One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

After a "bad" run you're still 4 points clear so don't be too hard on yourself.

Nice to see you've got a nice easy run in if the title race goes down to the wire! Ridiculous run of fixtures!

1579813164189.png

Andy Aitken
1895-1906
Defender
349 apps, 42 goals

Aitken won 1 league title while at Newcastle and was a runner-up in the FA Cup twice. He won 14 caps for Scotland and left to become the player manager of Middlesbrough.

--

DECEMBER

brentford.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Mbabu, Lascelles, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Longstaff, Varela, Sancho*, Mejbri, Fati (Telles), Silva (Pinamonti)

Once again we had so many players out injured or just not fit enough to play so I had to give Mbabu and Lascelles their first league appearances and Lascelles astounded me by scoring the 3rd goal. We fell behind here but got back on terms when a Sancho cross went straight in.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
monaco.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Longstaff (Bellingham), Mbappe*, Olmo, Fati, Pinamonti

Last night when playing I vowed to make sure my first team players who were available for reserves wouldn't play before the next Champions League match - I duly forgot today annoyingly. We finish the group with a 100% record.

--

leicester.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Longstaff (Palacios), Dembele, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho*, Silva (Pinamonti)

Jadon Sancho is hitting form is he? That's 2 goals and 2 MOMs in the last 2 league matches. Silva had a goal disallowed here.

--

hudders.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes (Lascelles), Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Longstaff (Palacios), Mbappe*, Olmo, Sancho, Silva (Pinamonti)

I have to say that Kylian Mbappe is by far the best finisher at the club. So many of his goals comes when he cuts in from the right wing and he fires a shot across the keeper. If it was anyone else I wouldn't have much hope as the play develops but he is ruthless. Fabio Silva take note! He is having an off season like he did in his 2nd season with us so maybe it is 1 great, 1 **** and so on.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
cup.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali (Bellingham), Longstaff, Mbappe (Dembele), Mejbri, Fati*, Pinamonti (Telles)

Ansu Fati got us through to the semis here with a fine double. I decided to rest Silva but Pinamonti didn't take his chance here unfortunately.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey (Varela), Chilwell, Longstaff (Bellingham), Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva*

A wonderful performance and a great result. We demolished Chelsea here and every player played their part. Mbappe even had a goal disallowed for good measure while Olmo scored a screamer from distance.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes (Varela), Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali (Longstaff), Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva*

A huge victory. We move 12pts clear of Man Utd at the top of the table as we edge them out here in an end to end thriller. Tbh either side could have scored 4 or 5 but in the end Fabio Silva's early goal was enough for us.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali (Longstaff), Palacios, Mbappe*, Olmo, Sancho, Silva (Pinamonti)

Another outstanding result and performance. With half an hour to go Mbappe had a rating of 6.0 as he had just missed a penalty however he cracked in 2 free-kicks and walked away with the MOM award!

--

SUMMARY

I will gladly take another dodgy month that we had last month if we are to follow it up with a month like this one!!! We were excellent this month and won every match including hugely impressive victories over Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal in a row which sees us end the year 14pts clear at the top of the table.

In the cups we will play Wycombe in the FA Cup, Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup and Barcelona in the Champions League who will be looking for revenge after we thumped them 5-2 and 4-0 last season.

Finally the end of year awards were made and Kylian Mbappe won the Ballon D'or and World Player of the Year awards (Federico Chiesa came 3rd!!) while Fabio Silva and Cesar Montes also won awards and Donnarumma was the best goalkeeper.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KYLIAN MBAPPE
MBAPPE.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

Manager Moves

Brentford sack Thomas Frank and appoint Neil Lennon
Bournemouth sack Eddie Howe and appoint Frank Vercauteren
Man City and Everton are also looking for new managers​

Attachments

• man utd.png
    man utd.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1579813148001.png
    1579813148001.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 111
Never seen a player valued so high. Unreal stuff!!

Cracking work mate, 14 points clear with a game in hand over 2nd place isn't a bad position to be in!

1579972391481.png

Frank Brennan
1946-56
Defender
349 apps, 3 goals

Signed from Airdrie for £7,500 Brennan won 2 FA Cups while at Newcastle and also earned 8 caps for Scotland

--

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round
wycombe.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Lascelles, Varela*, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri, Fati, Pinamonti (Telles)

I expected a 4 goal winning margin at least and we got that although we laboured for the first half.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
villa.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Mbabu, Lascelles, Varela, Renan Lodi (Chilwell), Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri*, Fati, Pinamonti (Telles)

My backups got another chance to impress and impress they did and they did well enough to play in the next leg as I cant see us throwing away the tie. Hannibal Mejbri scored 2 great goals as he celebrated signing a new bumper contract.

