Signed from Ipswich Town for £6m
Sold to West Ham United for £6m

[video=youtube;MD97Ypogwo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD97Ypogwo4[/video]

--

FEBRUARY

FA Cup 4th Round
59324.png
v

Newcastle United 2 (Vujosevic 55, Murphy 84)
Derby County 0

Lineup
- Tomlinson, Bradford, Chilwell, Lascelles, Masek (Sessegnon), Mulac, Paprocki*, Vujosevic, Lanzini, Toya (Murphy), Soumare (Scarber)

A decent win. Unfortunately Soumare got injured and is out for 5-6 weeks.

--

v
59324.png

Reading 0
Newcastle United 3 (D'Amico 51, 83, Sane 60)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj (Phungwayo), Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino, D'Amico*, Havertz, Sane, Pellegri (Scarber)

--

v
59324.png

Tottenham Hotspur 0
Newcastle United 1 (Pellegri 55)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj*, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino (Paprocki), D'Amico, Havertz, Sane, Pellegri (Scarber)

Spurs are really just a mid-table side tbh although they gave us a tough match here. Pellegri did absolutely nothing apart from score - the trait of a natural goalscorer I suppose.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 1, D'Amico 34)
Liverpool 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino, D'Amico, Havertz (Vujosevic), Sane (Toya), Pellegri*

Liverpool are amazingly in a relegation battle and we helped pile on the misery here. Would be interesting to see them going down!

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (D'Amico 14pen)
Southampton 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino (Mulac), D'Amico*, Havertz, Sane (Toya), Pellegri (Scarber)

I suppose given our form this season I should have expected a lot more goals but we got the win and that's the main thing.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
v
59324.png

Everton 0
Newcastle United 1 (Zuparic 77)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic*, Merino (Henry), D'Amico (Vujosevic), Havertz, Sane (Toya), Pellegri

Not a classic performance but a professional one. We got the result which we needed.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
v
59324.png

Borussia Dortmund 2 (Sancho 38, Szymala 86)
Newcastle United 3 (Murphy 13, 34, Jedvaj 75)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney (Chilwell), Zuparic, Merino, D'Amico, Havertz, Murphy*, Pellegri (Vujosevic)

A good win this. I actually tried to sign Jordan Sancho but with Leroy Sane and Martin Toya I felt that I had enough left wingers - plus Jacob Murphy who scored a double here.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw the goals dry up a bit here as we didn't score 4 or 5 in a game once. Shocking! lol. We did win every game however and my 2 keeps kept 6 clean sheets in a row during the month which was impressive.

The league title race is over but it isn't lol. We are 1pt clear with 3 games in hand so I don't expect to throw that advantage away. Hopefully we can be in a situation where I can play the last 4 or 5 league games with my youngsters again.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FELICE D'AMICO
View attachment 64901

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 64900

th

GEORGE ROBLEDO
Forward
1949-53
164 apps, 91 goals

Did You Know? Robledo - whose brother Ted also played for Newcastle - became the first non registered British player to be the top scorer in England.

--

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
v
59324.png

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0
Newcastle United 1 (D'Amico 45)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic (Henry), Merino (Mulac), D'Amico, Havertz, Sane, Pellegri (Toya)

We battered Wolves here but couldn't get more than one goal but we won the trophy and that is the main thing.

--

v
59324.png

Stoke City 0
Newcastle United 1 (Pellegri 12)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell*, Tierney (Chilwell), Zuparic, Merino (Mulac), D'Amico (Vujosevic), Havertz, Sane, Pellegri

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (D'Amico 17pen, Pellegri 19, 21)
Crystal Palace 1 (Dembele 42)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell (Lascelles), Tierney, Zuparic, Merino (Mulac), D'Amico, Havertz, Sane (Toya), Pellegri*

This could have been 15-1. They scored with their only shot on goal by our former player Moussa Dembele while our 3 goals were from a needless penalty and 2 awful pass backs.

--

v
59324.png

West Ham United 0
Newcastle United 1 (Pellegri 3)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic (Mulac), Merino, D'Amico, Havertz (Murphy), Sane (Soumare), Pellegri*

We scrape the win here. Not said it before but Havertz is ****. 6 goals and 3 assists in a team that was scoring for fun for 6 months is not on and his performances are slipping too.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Zuparic 37, Sane 52, D'Amico 54)
Borussia Dortmund 0
(Agg: 6-2)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino, D'Amico*, Havertz, Sane, Pellegri (Soumare)

Nice and easy as we go through to the quarter-finals. Dortmund actually have Jordan Sancho back. I almost signed him a couple of times but they paid £30m odd to get him back after selling him for less than half that.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
v
59324.png

Watford 2 (Success 38, Phungwayo og41)
Newcastle United 3 (Soumare 60, 81, Henry 73)

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo (Masek), Lascelles,
Chilwell, Paprocki, Mulac, Vujosevic, Henry, Toya (Sessegnon), Soumare*

I kicked off the match and did something else and came back at half-time to find my backups 2 down. In a rage I just carried on and went to put my daughter to bed and returned with the game at 84min and us 3-2 up with a man sent-off!!! Thankfully we held on.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (Pellegri 39)
Arsenal 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney (Sessegnon), Zuparic, Merino, D'Amico, Havertz, Sane (Murphy), Pellegri

The goals have certainly dried up but fortunately we keep getting clean sheets. It seems as if our forwards performed in the 1st half of the season and the defence is winning it the 2nd half.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us win the Carabao Cup by beating Wolves 1-0 which was one of many single goal victories. In the FA Cup we defeated Watford and we will face Man City in the semis while in the Champions League we are up against Man Utd which will be tough.

