One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

1579441752051.png

PRE-SEASON POST

Last summer we laid down a marker for the future with the incomings of Sancho, Fati, Godfrey etc and that left me going into this summer knowing that I didn't really need to sign anyone - just search for regens and see what was out there however forget about that I have absolutely went nuts and possibly even blew last summer out of the window.

Transfer wise the summer can be split into 2 parts. Me being sensible and just bringing in bargains (remember I had 2 pre-arranged transfers) and also bringing in 2 main signings for money and the 2nd part being the crazy bit of the summer!!!

So here it goes...……..

--

PLAYERS OUT
OUT.png

OUT2.png

Lets start at the top. Federico Chiesa was let go to Arsenal for £71m. He was signed on a free transfer last summer and did OK but with the progress of Dembele I felt it was a good move to let him go. Another RW, Ulariaga, was sold to Lazio for £40m which is some profit considering I signed him for a pittance a few years ago and have taken in some decent loan fees for him too in that time.

Gabriel Jesus left to join Leicester for £39m which is just shy of double of what I paid for him. With my pre-contract agreements for 2 strikers it was always on my mind to sell Gabriel Jesus so off he went. Tammy Abraham was in the same boat and he joined Torino for £20.5m which again is a decent profit.

A sad farewell goes to Andre Onana who left for £39m (£15m profit). I was offered £15m more in January but I had my eye on another keeper so let Onana go. I am also sad to see Matty Longstaff leaving as he joined Arsenal for £24.5m. With the emergence of Mejbri and with Bellingham, Tonali, Palacios and his brother Sean ahead of him I felt it was time to cash in.

Radovan Pankov was also sold for over a £30m profit to PSV. He was my 4th choice CB and did well when played but his time had come to an end.

Other than that I sold Dirk Proper for £11m and a few backups while I loaned out several players including many signings that I made which I will go into in the next section................

--

PLAYERS IN
IN.png

The first name on the list was one of my top 3 targets and I am delighted to bring him in. Gianluigi Donnarumma was brought in for £70m and was the only keeper I would have sold Onana for. At 24y/o he still has room to improve but he is a world class keeper already. Regarding signings for the first team I can only bring in players that are better than I already have which is tough but Donnarumma is definitely one!
drumma.png

Now for my 2 pre-arranged transfers and they were for Andrea Pinamonti and Erling Haaland. To get those 2 on free transfers is great business and they will make me a huge profit in the future. I have decided to loan out Haaland for a fee but Pinamonti will compete with Fabio Silva for the strikers position and considering he is valued at £73m he is a world class player.
pinamonti.png

haaland.png

Federico Valverde was also signed on a free from Real Madrid and he was just brought in to be loaned out and sold on for a huge profit. He is currently on loan at PSG.
valverde.png

One other long term target was brought in the shape and form of Ibraimo Varela. The 19y/o CB was on my shortlist for a long time and with Pankov leaving and Lascelles ageing I felt it was time to bring in another CB since I was loaning out my wonderkid Ljubicic. My DoF actually made the bid and I went along with it and I hope the Portuguese international will go on to develop into a world class player.
varela.png

Remember Fabio Telles? I brought the Brazilian in on loan a couple of seasons back and now he has returned to be our 3rd choice striker - again on loan. Although I signed several decent looking forwards I have loaned them all out for experience and I thought it would be nice for Telles to come back lol.
telles.png

Now for the bargains. Bella-Kotchap was brought in for my U23s but his value rocketed up to £28m so he was loaned out. Morgan coming in for £400,000 is a joke and out he went on loan. The same gores for Brian McGrath while I am ecstatic about the signing of the Spanish wonderkid Manolo Hernandez. These were some great signings and with the loan fees I have taken in they have pretty much been repaid already lol.
tammy sas.png

morgan.png

mcgrath.png

hernandez.png

The other signings arent really worthy of a screenshot lol.

