O'Neill set to take over at West Ham

Some say he's got a fettish for claret and blue kits and Jonathan Spector washes his car, others say he's mental in the head for taking the job. All we know is... he's called Martin O'Neill.

i hope West Ham win 5-0, just to show them :p

Plus, i want spurs to go above Arsenal anyway :p

Intriguing indeed! I feel bad for hoping West Ham go down, but I do nonetheless. Sorry Hammers.

Also, it's brilliant to think that Steve Sidwell is sitting at home crying in a corner of a room after reading about this. :D

Why would he be crying?

Bit strange as Grant has begun to turn things round recently, plus they have a great chance of getting to a cup final. Still O'neil would probably be a good apoointment.

Avram Grant's on his way back to Chelsea as Director of Football apparently.

Shame for Grant, as previously mentioned, things started to click. But thats football these days, it's a cut throat business. Good luck to Grant in the future. But I'm sure O'Neill will do a good job at the Hammers. Good luck to the club

God, if O'Neill managed to fall out with the relatively placid Lerner, I can't wait to see how long the peace lasts with the **** barons.

He is a legend in his own mind, the odious little ****.

Aston Villa to West Ham? :O Absolute career move.

He obviously thought he'd get a cue of big clubs begging him to be their manager but it hasn't happened. Wont be there long though. Gold and Sullivan could try the patience of a saint, so a cry baby like O'Neil wont last 5 mins.

The way West Ham have treated Avram Grant is absoluely disgusting and its the reason the West Ham board get a bad name. I don't want Grant turning up at Chelsea again as look what happend last time.

The way West Ham have treated Avram Grant is absoluely disgusting and its the reason the West Ham board get a bad name. I don't want Grant turning up at Chelsea again as look what happend last time.

He took you with in a whisker of the Champs league..?

Avram Grant did something Jose Mourinho, Scolari and Raneri couldn't do- Take Chelsea to a Champions League Final. And if it wasn't raining, he would of won it. For him to be sacked now, would be totally pathetic. He has an improving record, and probably will keep West Ham up.

It's not like West Ham were expected to finish top 6, was it?

Martin O'Neill thrives in a crisis, West Ham is the perfect club for him because he can build up the team and make them half decent again,

Avram Grant did something Jose Mourinho, Scolari and Raneri couldn't do- Take Chelsea to a Champions League Final. And if it wasn't raining, he would of won it. For him to be sacked now, would be totally pathetic. He has an improving record, and probably will keep West Ham up.

It's not like West Ham were expected to finish top 6, was it?

Oh get off, fair enough he was a kick away from winning the champions league but he is a poor manager. No motivation, looks glum, poor tactics. He isn't a good manager, only a cup manager which he thrives in.

Oh get off, fair enough he was a kick away from winning the champions league but he is a poor manager. No motivation, looks glum, poor tactics. He isn't a good manager, only a cup manager which he thrives in.

Get off... Yourself, He has won 4 out of last 8 now. and only lost 2. your west ******* ham, Not a good or top half side, You where always going to struggles as quite frankly your squad is a pile of wank compared to others. Avram has worked well with 2 idiotic owners, a fan base which demands good football, rather then Results, and a **** all squad. You could be on your way to Wembley and your form is improving so, who to say he wouldn't of or wont keep you up.

No Motivation or Tactics, He steadied a sinking ship at Chelski, Signalled by how bad his Successor Scolari did, He took them to 2nd in the league( a very good achievement), a European Cup Final and an extra time loss in the Carling Cup.... Now if that doesnt take Tactical Knowledge or Motivation what won.