That means we have a tough run of fixtures next month but we have won our last 20 matches so we are doing not too badly!!

In the youth intake we got a couple of decent players with a right winger looking like a very good prospect and is valued at over £6m...
View attachment 64642

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI
View attachment 64641

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 64640

It's nuts you keep getting regens valued so high. Mine never break £1mil even though they turn out to be decent

th

JOHN BURRIDGE
Goalkeeper
1989-91, 1993 & 1994
80 apps

Did You Know? Burridge had a total of 29 different clubs, having multiple spells at a few and has the record for playing for the most football league teams (15).

--

APRIL

v
59324.png

Manchester United 1 (Martial 17)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Henry, Merino (Paprocki), D'Amico (Murphy), Havertz, Sane, Pellegri (Soumare)

Our long winning run is over as Man Utd defeat us here. We will just have to get revenge in our next 2 games against them.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (D'Amico 45)
Manchester United 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino (Henry), D'Amico* (Hayward), Havertz, Sane, Pellegri (Soumare)

A vital win. We took the lead on the stroke of half time and afterwards it was end to end with people missing sitters all over the place but we held on. D'Amico got injured in the last minute so 15y/o Ryan Hayward made his debut.

--

v
59324.png

Watford 2 (Hughes 67, 75)
Newcastle United 4 (Soumare 2, 19, Toya 27, Lakota 89)

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo, Farrell, Chilwell (Masek), Mulac, Paprocki*, Murphy, Henry (Lakota), Toya (Sessegnon), Soumare

This win secures Champions League qualification and I took the liberty of resting my players for the Champions League game. Super-sub Lakota struck again!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
v
59324.png

Manchester United 2 (Alli 27, Rashford 80)
Newcastle United 1 (Jedvaj 34)
(Agg: 2-2 - Newcastle United win on away goals)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino, Murphy (Soumare), Havertz (Henry), Sane, Pellegri

Victory in spite of a defeat as we progress thanks to Jedvaj scoring an away goal. We played a counter attacking game and it worked a treat but as ever Havertz was pathetic.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Sane 25, Jedvaj 53, Soumare 86)
West Bromwich Albion 2 (Kalu 18, Hirzel 82)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts (Bradford), Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney, Zuparic, Merino, Murphy (Toya), Havertz, Sane, Pellegri (Soumare)

We made hard work of this as we fell behind and was then ahead before they levelled late and thankfully Soumare struck the winner.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 2 (Toya 31, Soumare 57)
Leicester City 0

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo, Lascelles, Chilwell (Masek), Mulac, Paprocki, Vujosevic (Murphy), Henry, Toya*, Soumare

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
v
59324.png

Manchester City 2 (Isak 39, Bernardo Silva 114)
Newcastle United 1 (Pellegri 19)
AET

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney (Chilwell), Zuparic (Henry), Merino, D'Amico (Vujosevic), Havertz, Sane, Pellegri

Our chances of winning everything in a season is over as this time the FA Cup evades us. We took the lead and they levelled and after that it was an even game but unfortunately they got the winner. Tierney got injured and is out for a few weeks.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
v
59324.png

Paris Saint-Germain 2 (Verratti 34, Gabriel Barbosa 87)
Newcastle United 1 (Vujosevic 90)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Bradford, Jedvaj, Farrell, Chilwell, Zuparic, Merino, D'Amico (Vujosevic), Havertz (Henry), Sane, Pellegri (Soumare)

Thank god for Vujosevic!!! Our hold of the Champions League was seriously in doubt when we were 2 down going into the stoppage time but thankfully Vujosevic pounced to give us the vital away goal.

--

SUMMARY

The penultimate month of the season had a major disappointment as we were knocked out of the FA Cup in the semis by Man City and even in the Champions League we are in a tricky position as after beating Man Utd we are a goal down with a leg to go against PSG.

In the league we lost to Man Utd but won our other 3 matches to all but seal the title and I think I can get away with playing my backups and reserves for the final 6 games as we are 7pts clear with 2 games in hand.

Finally our U23s won the Checkatrade Trophy. Not surprising considering we had Paprocki, Sessegnon, Tomlinson, Toya, Bradford, Scarber and Phungwayo involved from the 1st team (60min only) and the likes of Masek, Lanzini, Lakota, Charlton, Meza and Vogler in the U23s.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ISSIAKA SOUMARE
View attachment 64350

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 64349

--

th

GERMANY

Friendly
bih.gif
v
ger.gif

Bosnia & Herzegovina 1 (Kodro 22)
Germany 3 (Sane 36, 42, 69)

Lineup - Horn (Leno), Passlack, Tah, Sule (Rudiger), Henrichs, Akkaynak (Nakowitsch), Emre Can (Dahoud), Kendzia*, Havertz, Sane* (Ochs), Werner (Akkus)

I gave international debuts to Kendzia here. I have known about Kendzia for a while and he does look special.

(Originally we won it 3-0 with Werner scoring 2 and Havertz one but the game crashed straight after so I holidayed this game).

--

Friendly
ger.gif
v
rou.gif

Germany 3 (Akkaynak 17, Werner 65, Amiri 68)
Romania 0

Lineup - Horn (Karius), Passlack*, Tah (Rudiger), Sule (Ginter), Henrichs, Akkaynak (Nakowitsch), Emre Can (Dahoud), Kendzia, Havertz (Amiri), Sane, Werner

th

JONAS GUTIERREZ
Midfielder
2008-15
205 apps, 12 goals
Signed from Mallorca for £4m

Did You Know? Gutierrez who is a big fans favourite, often put on a Spider-Man mask when he scored a goal.

--

MAY

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 6 (Henry 12pen, 38pen, Soumare 39, 42, 74, 85)
Everton 2 (De Paul 7, Batshuayi 72)

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo, Lascelles, Chilwell (Masek), Paprocki, Mulac (Lanzini), Vujosevic, Henry, Toya (Sessegnon), Soumare*

ISSIAKA SOUMARE!!!! He has only made 3 league starts this season but his goal tally in the league is now at 10. Unfortunately for him this is the 1st season since my debut season that I haven't rotated the strikers.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 0
Chelsea 0

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo, Lascelles, Chilwell, Paprocki, Mulac, Vujosevic, Henry (Lanzini), Sessegnon (Murphy), Soumare (Scarber)

CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!!

Chelsea were the only team who could stop us but they needed to win but we managed to get a point although it should have been 3 as they had 2 men sent-off.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (Sane 13)
Paris Saint-Germain 0
(Agg: 2-2 - Newcastle United win on away goals)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Chilwell, Zuparic*, Merino, D'Amico, Havertz (Henry), Sane, Pellegri (Scarber)

Another final awaits as we once again win on away goals. Bayern Munich await us in the final who we have already played twice this season and are unbeaten against.

--

v
59324.png

Everton 1 (Barkley 88)
Newcastle United 2 (Henry 43pen, Soumare 50)

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo, Lascelles, Chilwell (Masek), Paprocki, Mulac, Vujosevic, Henry, Toya (Murphy), Soumare (Scarber)

A decent win for my backups but the big story is that Liverpool have slipped into the bottom 3 with 1 game to go for them and its away to Chelsea.

--

v
59324.png

Leeds United 2 (Haps 22, Temenuzhkov 83)
Newcastle United 2 (Toya 9, Paprocki 26)

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo, Lascelles, Masek, Paprocki, Mulac, Vujosevic*, Henry (Lanzini), Toya, Soumare (Lakota)

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 2 (Jedvaj 3, Soumare 55)
Sunderland 1 (Ounas 90)

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Sessegnon, Zuparic, Mulac (Paprocki), Vujosevic (Hayward), Henry (Scarber), Toya, Soumare

Derby day joy as we defeat Sunderland who look as though that they are staying up. Some of my backups were ****** hence why I played Jedvaj and Zuparic.

--

v
59324.png

Arsenal 3 (Kante 18, Martinez Quarta 25, Duguid 90)
Newcastle United 1 (Khan 88)

Lineup - Tomlinson, Bradford, Phungwayo, Lascelles, Sessegnon, Paprocki, Mulac (Khan), Vujosevic*, Henry, Toya (Murphy), Soumare (Scarber)

A pretty ****** way to end the season although young Ryan Khan scored on his debut which was nice.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
v
59324.png

Bayern Munich 0
Newcastle United 3 (Zuparic 11, Sane 45, Soumare 75)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Betts, Jedvaj, Farrell, Tierney (Chilwell), Zuparic, Merino, D'Amico*, Havertz (Henry), Sane, Pellegri (Soumare)

We retain the Champions League!!!!

This was a very one sided final as we dominated from start to finish. We won and drew against Bayern already this season so we went into the game with confidence and showed it in our play.

--

SUMMARY

A fine end to the season. We saw out the league campaign by defeating Everton home and away and also getting a derby win against Sunderland as my backups shone. Arsenal did defeat us on the final day but on the whole it was a good end to the domestic campaign.

In Europe we sneaked past PSG and then thumped Bayern Munich to win the cup once again (cant remember how many times in a row it is now lol) with our star man of the end of the season - Issiaka Soumare - scoring the 3rd and his 7th of the month!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ISSIAKA SOUMARE
View attachment 64260
--

TIME FOR A BREAK.......................

With the new update out I will be starting a new story tonight. This is a good time to take a break as we are finding it a bit too easy. I also ****** up my German squad for the Euros so I will go to pastures new.

I will return probably though. Liverpool did end up getting relegated and with all my youngsters I am keen to see how Betts, Tomlinson, Bradford etc develop.

Hopefully you will all follow my new story!!!