I'll give it another season, then will go back to 12 until 13.2 confirms the ME is fixed. It reminds me sometimes of Civ, where a spearman would sometimes, through sheer chance, beat a tank. Except here the dice seem loaded.

There's actively punishing bad play, but when a defender stands with the ball in his own penalty area and doesn't react when a striker comes to take it off him, that's a flaw. There are others that aren't realistic either, yet seemed to have been put in to make the game hard. I liked FM12's engine with its shouts and instructions, but I'm disappointed with this one. I'll give it another season, then will go back to 12 until 13.2 confirms the ME is fixed. It reminds me sometimes of Civ, where a spearman would sometimes, through sheer chance, beat a tank. Except here the dice seem loaded.

If you think the dice is loaded, then you dont understand how the ME works. It cannot tell the difference between user and ai.

Dont confuse bugs in the me for much more robust AI logic. They are two very separate things.

Fm12's engine was vastly limited, hence why it was dropped.

Last edited:
I know dude but the difficulty was just fine the way it was IMO. Good for some bad for some I suppose.

But it wasn't. The AI wasnt dynamic enough, it didnt compete anywhere near a human level. It's still ot that close, but its been upped by quite a bit.

to the idiots saying change the way you play and change tactics whenever you lose, thats not how football works. every top team has consistent tactics which all the players are comfortable in.

so many FM warriors who have no idea about football in real life, let alone even play themselves.

Don't call people idiots. We're just trying to help other people out so that sort of comment is idiotic in itself. And FM Warriors? Seriously?

to the idiots saying change the way you play and change tactics whenever you lose, thats not how football works. every top team has consistent tactics which all the players are comfortable in.

so many FM warriors who have no idea about football in real life, let alone even play themselves.

First things first. refrain from calling any one an idiot.

Secondly its not quite true either, some sides switch frequently (see those the likes of bielsa, mancini, ranieri), some merely switch approach within a given formation. Either way both types are dynamic in what they do. That is reflected in game. too many changes is also reflected in tactic familiarity in game

First things first. refrain from calling any one an idiot.

Secondly its not quite true either, some sides switch frequently (see those the likes of bielsa, mancini, ranieri), some merely switch approach within a given formation. Either way both types are dynamic in what they do. That is reflected in game. too many changes is also reflected in tactic familiarity in game

if they switch, they switch to a tactic they are all familiar with not a random new one. and changing it up hardly happens anyway.

i will refrain, but the advice some of the people give on here is just so unrealistic. But it supposedly works on fm, doesnt that mean the game is unrealistic?

if im a top team in the league and struggling to avoid relegation its just silly. i try to avoid using top teams as it gets boring quick but im forced to just to get some wins. saying that, winning is still hard if youre a top team when your defenders act like spastics.

if they switch, they switch to a tactic they are all familiar with not a random new one. and changing it up hardly happens anyway.

i will refrain, but the advice some of the people give on here is just so unrealistic. But it supposedly works on fm, doesnt that mean the game is unrealistic?

if im a top team in the league and struggling to avoid relegation its just silly. i try to avoid using top teams as it gets boring quick but im forced to just to get some wins. saying that, winning is still hard if youre a top team when your defenders act like spastics.

Thats not necessarily true either, especially in the case of someone like ranieri. However i would serious advise against changing you tactic for the **** of it, needless changes are be just as bas, if not worse, than no change. Everything should be should with a logical process.

I'm united and i lost after about ten games and haven't lost since :) keep at it and check you aren't playing the old 1-1-8 formation or sumin lol!

The thing is that you have to match the tactics your opponents are using not only with tweaks but also in shape. I can't ever beat a team using a 4-2-3-1 AMC shape with my usual 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMs or the 4-3-3; I have to use a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-1-4-1 to have a fair chance in drawing and eventually winning the opposite side. Thing is that in the long run, you get to make so many tweaks that you eventually get tired of going back and forth on the details. Yes, I know it's how it works in real life but I'm not sure if the FM player has the time to make such; hence why FM Classic was probably launched, already envisioning this kind of trouble.

Back