Opinion on Newcastle fans

Completely off-topic : congratulations on becoming a mod m8. If that's what the green name represents?

On-topic : the english game is a better place with them, than without them imo.
off topic: yeah that was it is, cheers

on topic: totally agreed, they are very entertaining and passionate, if only some of the united home crowd that their bounce...

Without trying to cause arguments.

I just want to know what your opinion is on them, personally i think they are slightly deluded. They think they are in the popularity levels of Manchester United, Barcelona etc.

Im just wondering, because i may have my SAFC tinted glasses on here, but i have heard a few other fans say this from diffrent clubs.

Once again, i am not trying to cause arguments to any Newcastle fans.

I think you could have classed us as deluded 2 years ago, when we got relegated, but after last season, and the fact that our team this season.. isn't really very good, I think alot of us realise we will struggle, and have woken up tthe fact that we won't be playing European football in the near future.

Personally, I think there is a good chance we will head straight back down next season, and I hate to admit it, but I think you mackems have a better team than us currently.

Every fan thinks higher of his team that they really are......Its normal,more so for Newcastle as they have experienced the glory before

I'd say I thought lower of my team.

There is a ridiculous misconception that we are all still living in the glory days of Shearer, Milburn and the teams of 95 and 96.

What about Liverpool? What about Arsenal?

This idea of delusion is ridiculous in my opinion and to be honest, most teams are deluded. Any thought of us being deluded is wrong. Every team wants to do well.

Why is it that when we look to see how far we can go, it is branded as deluded?

I don't see Man City with all their money and big ambition called deluded?

And to whoever said the English game was better without us: Learn the facts that we have enticed others with our style of football for years. We provide the drama of the ups and downs. No Newcastle. No fun. Have fun in the first round of the Champions League. You won't see much other success this season.

Last edited:
I'd say I thought lower of my team.

There is a ridiculous misconception that we are all still living in the glory days of Shearer, Milburn and the teams of 95 and 96.

What about Liverpool? What about Arsenal?

This idea of delusion is ridiculous in my opinion and to be honest, most teams are deluded. Any thought of us being deluded is wrong. Every team wants to do well.

Why is it that when we look to see how far we can go, it is branded as deluded?

I don't see Man City with all their money and big ambition called deluded?

And to whoever said the English game was better without us: Learn the facts that we have enticed others with our style of football for years. We provide the drama of the ups and downs. No Newcastle. No fun. Have fun in the first round of the Champions League. You won't see much other success this season.

The London based media wants to portray us as deluded, therefore we are. The Shephard era and the crazy transfer links from then don't really help things, but we'll prove them wrong when we win the Premiership this season, right?

I think most Newcastle fans are smart enough to know that their team wont be finishing in the top 6 anytime soon,or be playing European Football....they are only few that are that dumb and every team has them

I also think it's arguable whether Sunderland are better than them at this moment.

If I look at it from a neutral point of view, I do think that Sunderland aren't that much better than us. Time will tell.

Nothing wrong with Newcastle fans. They have some ****** loyal supporters and create a great atmosphere at games. They have had a few bad seasons of late but it is good to have them back in the PL.
Still the biggest team from the North East.

I also think it's arguable whether Sunderland are better than them at this moment.

I think its stupid that you are now creating another arguement on the Thread with that post......

Last edited:
I think its stupid that you are now creating another arguement on the Thread with that post......

That was his opinion, and he is allowed to voice it, how ever wrong it may be ;)

i like the all. well all the ones i know, seem alright and normal football fans, Loyal, passionate and love there club.

i think this counts for every fan in the world. for example, chelsea fans seem to think they are a massive club because of their recent success, southend fans think southend is the best team in the world, manchester united fans seem to think that they are the biggest club in the world (which of course is true ;)) it works with every fan, its called following your team. i do accept though some fans take it that bit futhur, spurs fans thinking because they've finished 4th for the first time since ever they think they can go on and win the league, got to admire some peoples faith aint yah :)

Honestly some of the most passionate and fun fans I have met, some do have delusions of grandeur but there are plenty who (especially since they were relegated) have come to accept their place in English football (though I hope they do well in the Prem this season), I doubt many of them have forgotten the heavy days of Bramble and Boumsong

I love the Toon Army ! I think they are some of the best fans in the world, there is never a dull moment during a match at St James Park :D

Without trying to cause arguments.

I just want to know what your opinion is on them, personally i think they are slightly deluded. They think they are in the popularity levels of Manchester United, Barcelona etc.

Im just wondering, because i may have my SAFC tinted glasses on here, but i have heard a few other fans say this from diffrent clubs.

Once again, i am not trying to cause arguments to any Newcastle fans.
u say ur not trying to cause arguments but u call Newcastle fans Deluded