Opinion on Newcastle fans

GardnerGFC

Reaction score
Without trying to cause arguments.

I just want to know what your opinion is on them, personally i think they are slightly deluded. They think they are in the popularity levels of Manchester United, Barcelona etc.

Im just wondering, because i may have my SAFC tinted glasses on here, but i have heard a few other fans say this from diffrent clubs.

Once again, i am not trying to cause arguments to any Newcastle fans.

so what is your point?, have you spoke to every single newcastle fan is the world?? come back when you have

they are a massive name in english football but every team has fans that think higher off there clubs then they should do its normal.

Once you've been where they have before to big European games and had amazing players like Alan Shearer I think it's only natural to think you're a team with a 'big reputation'. Heck, in 2007/2008 when Pompey won the FA Cup I thought we were one of the best teams in England but I don't anymore, far from it. I don't really know many Newcastle fans irl but I know a few from here like Dunc and Chris and they're not really like that at all..

Most of them are deluded, and others think they're ****. I've yet to meet a newcastle fan in between

Although some are slightly deluded, I admire there loyalty and great away support.

Yes we're all exactly how sky sports news make us look when they cherry pick retarded charvas from outside St James'...

Once you've been where they have before to big European games and had amazing players like Alan Shearer I think it's only natural to think you're a team with a 'big reputation'. Heck, in 2007/2008 when Pompey won the FA Cup I thought we were one of the best teams in England but I don't anymore, far from it. I don't really know many Newcastle fans irl but I know a few from here like Dunc and Chris and they're not really like that at all..

all my mates still go on like they are max.

I've met plenty of Geordies, they're all very nice people, but I never talked football with them. Shame. But this thread could be on all sets of fans to be honest

Like i said, i wasn't looking for arguments lads.

Just asking, cause it seem's like every Newcastle fan i talk to seem to think there still this massive club, they referr the Keegan days to the "glory days", im sure winning a cup means glory.

I dont know, i might just have my red and white glasses on, but i've heard it from many. No doubt they were a big team, but not as big as they make out.

They sing songs like "have you ever been to Milan?" they only played in the champions league for if not two seasons.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Yes we're all exactly how sky sports news make us look when they cherry pick retarded charvas from outside St James'...

Yeah, i agree with that like mate. <)

Let them have their history, we both know we're better than them atm ;)

I think it's perfectly normal considering they were a top 6 club just a few seasons ago.

Without trying to cause arguments.

I just want to know what your opinion is on them, personally i think they are slightly deluded. They think they are in the popularity levels of Manchester United, Barcelona etc.

Im just wondering, because i may have my SAFC tinted glasses on here, but i have heard a few other fans say this from diffrent clubs.

Once again, i am not trying to cause arguments to any Newcastle fans.

Come down St James' 31st October and you will see 52387 reasons why!!

Lived with a couple at Uni (and a Mackem). Good lads but delusions of grandeur about how good their team is.

Considering all the **** they've had to put up with in recent times their attendances dropped below 40,000 only 5 times (I think) during the CHAMPIONSHIP campaign. That is loyal support, even if the expectations of some may be a tad high :)

they are little deluded maybe, but they are fantastic fans, had the pleasure of being taken to St james last season, just a brilliant atmosphere. if they werent a little crazy, they wouldnt be newcastle fans

they are little deluded maybe, but they are fantastic fans, had the pleasure of being taken to St james last season, just a brilliant atmosphere. if they werent a little crazy, they wouldnt be newcastle fans

Completely off-topic : congratulations on becoming a mod m8. If that's what the green name represents?

On-topic : the english game is a better place with them, than without them imo.