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho*, Silva

Very impressive although it could have been very different as at 2-1 and having already scored against us my former striker, Alfredo Morelos, put a penalty past the post. We have won our last 8 league games now.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios*, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Dembele), Silva

This was a tough match. We fell behind early doors and then Mahrez had a goal disallowed for them however 2 quickfire goals put us ahead including a fine strike from Max Aarons and we held on to win. Mbappe also had one disallowed.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes (Varela), Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali (Longstaff), Palacios, Mbappe*, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva

Our first draw in the league this season. This match had 2 really notable moments. Firstly Liverpool got their first goal when Donnarumma booted the ball off Mane and the ball bounced into the net and secondly Kylian Mbappe scored a wonder goal as he took the ball in his own half and beat several players before finishing superbly.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
norwich.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (Longstaff), Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva*

We are comfortably through to the next round here as we hammer Norwich. I contemplated resting a few players but decided against it in the end as my backups will be playing the next match. Silva got a double, Godfrey scored against his old side, Mbappe had one chalked off and Mejbri came off the bench to get 2 assists.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
aston.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes*, Lascelles, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri, Fati, Pinamonti

Into the final we go and we will go up against Spurs - the only side to beat us this season.

--

SUMMARY

As ever January was a busy month with games coming thick and fast and the transfer window being open. On the field we did very well and kept up our good form despite dropping points against Liverpool and we end the month 7pts clear with 2 games in hand - it is ours to throw away really. In the cups we reached the final of the Carabao Cup by knocking out Aston Villa while in the FA Cup we easily beat Wycombe and Norwich to set up a tie with Blackburn in the next round.

As for transfers I loaned out a few players and signed a regen (no screenshot required yet lol) but I recalled Federico Valverde and sold him to Brighton for nearly £17m for a quick profit having got him for nothing in the summer. I acted because the bank balance was running low so I hoped that this would tide me over.

I also sold Kevin Mbabu to Eintracht Frankfurt for an initial £23m rising to £28m which gives me a £10-15m profit. He was 28y/o, not getting a game and diminishing in his stats so I decided to cash in and after 116 games and 2 goals under me he moves on.

I obviously needed a replacement and I couldn't find one anywhere after spending an hour of searching and then after a cursory glance at my U23 side I realised I had a decent RB out on loan in my regen player Lee Briggs so I recalled him. He is no world beater but he will fill in until the end of the season. Valued at £10m though!
briggs.png

Finally I have arranged 2 pre-contract signings. One is a regen who will be a big part of my future plans and one is a player who I had on my shortlist from day one and will be a huge money spinning player and dare I say could even force his way into the reckoning...….

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA
SILVA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

Manager Moves

Everton appoint Eddie Howe as manager
Juan Carlos Vicens (who?) is Man City's interim manager

Transfers
transfers.png

Attachments

• 1579972314463.png
    1579972314463.png
    265 KB · Views: 81
Jesus Kai Havertz to United for some big money there. Look forward to seeing those 2 summer signings

It`s too easy, It`s too easy, congrats!

Normally when its too easy I get bored but I am loving it. I still have the Club World Cup to win and also win everything in one season and I want to manage internationally - I applied for the Finland job and got rejected lol - not that I would take it

1580027177521.png

Jock Rutherford
1902-13
Winger
334 apps, 92 goals

Rutherford won 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 Charity Shield while at Newcastle and upon leaving the club had a successful spell at Arsenal. He won 11 caps for England scoring 3 times.

--

FEBRUARY

man utd.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Briggs, Varela, Godfrey (Lascelles), Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva (Pinamonti)

We battered Man Utd here but somehow lost. I would be seriously ****** off but we have a big lead at the top of the table (4pts ahead with 2 games in hand) so I will put it down to one of those things. Lee Briggs made his debut here.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Briggs, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell*, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva (Pinamonti)

Easy. That's all lol. Apart from the fact that Sancho picked up an injury and will be out for a few weeks.

--

city.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati (Dembele), Silva (Pinamonti)

Our final game in hand and it ends in defeat so that means we have a 7pt lead at the top with all things being level. It was double that at one point but I am not too concerned.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons (Briggs), Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (Bellingham), Mbappe, Mejbri*, Fati, Silva (Pinamonti)

We bounce back with a win as we dominated Palace. Hannibal Mejbri was in inspired form and ran the show in truth.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
barca.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Longstaff, Palacios, Mbappe*, Olmo (Bellingham), Fati, Silva

After beating Barcelona 5-2 and 4-0 last season I thought that that would be a one off (twice lol) but we add a 4-1 to the Barcelona drubbings list and hopefully that should be enough to see us through. Mbappe and Silva are having a huge battle in the race to become the clubs top scorer - Silva is 2 ahead.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey (Varela), Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe*, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati, Silva

What a win this is as we smash 5 past Chelsea and the Silva and Mbappe race to become top scorer continued here as they both scored twice again. The goal of the game however was from Ansu Fati as he powered home a shot from the corner of the area.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons (Briggs), Montes, Varela, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati (Sancho), Silva

We had a 2-0 lead here and threw it away so I am not happy and if Man Utd win their game in hand our lead will be reduced to 5pts. It was all over - it isn't now.

--

SUMMARY

We had a mixed month in February as we had some excellent results like a 4-1 victory away over Barcelona and a 5-2 win away to Chelsea but we also suffered defeat against the 2 Manchester sides and threw away a 2 goal lead to draw with Leicester. We still sit top of the table but our once huge lead could be whittled down to 5pts if Man Utd win their game in hand.

Kylian Mbappe was in inspired form this month and is chipping away at his transfer fee with his performances - imagine if I played him up front!!!! Fabio Silva also picked up a bit however Dani Olmo isn't having his best season.

Next month we have the Carabao Cup final and the youth intake of course.

Finally I forgot to mention last month that we signed Jean Pyerre on a free transfer and have since loaned him out to Santos. He is valued at over £30m and was signed to sell him on and make a huge profit - he wont be anywhere near the first team although he is good enough lol.
jp.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KYLIAN MBAPPE
mbappe.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
feb.png

Attachments

• 1580027060558.png
    1580027060558.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 94
1580043086397.png

John Anderson
1982-91
Defender
333 apps, 15 goals

Signed from Preston North End on a free transfer Anderson went on to become a stalwart for Newcastle and became a fans favourite. He currently commentates on every Newcastle game on the radio and won 16 caps for the Republic of Ireland.

--

Carabao Cup Final
spurs.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Lascelles, Varela, Chilwell, Longstaff, Palacios (Bellingham), Dembele, Olmo, Sancho, Silva*

We win the Carabao Cup with a win over Spurs. Going into the game I was without Godfrey, Montes, Renan Lodi, Mbappe, Tonali and Briggs so I am pleased that the players that came in didn't let me down.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
bburn.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Chilwell, Montes, Varela, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Palacios, Mbappe (Sancho), Olmo (Tonali), Fati, Pinamonti*

My reserves had a game the day before so I didn't have enough fit players and had to fill the bench with U18 no-hopers - I didn't even have a fit RB! Dani Olmo only lasted 10min as he picked up a knock, volleyed in the spectacular opener and immediately got substituted.

--

hudders.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons (Briggs), Varela (Lascelles), Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Palacios (Bellingham), Dembele, Mejbri, Fati, Silva*

Like the previous match we were insatiable in the first half as we fired 5 goals past Huddersfield but we took our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half disappointingly.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
lona.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Briggs, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali (Longstaff), Palacios, Dembele*, Mejbri (Bellingham), Fati, Silva

Now we didn't thrash Barcelona for the 4th game running but we did manage to put 4 goals past them and we go through 8-4 on aggregate. Ansu Fati is keeping Jadon Sancho out of the team at the moment due to his great form and he got a goal and 2 assists here but it was Karamoko Dembele who ran Barca ragged.

Just a thought for Lee Briggs. He started this season being shipped out on loan yet again but he took his chance at WBA and got recalled and is now starting in the Champions League against Barcelona lol.

--

man city.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe (Dembele), Mejbri, Fati (Sancho), Silva (Pinamonti)

Man City robbed us when they beat us earlier this season and they have robbed a point off us here as Sandro Tonali's sending-off cost us big time. We out shot them 26 to 8 such was our dominance but we weren't clinical enough.

This was the 4th match in a run of 7 consecutive home fixtures in all competitions.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
cup.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Longstaff, Palacios, Mbappe (Dembele), Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva*

We finally beat Man City this season as we dump them out of the FA Cup. Mbappe had a shocker as he missed a penalty but because it his him I refused to take him off and when he scored he was rated at 5.5 lol. After the goal it jumped up to 7.0 and I brought him off for Dembele who promptly scored with his 1st touch.

--

SUMMARY

March is over and overall it was a good month. In the league we went unbeaten and maintained our 5pt lead at the top but it was in the cups where we made our big exploits. Firstly we won the Carabao Cup for the 3rd time by beating Spurs 3-1 in the final and then we beat Barcelona 4-3 to reach the Champions League quarter-finals where we will play Arsenal. Finally we beat Man City 3-1 to reach the FA Cup semis and we will play Aston Villa of the Championship for the 2nd time in a semi this season.

The youth intake I thought was pretty average and we actually got a Basque player funnily enough. My highest rated player signed a deal and is worth £550,000 yet a player who is rated 1 star less is valued at £10.75m!!!!!! Go figure lol.
rees.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA
SILVA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MARCH.png

Manager Moves

Leicester City sack their manager Cristian Stellini​

1580061796421.png

VIDEO - Peter Beardsley Newcastle goals
Peter Beardsley
1983-87, 1993-97
Forward
324 apps, 119 goals

Beardsley was a phenomenal player. He was signed from the Vancouver Whitecaps for £150,000 originally and was part of the side that got promoted alongside Keegan and Waddle before leaving for Liverpool for £1.9m where he won a load of trophies. Kevin Keegan signed him when Newcastle returned to the Premier League a few years later from Everton for £1.5m and alongside Andy Cole he led Newcastle to a 3rd place finish. He won 59 caps for England, scoring 9 goals.

--

APRIL

2-1.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Longstaff, Dembele, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva (Pinamonti)

We won here but we weren't great and Spurs probably deserved a draw in truth. Sancho came back into the side, scored, got injured, and will be out for a couple of weeks lol.

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Briggs, Lascelles, Varela, Renan Lodi, Longstaff (Bellingham), Palacios, Dembele, Olmo (Rees), Fati, Silva*

Very nice. As you can see with the lineup I was missing my 1st choice back 4 plus Tonali, Mbappe and Sancho so to win so convincingly is very pleasing. Liam Rees came off the bench to make his debut.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
arsenal.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Longstaff*, Mbappe, Olmo, Fati (Dembele), Silva (Pinamonti)

We were ruthless here and scored 3 good goals to give us the advantage for the 2nd leg. Sean Longstaff scoring a double was a big surprise while Federico Chiesa came back to haunt us again with a late goal. Arsenal in truth deserved something from the game but they didnt thankfully.

--

brent.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Briggs, Varela, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali (Longstaff), Palacios*, Mbappe, Olmo, Fati (Dembele), Silva

A hard fought victory which came at a price as Ansu Fati got injured and will be out for the best part of a month. The victory secures Champions League football for next season and I have been given an initial transfer budget of £50m. That is decent enough considering we are currently £16m in debt lol. This summer will all be about departures anyway.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
2nd leg.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Bellingham), Olmo, Mbappe, Silva*

We make it into the semis and will play Man Utd when the tie comes around. Mbappe played on the left hand side for a change and grabbed a goal.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
villa.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Varela, Lascelles, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri, Mbappe, Pinamonti (Telles)

I took a risk and played my backups and they won through to make us reach the final. Longstaff put us ahead with a bullet of a long range shot and Fabio Telles got his 1st of the season to clinch the win.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Briggs, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali*, Palacios, Dembele (Sancho), Olmo (Mejbri), Mbappe, Silva

Jordan Pickford - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - mister short arms scored an own goal to get us level and we went on from there to win the match and confirm Everton's relegation.

Get it right up ye Pickford.

--

SUMMARY

We head into the final month of the season in a good position. In the league we have 4 games left and are 5pts clear with a game in hand so it is a matter of when and not if we win the league. Also as an added bonus we relegated Jordan Pickford and Everton right at the end of the month.

In the FA Cup we will play Liverpool in the final after we knocked out Aston Villa in the semis while in the Champions League we easily beat Arsenal over 2 legs to set up a semi against Man Utd.

I have noticed that my impregnable defence is no longer impregnable in the league. After keeping 14 clean sheets in our first 19 league games we have had only 2 since and have conceded in each of our last 8 league matches.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
tonali.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
april.png

Manager Moves

Leicester appoint Erik ten Hag as their new manager​

Attachments

• 1580061777949.png
    1580061777949.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 65
Most importantly once, in a match day programme, Beardsley was asked what he would do if he could be invisible for a day. He answered that he'd spend it standing by a pedestrian crossing pressing the button over and over.

1580149081672.png

Colin Veitch
1899-1914
Defender
322 apps, 49 goals

Veitch was arguably Newcastle's first star player. He won 3 league titles and 1 FA Cup while at the club and he earned 6 England caps. He was also a playwright, composer, conductor and producer in the theatre business!

--

MAY

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg

semi.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey (Varela), Chilwell, Tonali (Longstaff*), Palacios, Dembele (Sancho), Olmo, Mbappe, Silva

We take charge of the tie with a huge victory over Man Utd. Our first goal was a fluke as their keeper kicked the ball of Silva and it rolled into the net for his 40th of the season. Mbappe then missed a penalty but from the resulting corner Sean Longstaff scored to seal the win.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Bellingham), Silva (Pinamonti)

We are 1 win away from retaining the title now as Karamoko Dembele's goal got us the points.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2-2.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Briggs, Varela, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Longstaff, Mbappe*, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Dembele), Silva (Pinamonti)

We reach the final but make no mistake - Man Utd battered us here. Mbappe got his 30th and 31st goals of the seasons to see us through while Pinamonti had one disallowed and Donnarumma crucially saved a penalty when we were 2-1 down. We will play PSG in the final.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Briggs, Varela, Lascelles, Renan Lodi, Longstaff (Rees), Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri, Fati, Pinamonti (Telles)

CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!!

We were announced as champions before the match so I decided to throw out my backups and we got beat lol. Fabio Telles missed a few golden opportunities to bring us level.

--

BURNLEY.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Varela, Lascelles, Renan Lodi*, Longstaff, Palacios, Dembele, Mejbri (Rees), Fati, Pinamonti (Telles)

--

forest.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Briggs, Varela, Lascelles, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri (Rees), Fati, Pinamonti (Telles)

Meh - An end of season game that meant nothing although Renan Lodi volleyed in from 25 yards which surely will be goal of the season.

--

FA Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva (Dembele)

We win the FA Cup but it wasn't pretty as Liverpool were the better side. We started off well but soon faded and were fortunate to still be level after an hour which is the time I usually make my subs. This time I made all 3 and shortly after Palacios scored a fluke to put us ahead. Mbappe rounded things off and Liverpool's reply came too late.

This win means we have won every domestic trophy available to us this season - let the dominance begin!

--

UEFA Champions League Final
psg.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons (Pinamonti), Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali*, Palacios (Bellingham), Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva

We retain the Champions League but by god we were lucky!!!! It was an even match and they took the lead when Paul Pogba fired in from the edge of the area. They held the lead until the hour mark when Sancho levelled with a great individual effort (he scored 2 in last seasons final) but when Ousmane Dembele powered in a long range effort late on it was game over. But no!!! We levelled when Andreas Christensen put the ball into his own net to take us to extra-time and then penalties. Christian Eriksen missed for them and we scored all ours and it was Sancho who struck the winning penalty.

--

SUMMARY

We finish the season by winning al the remaining competitions which means we win everything this season. We got over the line in the league but it was a damp squib and in the final games I played my backups and it was pretty boring tbh although Karamoko Dembele excelled.

In the FA Cup we beat Liverpool in the final 2-1, slightly fortunately, and in the Champions League we were much more fortunate as an 89th minute own goal rescued the match for us and we won the game on penalties.

All trophies won - now for the Club World Cup (hopefully lol).

End of season post to come

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KARAMOKO DEMBELE
dembele.png

Attachments

• 1580149004046.png
    1580149004046.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 1580149082674.png
    1580149082674.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
1580161408972.png

END OF SEASON REVIEW

A perfect season. We were immense and won all trophies available to us so I cant complain about that! We won the league with 3 games to spare and by 5pts despite dropping 5pts in our last 3 games as we consolidated ourselves as the best team in the country. That was compounded by the fact we won the Community Shield against Man City, beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final and Spurs in the Carabao Cup final!!!!!

We also won the European Super Cup against AC Milan and then moved on to the Champions League where we excelled and won that, albeit luckily, against PSG as we edged them out on penalties.

The only disappointment was the fact that there was no Club World Cup! What gives? Apparently it is next year but who knows.