AND

THEN

CAME

THE

TRANSFER

THAT

SHOOK

THE

WORLD

1579447918140.png

Kylian Mbappe was signed from PSG for £195m!!!!!!!!

He was my fanciful target. Never going to happen. And it wasnt! I jokingly put in a £195m bid and they accepted it but I couldnt afford it so that was when I made the moves to sell Matty Longstaff and Chiesa. Even then when I staggered the deal (£145m up front, £50m over 3 years) the board cancelled it as they didnt feel it was value for money. I always protested and they always said no. I didnt give up however and after a couple of weeks they finally relented.

I then had to agree terms and Kylian will almost bankrupt us lol as he is on £475,000 a week and has some serious bonuses. Now I always play my players in their favoured position and role but not here - Mbappe will be my right winger. To bring in a ready made world class player is one thing but this guy could be the best player in the game for years to come and I cant wait to see how he fares for us.

mbappe.png

--

HOPES FOR THE SEASON

We are one of the big boys now and the league is my minimum requirement. To get back to winning domestic cups would be nice while I am looking forward to the Club World Cup.​

Yes you've got the beast of Mbappe, could you get a screenshot with these attributes and history, please?. WHAT A SIGNING

1579466031663.png

Shola Ameobi
2000-14
Forward
397 apps, 79 goals

"The Mackem Slayer" was at times frustrating but had the club in is heart and always did well against Sunderland which was nice. I am pretty sure half of these appearances were as a sub lol.

--

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
man city.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey*, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Sancho, Silva

Donnarumma was injured and Mbappe hadn't arrived yet so it was last years team that took to the field and they got the win. I started the 2nd half and got distracted and when I came back the game was over so that is why there was no subs made lol.

--

palace.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (Longstaff), Dembele (Mbappe), Olmo, Sancho*, Silva (Pinamonti)

Mbappe gave the fans what they wanted here with a debut goal. He wasn't really fit enough to start so he came off the bench and duly headed home the 2nd.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
milan.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Mbappe), Olmo*, Sancho (Fati), Silva

A quirk of the fixture list and Donnarumma's injury meant that he made his debut for us against his old club here while Varela also made his 1st appearance for us. We won this game fairly comfortably and quite a few of my players put in exceptional performances (Tonali, Palacios, Olmo and Silva).

--

pool.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (Longstaff), Dembele*, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Mbappe)

This could be a huge win in regards to where the title is going as we sneak a win away to Liverpool. Karamoko Dembele obviously doesn't mind that Kylian Mbappe is waiting in the wings to take his position as he scored the early winner and put in a great performance.

--

soton.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (Longstaff), Dembele (Mbappe), Olmo*, Sancho, Silva (Pinamonti)

Very nice. Pinamonti got his first goal for us although Mbappe came off the bench and missed a penalty the ***** lol. He did get an assist though.

--

SUMMARY

Not a bad start to the season as we won 2 trophies and won our first 3 league games. Despite winning the two "minor" trophies my highlight of the month was the 1-0 away victory over Liverpool as in terms of the title race that could be a huge victory.

Kylian Mbappe wasnt really fit when he signed but he has done not too bad as he got a debut goal but also missed a penalty and got an assist in another game.

Off the field I appointed our former striker Patrick Kluivert as a scout.

I just looked at the Club World Cup and the next one is in 2 years time!!!! I don't know what the format will be and tbh I don't know if we have still qualified. Who knows. The world of football is changing and I am all over the place with it lol - after all Newcastle are European Champions!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI OLMO
olmo.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUG.png

Manager Moves

During the summer Man Utd got rid of Solskjaer and appointed Sarri

Transfers
transfers.png
fers.png

Attachments

• 1579466014028.png
    1579466014028.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 61
WOW, well firstly I wasn't expecting that! And secondly how dare Mbappe miss a penalty. If he's getting £475k a week he can at least score with a free shot from 12 yards! ?

WOW, well firstly I wasn't expecting that! And secondly how dare Mbappe miss a penalty. If he's getting £475k a week he can at least score with a free shot from 12 yards! ?

I know right a £100m players miss a pen, unbelievable Jeff

Jeeeeesus....Chrrrrist...Almightyyyy!!

Been away for a few days and come back to this ha!

1st congrats on the league and CL double, As Newcastle I can only dream ha!

But Mbappe? ****** MBappe!! Absolutely tremendous business! Between him, Silva, Dembele, Olmo and Haaland on his return surely you will be unstoppable!!

1579555175419.png

VIDEO - Rob Lee goals
Robert Lee
1992-2002
Midfielder
381 apps, 56 goals

Rob Lee was a great player who was signed by Kevin Keegan in the promotion season of 92/93 and at the start of his Newcastle career he was a goalscoring midfielder and then he settled into a deep lying role later on. He won 21 caps for England and scored twice. His best moment was when he scored a hat-trick of headers against Antwerp in the UEFA Cup in 1994.

--

SEPTEMBER

forest.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes*, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva

4 goals scored in this match, 4 games played, 4 clean sheets - things are going very well in the league! Mbappe must have read the comments above and he tucked away a penalty here lol. I don't know what Montes is thinking about having scored in his last 2 league games!

--

everton.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali (Longstaff), Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva*

It seems we are on penalty watch starring Kylian Mbappe!!!! He won an early penalty and duly converted it and then won another in the 2nd half but it was saved. Everton sacked their manager after the game.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
psv.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons*, Varela, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Tonali (Bellingham), Palacios, Dembele, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati, Pinamonti

We have been given a decent group (PSV, Roma, Monaco) and so I have decided to play a half and half side until the group settles down. In the end we put in a great performance and thoroughly deserved our win.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Varela, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe*, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva (Pinamonti)

6 wins - 6 clean sheets - we are a machine!!!! We were ok but it looked as though we were going to get a draw but Fati popped up near the end to win it for us. Wolves had a goal disallowed so we really got away with one here.

Just a word on the Wolves midfield - Neves (DMC), Naby Kieta and Adrien Rabiot (MC - both on loan), Gnabry (AMR - on loan), Maddison (AML) - not bad!!!!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
burnley.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Mbabu, Varela, Lascelles, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele (Telles), Mejbri, Fati, Pinamonti

Out came the backups for the Carabao Cup and they got us through. I only named 2 subs by mistake here and one of them was a keeper but fortunately that didnt affect us.

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali*, Palacios, Mbappe (Dembele), Olmo, Sancho (Pinamonti), Silva

It seems that we are not allowed to concede a goal in the league as we are now 7 games in and we have 7 clean sheets. Tonali got a rare goal while Pinamonti yet again takes his chance with a goal.

--

SUMMARY

While I wouldn't say that we are on fire we are being dominant as we haven't conceded a goal in the league so therefore we have 7 wins out of 7 and are sitting pretty at the top of the table. We haven't really thumped anyone yet although Mbappe has missed a few penalties that would add a bit of an extra gloss to the scoreline but he has scored a few too and he is apparently our best penalty taker so that wont change lol.

If we keep on going as we are we wont be stopped obviously but I feel we haven't clicked into gear yet tbh.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANSU FATI
FATI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

SEP.png

Everton sack their manager whoever he was lol - Frank Vercauteren maybe?​

Attachments

• 1579553375482.png
    1579553375482.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1579553404620.png
    1579553404620.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 65
Jeeeeesus....Chrrrrist...Almightyyyy!!

Been away for a few days and come back to this ha!

1st congrats on the league and CL double, As Newcastle I can only dream ha!

But Mbappe? ****** MBappe!! Absolutely tremendous business! Between him, Silva, Dembele, Olmo and Haaland on his return surely you will be unstoppable!!

Mbappe was my dream signing. I can honestly say that unless a regen pops up my team is set for a few years as even my backups are young. Trent Alexander-Arnold is probably my one remaining target but Max Aarons is doing great.

I may just sign regens - see how they do and sell them for profit as well as getting pre-contract deals done for loaning out and selling which Halland will come into.

Wouldnt mind trying to get us to having a £1bn bank balance as with the team I have I honestly don't need to sign a first team player for 5 years or so.

Going beyond great there mate. Squad is packed with quality and as you say they are all young. Unless one leaves I totally agree that you should just look at regens, and improve your youth facilities etc and try and produce your own, which will no doubt help with the £1 billion bank balance you are after. ? ? ?

Could I ask for any tips for like making transfers like do you sell players as well as signing their replacements before they'd go or what?. I keep ending making that mistake and end up overcharging the clubs wage budget?.

Could I ask for any tips for like making transfers like do you sell players as well as signing their replacements before they'd go or what?. I keep ending making that mistake and end up overcharging the clubs wage budget?.

When I am building a squad I kinda plan a season ahead but I don't usually sign players before they are needed. As I tend to buy young players I let them grow and develop naturally although having said all that Varela will be first choice very soon more than likely.

To make big profits I sell at the end of the season when player values shoot up by £10-15m for some reason. I also use the loan system. Make sure I get at least £600k - £2.5m for a player for a season and then sell them when the time is right for instance I signed Ulariaga as an 18y/o for very little, loaned him out for 2 seasons, became a wonderkid and sold him for £40m. I am fortunate that I can afford to let wonderkids go tbh.

Also check the transfer listed players regularly as you get some great young players for a pittance.

Tbh I had in mind from the start that I wanted Donnarumma, Aarons, Tonali, Sancho, Fati and homed in on them when the time was right. Mbappe was a dream but I am going to have to sell £20m worth of talent just to cover his wages for a season - he also has a £17m loyalty bonus!

mbappe.png

When I am building a squad I kinda plan a season ahead but I don't usually sign players before they are needed. As I tend to buy young players I let them grow and develop naturally although having said all that Varela will be first choice very soon more than likely.

To make big profits I sell at the end of the season when player values shoot up by £10-15m for some reason. I also use the loan system. Make sure I get at least £600k - £2.5m for a player for a season and then sell them when the time is right for instance I signed Ulariaga as an 18y/o for very little, loaned him out for 2 seasons, became a wonderkid and sold him for £40m. I am fortunate that I can afford to let wonderkids go tbh.

Also check the transfer listed players regularly as you get some great young players for a pittance.

Tbh I had in mind from the start that I wanted Donnarumma, Aarons, Tonali, Sancho, Fati and homed in on them when the time was right. Mbappe was a dream but I am going to have to sell £20m worth of talent just to cover his wages for a season - he also has a £17m loyalty bonus!

View attachment 478954

Ah ok thanks :)

Cracking story despite me being a sunderland fan haha.

What database do you use? Do you load up all leagues or just so many?

1579626580895.png

Tommy McDonald
1921-31
Forward
367 apps, 113 goals

McDonald was signed from Rangers and spent a decade with the club and he won an FA Cup and a league title while at the club.

--

OCTOBER

monaco.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios (Longstaff), Mbappe, Olmo*, Sancho, Silva (Pinamonti)

Decent win with Kylian Mbappe scoring against his first club. Pietro Pellegri would be a great signing for us but a pointless and expensive one lol.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes (Varela), Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva*

Another win but we conceded our first goals of the season here. We quickly went 2-0 down and then just as quickly fought back to 3-2 up! Chiesa came back to haunt us with a goal while he also had one disallowed as did Jadon Sancho.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey (Varela), Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo*, Fati (Dembele), Silva (Pinamonti)

Our 100% record at the start of the season continues with this easy win. Just a pity it comes against Rafa Benitez lol.

--

roma.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Longstaff, Bellingham, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati (Dembele), Silva*

WOW!!!! I didn't expect such a big win as we take control of the group. Silva got a hat-trick, Mbappe got 2 and an assist while Jude Bellingham assisted 4 goals!!

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Bellingham, Mbappe (Fati), Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva (Pinamonti)

Despite dominating we had to be patient and bide our time until we found our way through the Norwich defence. Palacios picked up an injury in training and is out for 6 weeks.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
liver.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Longstaff, Dembele, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva

We make it through but it wasn't pretty. Liverpool rested a few players but had the better of it tbh and I was glad to get into half-time level. In the 2nd half Silva had a goal disallowed but he scored one that counted immediately after. They levelled late on so we went to pens - they missed one and we scored all ours with Karamoko Dembele getting the winner.

--

SUMMARY

Our amazing start to the season continued as we just kept on winning and even when we failed to do the job in 90min we still won on penalties as we beat Liverpool in the Carabao Cup. In the league we have won all 10 matches and only conceded 2 goals and both of them came against Arsenal when we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. Despite that we are only 4pts clear as Man Utd are also unbeaten and while they have conceded more they have also scored more.

I have just noticed that in my current fixture list my last 4 league games are against both of the Manchester sides, Arsenal and Chelsea!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
TONALI.png

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

Manager Moves

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is the new Everton manager

Cracking story despite me being a sunderland fan haha.

What database do you use? Do you load up all leagues or just so many?

Just the normal database although it was updated back when I started with Mourinho at Spurs etc but not Arteta at Arsenal.

Got most of the big leagues as view only in Europe -

STUFF.png

I may at some point make the Scottish league playable and be a DoF for Aberdeen or in Spain with Bilbao in future if Newcastle turns far too easy and boring lol

1579726672710.png

Bobby Moncur
1962-74
Defender
356 apps, 8 goals

Moncur was the captain of the 1969 Fairs Cup winning side and actually scored 3 of his 8 goals in the final. He won 16 caps for Scotland and left the club to join Sunderland of all teams!

--

NOVEMBER

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Longstaff (Bellingham), Mbappe*, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva (Pinamonti)

We weren't great here but got the win although I am ****** off that we conceded a goal in stoppage time as Donnarumma seems to love getting clean sheets!

--

roma.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons (Mbabu), Montes, Varela, Renan Lodi*, Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri, Fati (Sancho), Pinamonti (Telles)

This win sees us through to the next stage with 2 games to play. I rested several players here and while it wasn't a classic performance we got the job done and that is what matters.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Varela, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Bellingham, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva (Dembele)

Our 100% record from the start of the season is over as Spurs beat us after we had won our previous 11 league games. We got off to a perfect start when Bellingham scored early on but we let Spurs back in it and then we fell behind and we then contrived to miss several chances. Not impressed.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Bellingham, Dembele, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva (Telles)

Sure its a win but the performance was poor - as has most of our recent performances has been. Silva got the goal (only his 5th in the league), Olmo is out of form as is Sancho. We really need to score more goals. Mejbri missed a penalty here too. Not a happy bunny despite having won 12 out of 13 league games.

--

psv.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Mbabu, Godfrey, Lascelles, Renan Lodi, Varela, Bellingham (Longstaff), Mbappe (Sancho), Olmo, Fati, Silva*

I had planned to play my backups but they were involved in a reserve match the day before so I barely had a fit squad to pick from - a downside to loaning out so many players.

--

SUMMARY

This month wasn't enjoyable at all tbh. We lost our first league game of the season and generally were awful in truth apart from the final game against PSV. My players are very tired and picking up niggling injuries but going forward we have been disappointing.

All that is pretty worrying considering we are going into the Christmas period and on top of that our hardest run of fixtures is coming. Hopefully my players can carry the performance against PSV forward.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RENAN LODI
LODI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

Attachments

• 1579726656590.png
    1579726656590.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 63