One Team, One Ambition.... One City

I have to complement you on the pictures matey, they are fantastic!, Also I just did a couple more updates on mine if you dont mind checking them out and giving some feedback. Whens your next post? look forward to it!

I have to complement you on the pictures matey, they are fantastic!, Also I just did a couple more updates on mine if you dont mind checking them out and giving some feedback. Whens your next post? look forward to it!

Cheers mate. I will update later and will write up on yours when I do too. Just busy in game at the moment

Good start, love the layout and the graphics are fantastic. I can see you've gone to a lot of effort, keep it up. I'm following

Hey guys have had to change my Pre-Season tour as I accidently deleted the USA one and I couldnt get the clubs to agree again, were now going to Turkey... The lads were disappointed lol! I think they wanted to play 'Soccer' lol

Romulo Signs For City

18th July 2012 - Guardiola Household

It had been a tough day today, the lads had been through some rigorous fitness training which was made even more unenviable due to the hot sun beaming down on them. All the lads however showed great willingness and determination during the days exercises and I am happy that each one has the desire to play for this club. I made them aware that all the training that we have been doing and all the hard work which they had been putting in regards to their stamina and fitness woud pay off within the season as we should be able to out run and out last our opponents. I have also recalled Pablo Zabaleta back into my office and explained that I have had a change of heart and that I see his future in my squad. I have seen him train and how he is with the rest of the squad especially with A
güero and Tevez and I feel that he has something which the team needs. He has also been showing some impressive leadership qualities as of late. New signing Dedé has also impressed me with his sheer physicality and dominance in the air. Tomorrow I am going to use him whilst we complete set-piece training. I feel his presence in the air will benefit the team greatly. It had been a good day but I was relieved to be out of the scorching sun and back at home.

It was about half past nine and I was watching a programme where three men were trying to sail there cars accross the English Channel, English TV is slightly strange.
Cristina who had been decorating the house had gone off to bed and the kids were all tucked up too. I felt myself slipping off intothe land of nod but before I fell into a a deep sleep still lying on the sofa my phone vibrated on the side. "Great" I sighed as the noise had dislodged me from my relaxed state. I saw on the screen that It was Mansour on the other end. I knew it would have to of been something important as it was quite late. "He..Hello" I stammered down the phone stretching my back out. "Pep, Just to inform you Rômulo has agreed terms and will be flying in as soon as he can for a medical. Somehow the press have got hold of the story so expect the media to be hounding you at training tomorrow. If you deal with your normal day to day activities I will ensure the medical is sorted and then bring him to you if everything runs smoothly with the physios and doctors." I flashbacked to when the clubs chief scout Gary Worthington first told me about Romulo. He came to Worthington's attention whilst Worthington was scouting Dedé at Vasco da Gama. Rômulo had linked up well with his countryman and impressed Gary so much that he filed a report on both players. After watching various video's along with Brian Kidd we both agreed that he too was a talent we would like to have in the squad. Vasco da Game were keen not to lose too talismanic players but eventually held the white flag up when the player himself stated he wanted to leave the club. "That's fantastic news" I spluttered down the phone. "I just thought I'd let you know so you hear it from me and not the press, have a good night Josep" he ended the call with.

I smiled to myself in the mirror and did some sort of Samba styled dance thing which looked awful and something I won't be doing again. I yawned, whilst rubbing my eyes conceeding that it was now time for bed but at least now I could fall asleep knowing that I had pretty much wrapped up this summers transfer business. There is still one player which we are speaking to but It doesn't look too promising now.

scaled.php

Last edited:
Great post again, Top signings also, Like the Brazilian trend you have got going down in Manchester :)

Hope the other transfer works out for you and Romulo will be class. Could you include price for him in next update?

Pre-Season Tour Of Turkey Starts

scaled.php

As the air flight attendant pushed open the door to the aeroplane I immediately felt the heat hit me. The sun was beaming and strong and it's intensity made me reach for my sunglasses almost instantly. The heat would only be made even worse by the fact that myself, the coaching team and the players were all wearing suits. I could hear the groans of Brian Kidd behind as the heat hit him. "It's only forty-five minutes to the hotel" I said turning round and seeing him wipe his brow. He smiled and gave out a short sigh. It was only nine in the morning and I knew that the heat would intensify as the day went on.

