O'Neill set to take over at West Ham

West Ham need to sort out there ridiculous wage bill if they're ever going to progress. The likes of Dyer, Benni McCarthy and Boa Morte need to be shown the door. These wages eat up any funds that could be used as investment in the squad. As for investment, failure to find some quality defenders has let them down, they haven't had a good rb since Lucas Neill and they played him at cb. Behrami and Faubert are really wingers and both big earners so they have too many wingers in Behrami, Faubert, Stanislas and Barrera yet they play Freddie Sears on the right hand side. However in his defence he's been pretty good there.

If the Hammers do stay up, they need serious investment in defence and centre midfield because after Noble and Parker, who've they got apart from Kovac. They certainly need a new right back because Spector is a bit error prone and anyone else that plays there is either a winger of a centre half. West Ham could have the potential to do well but this can not come about until they get rid of all that **** in there squad who eat up wages, this something I expect Martin O'Neill to do. I think that most of the high earners contracts are up this season.

Get off... Yourself, He has won 4 out of last 8 now. and only lost 2. your west ******* ham, Not a good or top half side, You where always going to struggles as quite frankly your squad is a pile of wank compared to others. Avram has worked well with 2 idiotic owners, a fan base which demands good football, rather then Results, and a **** all squad. You could be on your way to Wembley and your form is improving so, who to say he wouldn't of or wont keep you up.

No Motivation or Tactics, He steadied a sinking ship at Chelski, Signalled by how bad his Successor Scolari did, He took them to 2nd in the league( a very good achievement), a European Cup Final and an extra time loss in the Carling Cup.... Now if that doesnt take Tactical Knowledge or Motivation what won.
the problem isnt the managers its the players they have an overflated opinion of themselves thinking they are too good to go down, and they have no decent striker, and two big time charlie owners, who are linked with a series of ridiculous names, and then turn up with second rate players. I expect (and also hope, given the way the two managers have been treated) that they will go down

I 100% agree with Scott, it's wrong how he's been treated, a good manager who's had to deal with stupidly high ambitions from the West Ham fans, and they're owners.

Get off... Yourself, He has won 4 out of last 8 now. and only lost 2. your west ******* ham, Not a good or top half side, You where always going to struggles as quite frankly your squad is a pile of wank compared to others. Avram has worked well with 2 idiotic owners, a fan base which demands good football, rather then Results, and a **** all squad. You could be on your way to Wembley and your form is improving so, who to say he wouldn't of or wont keep you up.

No Motivation or Tactics, He steadied a sinking ship at Chelski, Signalled by how bad his Successor Scolari did, He took them to 2nd in the league( a very good achievement), a European Cup Final and an extra time loss in the Carling Cup.... Now if that doesnt take Tactical Knowledge or Motivation what won.

I agree with that bit especially.

606 phone in last night, there was some chump of a Hammers fan who instead of O'Neill wanted Slavan Billic (a man who has never managed a club team) with Di Canio as his assistant, and he even went as far as saying the following:

''I would be happier if we played good football under someone like Billic and go down than i would if we were grinding out boring draws under O'Neill and stayed up.''

Later he said this ridiculous statement:

''I would rather lose 5-4 to Chelsea with Billic at the helm than draw 1-1 with O'Neill in charge.''

I know it's not the opinion of all Hammers, but a lot that you hear on the radio/in the pub share similar deluded opinions about playing good football with a poor squad.

tbf Jake

606 only let retards through to speak, they say such outlandish things that it makes other people ring, money spinner. Same goes for there 606 'experts'.

Firstly Grant does need to go. He has no motovational skills and doesn't show passion (im not saying he is a bad manager), but Grant doesn't belong at West Ham who needs someone who will grab these players by the boloux and sort them out AKA Sam Allardyce.

We are bottom with only one premiership player (Scott Parker) the rest are a heap of **** for the premiereship, I think they will sack Grant because they can't aford to go down and lose out on their ****** "olympic dream". There are to many players over their on to big wages:

DYER - 70K
UPSON - 60K
PARKER - 75K
BOA MORTE - 50K

the list goes on.

There is something wrong with our club! the amount of injuries we have is a complete an utter discrace, look at the list:

Jacobson
Dyer
Hitzelperger
Parker
Noble
Piquionne
Gabbidon
Da Costa
Behrami
Ilunga
Collison

9/12 of these players would be in the first team if not injured !!

And Carlton Cole should be shot !!

Firstly Grant does need to go. He has no motovational skills and doesn't show passion (im not saying he is a bad manager), but Grant doesn't belong at West Ham who needs someone who will grab these players by the boloux and sort them out AKA Sam Allardyce.

We are bottom with only one premiership player (Scott Parker) the rest are a heap of **** for the premiereship, I think they will sack Grant because they can't aford to go down and lose out on their ****** "olympic dream". There are to many players over their on to big wages:

DYER - 70K
UPSON - 60K
PARKER - 75K
BOA MORTE - 50K

the list goes on.

There is something wrong with our club! the amount of injuries we have is a complete an utter discrace, look at the list:

Jacobson
Dyer
Hitzelperger
Parker
Noble
Piquionne
Gabbidon
Da Costa
Behrami
Ilunga
Collison

9/12 of these players would be in the first team if not injured !!

And Carlton Cole should be shot !!

I swear about 2 days ago, you were saying you back Avram Grant?

Carlton Cole, Rob Green, Valon Behrami, Mark Noble, Matthew Upson, Victor Obinna (when he doesn't kick players in the ****) are all good Premiership class players, they just haven't really turned themselves on this season

West Ham were my 2nd favourite team untill G&S took over. Think there both prats and know nothing about football.

I'm sure O'Neill will do a great job though but I believe Grant is a quality manager.

Last edited:
He took you with in a whisker of the Champs league..?

The question is how much of it was actually down to him?? Alot of people suggest Steve Clarke took charge of most first team duties. Also its the same thing people say about when Liverpool won the Champions League under Rafa. They say it was Houliers squad and this was Mourinho's squad the the players seemed to go into focus mode as they werarn't happy with Mourinho's sacking and the times after that kind of proved that. Wasen't until Carlo came in that things started to change again.

I feel terrible for Avram.

Yeah, he had a bad start with West Ham but he didn't exactly have a top class start with us ffs. Still managed to get us to the FA Cup final even though we finished bottom, went into administration and the club was on the brink of going out of business.

How does someone manage to motivate players in that sort of situation? Only Avram.

Like Scott said, he's been not too bad in the last 7 games and they've actually started to pick up form. The two owners are absolute wank stains and deserve to be banned from football, seriously, what good do they bring? You may say investment, but I'd rather they'd just **** off for good.

I'm backing Avram, he's turned things around before at Chelsea, got a disaster of a Pompey team to an FA Cup final, and he WILL keep West Ham up if given the chance.

**** you Gold, and **** you O'Sullivan!

I think Brady was the one that wanted him sacked. Gold and Sullivan are still out spoken mugs though.

Dissapointed in the BBC here, they normal only report a move like this when it is all but done, if not 100% completed. I had got my hopes up as well - it wasn't your everyday Goal.com source!

The question is how much of it was actually down to him?? Alot of people suggest Steve Clarke took charge of most first team duties. Also its the same thing people say about when Liverpool won the Champions League under Rafa. They say it was Houliers squad and this was Mourinho's squad the the players seemed to go into focus mode as they werarn't happy with Mourinho's sacking and the times after that kind of proved that. Wasen't until Carlo came in that things started to change again.

Well Scolari failed with the same squad that Avram had... So it couldnt of been the players making things happen.

Dissapointed in the BBC here, they normal only report a move like this when it is all but done, if not 100% completed. I had got my hopes up as well - it wasn't your everyday Goal.com source!

To be honest the deal was set up and ready, then O'Neil realized that being controlled by those mugs that call themselves owners would be suicide and said no. Now magically they are supporting Grant and all is well, ******* hypocrites. If I was Avram I'd get out of their while I can.

I still don't see how it was All clarke.. Tbh. Clarke couldn't do it with West Ham. and the Players loved Grant from what i have read.