One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

1578118862137.png

VIDEO - Spurs 1-4 Newcastle - 2008

OCTOBER

sheff utd.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo, Almiron (Pavon), Silva (Morelos)

5 wins in a row now in the league and 4 of them have been clean sheets - things are looking very good. Allan Saint-Maximin's 1st goal was a solo goal as he ran from his own half to score.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Olmo*, Pavon (Dembele), Silva

Another win and another clean sheet. I am really pleased with how my team is playing at the moment. I was without a couple of players but Sean Longstaff stepped in and scored which was nice. The only disappointment was after scoring 4 in the 1st half we didn't add to our tally.

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
bayern.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes (Pankov), Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Pavon), Silva

Meh. This was always going to be a tough game and despite giving it a good go we lost. If we lose to them at home we need to get our **** into gear for the last 2 games.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios, Saint-Maximin (Pavon), Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron, Silva

The run continues. Hopefully this outstanding performance from Tonali (8.9) will kick start him into a fine run of form. To be fair he has improved greatly since the 1st month and he and Palacios have already struck up a partnership according to my coaches. In the 1st season beating Spurs away would be a great achievement but they are a mid table side at best and have just sacked Roberto Mancini.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
fylde.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Pankov, Bailly, Willems (Gibson), S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele*, Ivanusec, Pavon (Lee Kang-In), Morelos (Bozenik)

Out came my backups with debuts for Bailly and Gibson. Disappointed not to have scored more but I cant overly complain.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Pavon), Silva (Morelos)

A huge win and our 8th win in a row in the league as we finally beat Liverpool. On one hand we were very fortunate to win but on the other we played the last 20min with 10 men as Lascelles went off injured after I had made my 3 subs.

--

SUMMARY

Things are getting exciting in the North East!!!! We are in great form and sitting pretty at the top of the league with a 4pt lead over 2nd placed Man City and even more encouraging - a 14pt lead over Liverpool who we beat in the last game of the month. We will meet up again with them soon however as we will play them at Anfield in the Carabao Cup quarter finals.

In the Champions League our defeat against Bayern Munich means we are still doing OK but we will need to deal with Celtic and Shakhtar when we come up against them later on.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
tonali.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

Spurs appoint Marcelo Bielsa as their new manager​

1578140177378.png

VIDEO - Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle 2019 - Stunning Ritchie strike

NOVEMBER

bayern2.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Montes, Pankov, Chilwell (Willems), Tonali, Palacios, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo, Almiron (Pavon), Silva

An important win but Bayern still lead the group courtesy of their 2 away goals here. In the final minute St.Max went one on one with their keeper but screwed his shot wide.

--

bristolc.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Pankov, Chilwell (Willems), Tonali, Palacios, Dembele*, Olmo (Yedlin), Saint-Maximin, Silva (Morelos)

Despite playing most of the match with 10 men we won very easily here. Mbabu's sending-off was his 2nd of the season already while Dembele scored a hat-trick and is up to 6 goals for the season which is impressive for a backup winger. We have won 9 in a row in the league with 7 clean sheets in a row to boot!

-

wolves.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Montes (Bailly), Pankov, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios, Pavon, Olmo (Ivanusec), Saint-Maximin (Lee Kang-In), Silva

The wins and clean sheets keep on coming! I would have loved to have kept Dembele in the side but he came back from international duty injured so Pavon got a start and Lee Kang-In came onto the bench and then off it to score the clincher.

--

shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Montes, Pankov, Willems, S.Longstaff, Palacios, Pavon, Ivanusec*, Lee Kang-In, Morelos (Bozenik)

This win secures qualification from the group. Luka Ivanusec loves this competition and has 5 goals in it so far this season.

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles (Pankov), Chilwell (Willems), Tonali (S.Longstaff), Palacios, Pavon, Olmo, Saint-Maximin, Silva*

A superb scoreline but strangely enough not a good performance as we were heavily assisted by their keeper - Ramsdale - who had a rating of 4.7! Our clean sheet run in the league ends at 8 matches but our winning streak extends to 10.

--

SUMMARY

It just keeps getting better and better for us at the moment as we are winning every match pretty much. Even on the rare occasion where we don't turn up like against Bournemouth we still walk away with all 3pts. We go into the Christmas period 5pts clear of Man Utd so we have a bit of breathing space.

Peculiar happenings were happening with Allan Saint-Maximin though. He was playing RW naturally until the beginning of this month when all of a sudden he wasn't a natural anymore and was a natural LW. That coincided with Almiron and then Dembele getting injured so he actually did play on the LW lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
st max.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

nov.png

Every year I start with Newcastle in the beta and it ends up being along term save for me, but this year I started with Milan. Reading this makes me want to get back into my customary Newcastle save. Love some of the signings you've made.

1578251615710.png

VIDEO - Newcastle 5-1 Spurs 2015-16 - The game that made Rafa stay

DECEMBER

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Willems, Tonali, S.Longstaff (Ivanusec), Pavon, Olmo (Lee Kang-In), Saint-Maximin, Silva (Bozenik)

Our long winning run is over as Chelsea conquer us. They have some great young players and should be higher up the table than 7th in truth.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Pankov, Lascelles, Chilwell, S.Longstaff (Proper), Palacios, Pavon, Olmo (Ivanusec), Saint-Maximin (Lee Kang-In), Silva

1st versus 2nd here and we should have beaten them as we controlled the game throughout but Martial nicked an equaliser against the run of play. We are 4pts clear though.

--

celtic.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Pankov, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Ivanusec, Pavon, Olmo (Bozenik), Lee Kang-In, Morelos*

We were excellent here and every single player put in a great performance. Unfortunately Bayern also won so we finish as runners-up in the group.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell (Willems), Tonali, Palacios, Pavon, Olmo, Saint-Maximin (Almiron), Silva (Morelos)

A hard fought victory with Miguel Almiron scoring the winner as a sub as he returned from injury. The MOM? Jonjo Shelvey lol.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
pool.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell (Willems), Tonali, Palacios, Pavon (Almiron), Olmo (Ivanusec), Saint-Maximin*, Silva

Our hold of the Carabao Cup is over as Liverpool put us out with ease. They were excellent in truth and blew us away early doors. Silva pulled a goal back but we never really threatened after that until stoppage time when Saint-Maximin scored.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles (Pankov), Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios, Pavon (Almiron), Olmo (Ivanusec), Saint-Maximin, Silva

Crystal Palace are at the bottom of the league and we battered them here (29 shots to 4) without troubling the scoresheet too often.

--

watford.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Pavon), Olmo*, Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Silva (Morelos)

An entertaining affair. Silva missed a first half penalty while Watford had a goal disallowed just before Morelos powered in our 3rd.

--

5-2.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Ivanusec (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron* (Lee Kang-In), Silva

We end the calendar year by thumping Spurs. Miguel Almiron was excellent until he was forced off with an injury while Luka Ivanusec got a rare start in the league.

--

SUMMARY

We go into 2022 with our league title hopes still in a good place as we are 4pts clear at the top. We did lose to Chelsea but drew with Man Utd and won the rest of our league games so I just hope we can keep it going. Unfortunately Liverpool defeated us in the Carabao Cup so that was disappointing considering we won it the last 2 seasons.

We have received favourable draws in the cups as we have been paired with Oxford in the FA Cup and RB Salzburg in the Champions League!

I cant envisage much transfer business happening next month. One pre-arranged transfer will be incoming but I only have a £4m left so unless there are departures there wont be anyone coming in.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI OLMO
DO.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

Manager Moves

Everton sack Chris Wilder and appoint Pavel Vrba (who?)
Brighton sack Graham Potter and hire Rafa Benitez!!!!!
West Ham get rid of Pellegrini

Still going well mate and glad the signings have all settled in well.

Over 1/2 way through season and 4 point gap is very impressive for your 3rd season

1578344040582.png

VIDEO - Man City 0-2 Newcastle - Carabao Cup 2014

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round
oxford.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Pankov, Bailly, Willems, S.Longstaff (Proper), M.Longstaff, Dembele, Ivanusec, Pavon (Cherki), Morelos (Bozenik)

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali (S.Longstaff), Palacios, Dembele (Lee Kang-In), Olmo, Pavon*, Silva

Sheffield United are now bottom of the table and we despatched them easily here despite falling behind.

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali (S.Longstaff), Palacios, Lee Kang-In, Olmo (Ivanusec), Pavon, Silva (Bozenik)

A bad day at the office. Brentford were the better side and we were fortunate to come away with a point.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes*, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo (Ivanusec), Pavon (Lee Kang-In), Silva

I come up against the God that is Rafa Benitez and I beat his side 2-0. Tbh the scoreline was a tad unfair on Brighton.

--

watford.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell (Willems), Tonali, Palacios (S.Longstaff), Dembele (Almiron), Olmo, Pavon*, Silva

This should have been much more comfortable as we battered Watford but they somehow found themselves 2-1 up with about 20min to go. Fortunately my players dug in and got the 2 goals needed and Almiron even had a stoppage time goal disallowed. Man Utd drew so we move 4pts clear at the top.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
qpr.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Bailly, Pankov (Ljubicic), Willems, S.Longstaff*, M.Longstaff (Proper), Lee Kang-In, Ivanusec, Cherki, Morelos (Bozenik)

Through we go. I really want to give Cherki more game time and he came in and got a goal. Ljubici made his debut too. QPR are managed by Adrian Mutu lol.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo (Ivanusec), Pavon (Almiron), Silva (Morelos)

Its about time that Man City got a result against us and they made the most of it here. We missed so many great chances in the 1st half and were made to pay. Man Utd drew with Liverpool so its not all bad.

--

SUMMARY

Lots going on in January with HUGE transfer news and news off the field as well as all the drama that occurred on the pitch. So firstly the news off the field and the board have agreed to improve all the youth and training facilities as well as increase the stadiums capacity by 7,000.

Now onto matters on the pitch. We weren't at our best and dropped points to Brentford before losing against Man City but we won our other matches and our lead at the top of the table is now 3pts. In the FA Cup my backups defeated Oxford and QPR and have set us up with a tie against Chelsea.

Now for transfers and I let a few U23 players go out on loan and also Bozenik who joined Fiorentina until the end of the season on deadline day for a £1.3m fee - more than what I paid for him lol.

But the huge news is that Allan Saint-Maximin is no longer with us. Real Madrid came in with a £60m offer and I chanced my arm and asked for £76m and they accepted. Now I didn't want to sell him but the money was too good to turn down and with Dembele, Almiron, Lee Kang-In and Pavon I felt I could afford to sell him. In 109 games he scored 50 times for me. Sad to see him go.

So with over £60m burning a whole in my pocket and with a league title to go for I obviously spent big to strengthen us?

Nope!!! I brought in 2 strikers on loan and paid £1.1m on a young CB lol.

The deal for Vojislav Ljubicic was arranged in the summer so I didn't even have to arrange that lol. I beat Man City to get him and he made his debut in the cup this month. Hopefully he will develop.
ljubicic.png

So onto the strikers. Folarin Balogun was brought in on deadline day to replace Bozenik. He will mainly play for my U23s and is just here for cover.
fb.png

Now I wouldn't have completed the Balogun signing if my other loan signing came through first and that is for 19y/o Brazilian kid Fabio Telles. I found him on a player search on deadline day and didn't want to pay the £15m fee until he was scouted but I chanced my arm on a loan deal and here he is. He looks a proper, proper player.
telles.png

So why didn't I spend the money? Well I am taking a risk and hoping that we have enough quality to see out our title challenge and hopefully it will give me a much bigger transfer budget for next season. Last summer I had to penny pinch a bit so I want to be able to do deals without so much restrictions this summer and I have already agreed a pre-contract deal with a good player.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CRISTIAN PAVON
pavon.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

Manager Moves

Watford sack Fetih Terim and appoint him with Paulo Sousa
Pedro Martins takes over at West Ham

Transfers
transfers.png

Attachments

• brighton.png
    brighton.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Well you've got a good selection of wingers but sad to see ASM leave, certainly a talent. Have you got a future fee agreed for Telles?

1578385416627.png

VIDEO - Newcastle 6-2 Norwich 2015-16 - Wijnaldum scores 4

FEBRUARY

norwich.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Bailly, Pankov (Ljubicic), Chilwell, Tonali*, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Dembele, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron, Silva

We move 5pts clear at the top with this win. Despite missing a few players we dominated and should have won by 3 or 4 but as it was we just edged it and they even had a goal disallowed.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
RBS.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu*, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Silva

A nice victory which all but secures our place in the quarter-finals.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes (Pankov), Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Pavon), Olmo*, Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

What a comeback!!!! At 2-0 down we were dead and buried but the moment when Almiron pulled one back I was quietly confident that we would get something and we surely did as my 2 attacking subs - Morelos and Pavon - scored to give us a great win given the way the game went. Very encouraging.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu*, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Almiron (Pavon), Silva (Morelos)

--

SUMMARY

Another month is gone and we are still in pole position in the league as we have a 5pt lead at the top. The loss of Saint-Maximin hasn't been felt as Pavon and Dembele have stepped in and done great with Dembele particularly impressing. In the Champions League we beat Salzburg 3-0 so have one foot in the quarter-finals.

I received 2 interesting transfer offers during the month from 2 Chinese sides - £45m for Ivanusec and £35m for Pavon. If these came in the summer I would have considered it but I cant afford to let them go just now so they are staying put.

Next month could be make or break as we play Chelsea in both the league and cup, Man Utd away, Salzburg and high flying Wolves.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KEVIN MBABU
MBABU.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
feb.png

Attachments

• 1578385420165.png
    1578385420165.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
Well you've got a good selection of wingers but sad to see ASM leave, certainly a talent. Have you got a future fee agreed for Telles?

His minimum release fee is £15m - hopefully I will give him a game or two before the end of the season

1578401301530.png

VIDEO - Newcastle 4-2 Chelsea 1994-95

MARCH

FA Cup 5th Round
chelsea.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles (Pankov), Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Pavon (Lee Kang-In), Silva (Morelos)

Our hold of the FA Cup is over as Chelsea knock us out. We were terrible in the 1st half and defensive errors proved costly. We can concentrate on the league title now I suppose but it is still a bitter disappointment. Lee Kang-In scored a wonder goal to no avail.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Montes (Pankov), Lascelles, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Lee Kang-In (Cherki), Ivanusec, Pavon, Silva (Telles)

Meh. I didn't have high hopes for this match considering we were without 6 first choice players and although we kept it tight for a long while there was only going to be one winner. Our lead is reducded to 2pts and Man Utd are amazingly still unbeaten in the league.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
rbs.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Bailly, Pankov, Willems, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Lee Kang-In*, Ivanusec (Lascelles), Pavon (Cherki), Telles

We sail through to the quarter-finals thanks to 2 goals from outside the area by Matty Longstaff and Lee Kang-In. Fabio Telles wasnt really impressive unfortunately. This game came at the perfect time as I got to rest my first team players before the international break and our upcoming game against Chelsea.

--

chelsea3-1.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele*, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Pavon), Silva (Morelos)

A huge, huge win and a richly deserved one too as we dominated Chelsea and gained swift revenge on our cup exit. Palacios got us under way and then Lincoln equalised but it was a stunning goal from Karamoko Dembele that was the highlight and Morelos rounded things off.

--

SUMMARY

March was a struggle for us and a really disappointing month. We started off by being dumped out of the FA Cup by Chelsea and followed that up by losing to Man Utd to cut our lead at the top to just 2pts. We then picked up a bit and comfortably beat RB Salzburg before winning a huge game against Chelsea.

We go into the penultimate month of the season still battling it out on 2 fronts although the Champions League isn't really a realistic priority at the moment. Our run in is OK fixture wise although we do have to play Liverpool away and Arsenal at home.

In the Champions League we have been drawn against Man City in the quarter-finals which should be interesting!!

The youth intake was a joke and an embarrassment. Shocking.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEE KANG-IN
LKI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
table.png

Manager Moves

Crystal Palace sack Thomas Frank and appoint Chris Wilder​

Fingers crossed you need the silver polish again come the end of the season! ?

Hopefully get the title wrapped up and see how Telles gets on. Has he been playing U23 or anything?

1578428311350.png

VIDEO - Everton 1-3 Newcastle - 1995/96

APRIL

bristol c.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Montes, Lascelles, Gibson, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Lee Kang-In), Olmo, Almiron, Telles*

It had been over 20 days since our last match and we returned here with Mbabu suspended, Silva injured for 3-4 weeks and without my 2 first team left backs so in came Yedlin, Gibson and Telles and it was Telles who stole the show as he grabbed a hat-trick. The league could well be decided on goal difference so a 5 goal increase is great.

Even better - Man Utd drew so we are now 4pts clear at the top!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
man city.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu (Pankov), Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (S.Longstaff), Dembele, Olmo, Almiron (Pavon), Morelos

Fantastic!!!! I jumped up in the air when Montes scored the winner in stoppage time as it gives us a slender advantage for the 2nd leg. Their away goal is a huge worry though. Telles was unfit so Morelos came in.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell (Willems), Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Pavon), Telles

Pathetic!!!! Only Sandro Tonali comes out with any credit as we just didn't perform and Liverpool won easily. Our lead at the top is now cut down to just 1pt.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
city2.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Pavon (Lee Kang-in), Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron, Telles (Morelos)

From one terrible performance and result to another as Man City dump us out of the Champions League. We barely threatened and they had 29 shots to our 8. The scorer of their 1st goal was a regen striker who they beat us to sign. Gutted.

Seriously getting worried about my players bottling it now!

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu*, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Ivanusec), Olmo, Almiron (Pavon), Telles (Morelos)

I don't know yet how important Dani Olmo's late winner will turn out to be for us but it seems like a pivotal moment against a decent Wolves side. We werent great but we dug out the win. Almiron went off injured and his season his effectively over. Man Utd didn't play so we are 4pts clear but they have a game in hand now.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell (Willems), Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Lee Kang-In), Olmo*, Pavon (Silva), Telles

Again we weren't great, again we dug out the win, and again it was Dani Olmo who struck the only goal of the game. Even better - Man Utd drew 2-2 with 10 man Sheffield United so we are now 6pts clear having played a game more! This win secured Champions League qualification and I have an initial transfer budget of £90m which is a bit lower than I was expecting.

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Dembele*, Olmo, Pavon, Telles (Silva)

We are 9pts clear now - but Man Utd have 2 games in hand. We have 3 games to play - its going to be close!

--

SUMMARY

We are on the brink!!!!

We go into the final month 9pts clear at the top with unbeaten Man Utd having 2 games in hand. We could arguably lose 1 game and still win the title but I don't want to chance that. Our final 3 games are Arsenal at home, Burnley away and Southampton at home while ManUtd have a tougher time of it as they are up against Bristol City, Spurs, Man City, Watford and Chelsea.

Surely we cant **** this up!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI OLMO
lmo.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
april.png

Last edited:
1578435383228.png

VIDEO - Burnley v Newcastle 1974 - FA Cup semi

MAY

arsenal.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Dembele, Olmo, Pavon (Telles), Silva (Morelos)

Oh ****!!!! This wasn't meant to happen!!! Arsenal do the double over us as they beat us here. We weren't great but deserved a point which is all we really needed but not now. Man Utd won 2-1 so they will go level with us on points if they win their 2 games in hand and although we have the better goal difference, it is only by 3 so we have to rely on them slipping up now.

Man Utd 2-1 Bristol City

--

Spurs 0-1 Man Utd

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Ivanusec (M.Longstaff), Dembele, Olmo, Pavon*, Silva (Telles)

We did what we had to do here. Man Utd play after us here so we just had to win to pile on the pressure and we did so. I hope Burnley's last minute goal wont come back and haunt us!

--

Man City 1-1 Man Utd

Man Utd 3-0 Watford

We go into the final game like so...…..
pt.png

We have the advantage!!! A point will do if Man Utd win by 2 goals or less. A defeat and its out of our hands. Victory brings glory.

--

THE FINAL DAY

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu*, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali (S.Longstaff), Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Pavon (Ivanusec), Silva (Telles)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

We knew what we had to do and we did it in style. We battered Southampton here but it took a great first time volley from Palacios to break the deadlock. Olmo scrambled in the 2nd and Mbabu wrapped it up with his first of the season and it was a sensational strike in itself!

Man Utd 1-0 Chelsea

--

SUMMARY

Well we did it!!! Despite Man Utd going the whole league campaign unbeaten we managed to pip them to the post and win the league by 2pts. Our month started off poorly as we lost at home to Arsenal but we recorded back to back victories which was enough to secure our first Premier League title.

AMAZING!!!!!!

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KEVIN MBABU
mbabu.png

Last edited:
Well done mate! Always going to be hard for Man Utd with 5 games to fit in but you did what you had to do and coped with the pressure!

Looking forward to seeing how you strengthen in the summer and what targets you are expected to reach next season.

Also, good to see Telles get a game and hit a hattrick although seemed to cool off just as quickly

Congrats on winning the league!

As per Brane mentioned above, It will be interested to see how you strengthen, The core of your team is young and full of potential!

Well done mate! Always going to be hard for Man Utd with 5 games to fit in but you did what you had to do and coped with the pressure!

Looking forward to seeing how you strengthen in the summer and what targets you are expected to reach next season.

Also, good to see Telles get a game and hit a hattrick although seemed to cool off just as quickly

Cheers. I am planning a bit of an overhaul tbh. Got an "elite" player coming in on a free but other than that nothing is planned. I would like more English players in the squad and got my eye on one or two.

As for Telles - I dunno. He got his hat-trick against relegation fodder and did **** all after that however he was up against Liverpool and Arsenal. Might see what is out there 1st.

Congrats on winning the league!

As per Brane mentioned above, It will be interested to see how you strengthen, The core of your team is young and full of potential!

Ta. My first XI is pretty settled - maybe I could strengthen at CB in place of Lascelles (love Montes although Lascelles out performed him lol). Wingers are up for debate although Dembele came onto a game and is still only 19.

1578491202429.png

END OF SEASON POST

Season 3 is done and it was a monumental season as we won our first Premier League title and also collected the FA Community Shield. Our title triumph was something special as we finished 2pts clear of Man Utd who despite going through the whole league campaign unbeaten couldn't topple us. We went top in week 5 and remained there for the rest of the season despite never running away with it.

Amazingly in losing 6 games that was the same as our first season and one more than last season - yet we win the league!

In the cups we were eliminated in the quarter-finals in the Carabao Cup and Champions League while in the FA Cup we reached the 5th round. Our cup exploits wasn't as good as previous seasons but if that's the price to pay for a league title then so be it!

Everything is looking rosey off the field too. The stadium is getting expanded and apparently the clubs debts are being covered due to improved finances (the sale of Saint-Maximin probably being the main cause lol) so we are in a better position financially.

However...............
tycoon.png

This was literally rumoured, transfer embargoed and completed in 3 days!!!! The initial one said he was a tycoon but on taking over he hasn't invested anything in the club so **** knows. Apparently it was a £922m takeover - Mike Ashley must be gutted after selling the club for £330m lol.

--

PREMIER LEAGUE FINAL TABLE
ft.png

Man City sack Guardiola and Southampton sack Ralph Hasenhuttl
Jurgen Klopp resigns as Liverpool manager.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

squad.png

squad 2.png

Goalkeepers - Same as last season. Onana played every match and Woodman didn't get a look in lol.

Defenders - Captain Lascelles led the way admirably and picked up 2 goals while he got a new partner in Cesar Montes and the Mexican did very well. Radovan Pankov was another newcomer and equitted himself well while at full back Kevin Mbabu was outstanding although he did get sent-off twice. Ben Chilwell came in at left back and had an OK season.

Midfielders
- I had a new young partnership in central midfield in the shape of Palacios and Tonali. Both were outstanding however Tonali didn't score a single goal while Palacios only got 3 - that must improve. The 2 Longstaff brothers took a back seat. All my wingers got plenty of games. Saint-Maximin was on fire before being sold to Real Madrid for £76m but Karamoko Dembele replaced him brilliantly and the 19y/o had a breakthrough season.

Dani Olmo at AMC was sensational and his form at the end of the season pretty much carried us to the title as he scored some crucial goals. Ivanusec hardly got a sniff in truth but was the Champions League top scorer with 5 goals which was strange.

Forwards - For the 1st half of the season Fabio Silva was on fire however his form fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season and ended up scoring 12 goals less than last year. He did win the European Golden Boy award though. Morelos did well when called upon while Telles came in on loan and did OK.

--

AIMS FOR THE SUMMER

Naturally I want to improve the squad and if I can bring in a few English lads into the squad that would be nice. I am planning on selling a few backups so it should be interesting.​

Attachments

• 1578491182019.png
    1578491182019.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 75
Title winners! Congrats! The big boys will reload and come straight back, can't wait to see how you reload!

Thank you for keeping this fantastic story going! Really enjoying it!!

Major irritation - I forgot to do the real name fix again so the German national team isn't working. That is ******* annoying.

If I fix it again will it come back in game?

Or in time will the senior team be regens?

Anyone know?

Still carrying on with the save though. Almost at the start of the new season and it has been a crazy summer so far!