It had taken twenty minutes to get our bags and we were now on our way to our hotel. Luckily the coach was air conditioned. I was sat next to Brian Kidd who had now removed his blazer and loosened his tie, we were talking about how beautiful the country around us was and that the weather had been the hottest we'd both experienced in a long time. The players were quiet on this leg of the journey, many with their I-pod headphones in listening to music. I may have to get some at this rate as it might discourage Brian from going on and on. I was sat one row in front of Joe Hart and Micah Richards who were palying against each other on some computer device. I didn't like to ask what it was as I thought it might show my age. They seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves though as both often fell into fits of laughter.

We arrived at our hotel around ten-fifteen, I gave the players until two o'clock to have some lunch and to relax due to the fact they had been up early for our flight. I grabbed a bite from the hotel restaurant before deciding on how to conduct this afternoon's training session. I sat inside my hotel room staying out of the sun thinking about the team and tactics.

Two o'clock arrived and we took a short coach ride to
the BJK İnönü Stadium, the home of Beşiktaş FC. We enjoyed a positive training session and I was pleased with how we coped in the heat of the sun and the concentration displayed. Denis Suárez who I had only recently called up to the first team looked competitive and seemed to be enjoying his chance with the senior squad, at only seventeen I am expecting a bright future for him. We fininshed off the day with a mini match which was a bit of fun. Balotelli was larking around with the ball at one point and tried a skills trick which ended up with him standing on the ball and falling on his behind. The lads were in hysterics, chanting and micky-taking. Luckily the Italian took it well and replied by spraying the team with a nearby water bottle. It seem's the comradery is there and I am pleased with just how together my boys are. I hope they can apply what we have learned in training and this togetherness in our first pre-season match which takes place tomorrow.

20th July 2012 - BJK İnönü Stadium
Pre-Season Friendly
- 15:00
Attendance: 11,390
Gusty 23°C (74°F)
Referee: Fahrettin Menekse

scaled.php

It was a tough, physical, intense match which showed vulnerability and weakness in a few areas of the squad. I fielded a strong squad with only one suprise inclusion which was Lorenzo Insigne. The young Italian played well and was keen to get stuck in. He played sixty-three minutes coming off as a substitute with a number of players due to faigue. Communication and concentration were the two key weakness' which were clearly evident in the match and we were lucky to keep a clean sheet throughout the match as todays defending was far from what I would call confident and clever defending. It suprised me that Vincent Kompany seemed to be the worst culprit today and I had to haul him off in the fifty-fifth minute. he knew within himself that he hadn't performed well and there was little resistance to come off when he saw his number hoisted up on the fourth officials board. His replacement
Dedé looked more positive at the back and his physical approach was far more present than that of Kompany's.

After such an uninpressive start the team started to ebb their way back into the game with the likes of David Silva and
Sergio Agüero taking more control of possession. It was due to Silva's hard work that we took the lead as he scurried forward through the middle of the pitch evading the opposition defence. He stopped just outside the penalty box and unleashed a shot which Rüştü Reçber was unable to hold. He spilled the Spaniards shot which fell into the path of the oncoming Mario Balotelli who smashed the ball into the netfrom around three yards out. The goal seemed to seep the determination out of the opposition and a gulf of class between the two teams opened up. We were now cruising and enjoyed the lions share of possesion. We scored a second goal late on which was cleverly set up by Aleksander Kolarov, the left back had been hovering over a freekick just outisde the Beşiktaş box when he calmly rolled the ball into the path of Rômulo who struck an excellent shot into the opposition goal from around twenty-five yards out. It was unexpected but executed with such skill, I never knew he had it in him as he is more defensively minded.

The game had been won and the lads looked happy but also tired. More work on fitness I think and also defending.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Rômulo came on and scored a screamer from distance. He also displayed maturity in the squad and displayed some fantastic first touches and passing.

Last edited:
Never seen this Romulo dude before - he any good?