This summer has the European Championships and I hope to be an international manager by the time next season starts!!

--

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

dembele.png

We win the league - Everton got relegated - perfect lol. Shout out to Southampton who finished 5th. Arsenal sacked Vladimir Weiss at the end of the season while Bristol City, West Ham and Aston Villa are coming back up.

Thomas Tuchel left PSG to become Man City's new manager.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

SQUAD.png

SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers - Gianluigi Donnarumma had a superb first season although it was split into 2 halves. For the first half of the season he quite simply refused to be beaten but in the 2nd half we kept on conceding a goal a game pretty much although that wasnt just down to him. Freddie Woodman played twice and won the Community Shield while doing so lol.

Defenders - They were all solid although Ibraimo Varela particularly impressed when called upon and should probably be starting but who for? Ben Chilwell was decent but Renan Lodi really impressed when he was picked and everything was decent here tbh. Arguably the story of the season was the rise of Lee Briggs who came from nowhere to become my backup right back in January and played a few games and is a wonderkid apparently.

Midfielders - At CM it was the same old story - Palacios and Tonali were immense but didnt score enough snd actually my backup CM Sean Longstaff scored more than my first choice 2 combined while Bellingham came in and really impressed with chances created and assists.

On the left wing it was Sancho and Fati who did battle and they both got a fair run at it tbh and both got into double figures in goals scored. At AMC Dani Olmo did Ok but knowing how he can perform he was quite disappointing tbh and Hannibal Mejbri was OK in his place.

At RW it was all about Kylian Mbappe who despite being a natural striker scored 32 goals being played out of position and because he was being played out of position was my best player of the season although he did have some stinkers and missed a couple of penalties. Karamoko Dembele was his backup and he did well, getting into double figures for goals and generally impressed. How he only has 1 cap for England is beyond me.

Forwards - He struggled at the start of the season but in the end Fabio Silva netted 40 goals in all comps although with 22 league goals he scored 13 less than last season - he is still amazing though. Andrea Pinamonti came in on a free but was **** tbh although he did reach double figures. He wil be sold on in the summer for a huge profit while Fabio Telles came in on loan and was just used as a sub.

My Player of the Year
- Kylian Mbappe
My Young Player of the Year - Ibraimo Varela
Must Do Better - Dani Olmo
Donkey of the Year - Andrea Pinamonti

--

PLANS FOR THE PRE-SEASON

Its all about youngsters tbh. I can only envisage 2 first team players being sold and also Telles returning from his loan spell but I will promote from within and have a pre-contract deal lined up to replace Pinamonti. If Trent Alexander-Arnold became available at a decent price I may spend big bucks but otherwise it will be stocking up - I promise!!!

This season I found that I loaned out a few too many players so I want to either manage my loans a bit better or buy more regens lol​

Congrats on a cracking season bud. Looking forward to the window as always!!

1580243060045.png

SCOTLAND APPOINT KRIS STUART AS MANAGER...……………...

(BUT I TOOK IT INTO MY OWN HANDS)

Euro 2024 happened plus the Copa America and afterwards I went in for every single managerial job from Uruguay to Spain, Australia to Germany, Chile to France yet all I got offered was Denmark and Austria!!!!! Australia even preferred Kevin Muscat to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I looked at Scotland and seen that they didn't even qualify for Euro 24 yet Steve Clarke didn't get sacked so I saved the game, added a manager as Scotland, immediately retired and then went in for it and I got it thankfully.

I hate tampering with the natural way of the game but I thought that things were getting ridiculous so apologies if you think this hampers the story.​

View attachment 481554

SCOTLAND APPOINT KRIS STUART AS MANAGER...……………...

(BUT I TOOK IT INTO MY OWN HANDS)

Euro 2024 happened plus the Copa America and afterwards I went in for every single managerial job from Uruguay to Spain, Australia to Germany, Chile to France yet all I got offered was Denmark and Austria!!!!! Australia even preferred Kevin Muscat to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I looked at Scotland and seen that they didn't even qualify for Euro 24 yet Steve Clarke didn't get sacked so I saved the game, added a manager as Scotland, immediately retired and then went in for it and I got it thankfully.

I hate tampering with the natural way of the game but I thought that things were getting ridiculous so apologies if you think this hampers the story.​

So left Newcastle or you staying on as Toon as well as being the Scotland manager?

Have you got a poor in game rep? Surely with all the accolades you have won the top teams would be after you!