filipe_18

Reaction score
One on One misses

Has anyone noticed that on fm 2011 theres a lot of one on one misses. I'm playing Napoli, and on most of the games my players are missing 9-10 chances in front of the keeper. Not only with Napoli, but with most teams i play. Does that happen to you too?

Last edited:
On my FM11 demo career, yes, happened alot, especially with Liverpool.

No not really. I'm assuming you have patched your game? Personally my team only miss 1 or 2 one-on-ones each game. Nothing unrealistic.

Happen to me too. In a match against Getafe both teams got 5 CCCs and we lost 4-0. Also when I draw/lose without scoring I usually have at least 4 CCCs. Annoying as ****.

YES Andy Carrol throws away like 3-4 chances i find myself in a state of disbelief. i mean when your like 2-3 up then it don't matter bu t when your on the counter against Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea then it bugs me soo much. Grr..
i know this mite not relate but it sort of dose
i HATe/ when a great chance falls to like a fall back and they just smash it over.. :mad:

Yes it happens with most team and people. Sadly nothing you can do about it but maybe teaching 'place shot' will help a bit.

i have the latest patch and would agree, players miss far too many, like sometimes round the keeper but dont shoot

I had a game the other day where I had 24 shots with 17 on target 8 CCC 3 1/2 chances 1 Woodwork 2 blocked. The opposing GK had 13 saves and it ended 0-0.

Its very frustrating when the game just decides you are not going to win. 11.2.1 by the way.

Having shots and CCCs does not mean you should win. Really, they do not matter. Goals matter. Football is not always fair - and that is why we love it. If the strongest team on paper always won there would be no point to it.

Having shots and CCCs does not mean you should win. Really, they do not matter. Goals matter. Football is not always fair - and that is why we love it. If the strongest team on paper always won there would be no point to it.
Is it really true that CCC's and shots dont matter because I have never seen a football magically teleport itself into a goal all by itself. Its always put there by a player in some way that is executing the skills and tactics they were trained in.

But on the other hand, whats the point of creating and perfecting tactics and then going out and getting players that fit into the roles of your tactics and then choosing a suitable line up based on form, and condition, researching your opponents by reading scouting reports and making in game adjustments due to changing game conditions if shots and chances dont matter.

You are correct about the goals. Coaching any sport, your purpose as a coach is to teach tactics and skills that put your players in a position to score.The question being raised is whether there is an abnormal number of times that after you do put them in position to score, that they fail to do so. If chances and shots and 1 on 1's dont matter why dont all the players just line up at the beginning and flip a coin to see who wins.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but FM11 is a game. It is meant to be an enjoyable way to pass off some free time. I dont think it is SI's intentions to make it feel like all the effort and planning I do during my free time playing their game is a waste. It would be my assumption that their intentions was to make a game that I would want to buy and replay a lot and then when their next game came out, I would want to buy it also. It is possible that there is a bug that somehow makes the game behave this way and if that is the case maybe it will be addressed in the next patch, but just writing this kind of thing off as "the best team on paper doesnt always win" seems a bit short sighted when I have done my job as a coach and put my team in position to score as many times as I did in the game I mentioned before. But right now it seems to me that there are an alarmingly high number of times that my "best team on paper" fails to convert their chances into actual goals and more like the actual strategy and player decisions I make have no effect on the games outcome.

To actually be honest though, I was just glad that I didnt lose the game because my GK kicked a ball off the back of one of my centerbacks heads into our own goal. (and yes I have had that happen in game too)

This has been a problem for me too..im playing with patch 11.2. the problem is that the player never rounds the keeper. He always shoots straight at the goalkeeper/shoots wide.

I was just making a point. I meant that they don't matter in the context of the game. Of course they have to happen for goals to occur, but because you are having more does not mean you 'should' win.
How is saying the best team on paper doesn't always win short sighted? It is the truth. Football matches aren't played on paper. Football is a hard game. It is beautiful in it's simplicity. But even with it's simple objective, there is enormous tactical depth to the game. That is why the best set of players do not always win.

We are starting to get off topic ;)

There was the same issue in FM10...basically, there are too many 1 on 1 chances, so to compensate they have to make sure the strikers don't always bag them.

This really grinds my gears, I'm managing Ukraine in the World Cup 2018, and my 2 world-class strikers missed 4 one on ones, and at least we scored twice in extra time to get to the Quarter finals *phew*

And by the way why does Germany fail as a team in FM2011?