Turkish Delight So Far For Guardiola

It had been a great tour so far, the lads had really gelled and I had become increasingly aware of my closeness to the squad. The players and the staff had really welcomed me and it felt like I had really become apart of Manchester City FC. Brian Kidd was as chatty as ever but there seemed to be more trust in the way he spoke to me. I definately valued his input and I wouldn't be anywhere as near ready in terms of squad evaluation without his help.

Training had been good and the lads looked to have taken confidence from the win against
Beşiktaş. It was a hard fought win and I now had to prepare my team for another physical battle against Bursaspor who like Beşiktaş play a very robust strong game. I had warned my team that they would have to use their strength and their wits when playing teams with such ferocity and power and that with determination, steely grit and cleverness we could overcome them. I also saw it as the perfect opportunity to slowly intergrate the so called 'tiki-taka' style training, with the reason being that the squad could out possess the opponent and avoid a clattering from the over zealous Turkish teams with short simple passing.

The training went well with David Silva, Yaya
Touré and Gareth Barry excelling in the playmaker role, each has a great blend of passing and each possess great vision. Sergio Agüero had been in scintilating form in training aswell and at times it seemed like he was about to burst at the seams due to his eagerness to play again. Neymar looked like he was starting to come into his element with some impressive displays of trickery and skills on show.

We were now steadily approaching a Premier League level of fitness from all our hard work in training, I felt we just lacked a bit of match practice and that the sharpness and communication needed some work. Bring on Bursaspor.

25th July 2012 -
Bursa Atatürk Stadium
Pre-Season Friendly - 20:00
Attendance - 15,902
Breezey
16°C (60°F)
Referee: Fehrettin Menekse

scaled.php

In contrast it had been a far better performance than the game against Beşiktaş who were far more of a physical challenge for us. Bursaspor seemed more keen to actually play football which ironically seemed to be their downfall. The Turkish side tried valiantly to match us ball for ball but they lost too much possession and surrendered the ball all too often from poor passing. Scott Carson who plays in goal for Bursaspor had plenty to do all afternoon and it wasn't long before he was plucking the ball out of his net after Sergio Agüero slotted in after just four minutes. It had been a well worked goal as he and Neymar played some neat passing between the Turkish sides defence. Neymar finished off a delightful move laying the ball on for Agüero to slide in from close range. The Bursaspor coach Ertuğrul Sağlam looked on shamefully as his side fell behind so quickly. It wasn't long before we had doubled the lead and again it was Agüero who grabbed the goal. This time he ran onto a David Silva through ball, beating the offside trap and unleashing a fierce shot past the helpless Carson. It was a beautifully taken strike.

The second half began and it was certainly made out to be
Agüero's day as after three minutes of the re-start he had claimed his hattrick. This time slotting in from a rebound off the post after Edin Dzeko's precise shot had ricocheted off it. He looked happy and ran over to hug me. He was certainly showing me his worth to the team. Especially after last season where he scored a lot aswell. I rang the changes again half way through the second half and it was Balotelli who again impressed as he strung the Bursaspor defence up with his clever runs and precise passing. He set up Agüero for his fourth goal and nearly grabbed one himself. I knew this match was fast becoming embarassing for the Turkish side and half expected a barrage of frustration from their players so I quickly withdrew Agüero fearing that if he got injured it would destroy my attacking plan for the season ahead. Bursaspor didn't become aggitated, they played desperately but without losing their cool. They grabbed a consolation too as they looked to get some comfort out of the game. Their left back Wederson climbed the highest at a rare Bursaspor corner and powered in a strong header. The game ended with one more goal for us, this time Carlos Tevez seizing a chance to grab his team a fifth goal which he easily did rounding Carson and slotting into an empty net. It had been a great day for us and I offered my counterpart Ertuğrul Sağlam my sympathies as we shook hands at the end of the game. One more match to go to ensure an unbeaten Pre-Season.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Scored not only four goals but looked lively, strong and versatile throughout the game. Linked up well with the players around him and bought the best out of them. His partnership with Dzeko looks promising and his eye for goal is second to none.

Last edited: