Our Squad Lacks Depth - Terry

Chelsea will fall behind in the next season or two if they don't start recruiting young blood instead of relying on Terry , Lampard and Drogba. Yes , they are great player's but for how much longer ?

Think people prefer posting in a human-created thread anyway. :)

I don't mind the policy we are doing at the moment in trying to blood some of the youngsters and i think most of the fans like this. I think we could maybe do with another young striker and centre back but thats it.

I think personally they need another CB, a CM that's played in England before so doesn't need to settle too much and a young striker who is capable of playing first team football.

So Cahill (Bolton) or Samba (B'Burn), Henderson (S'land), Lukaku (Anderlecht).

Have a fantastic but ageing squad. The likes of Lampard, Drogba & Terry are nearly at the age of decline.
Luckily they have the money to replace those players, but it will be tough.

Anybody seen that young lad they signed from Feyenoord the other day? Only fifteen, so hardly going to make an impression, but Feyenoord rated him really highly. As for squad depth, I think the midfield situation would look better if they let Borini play every now and again but apparently he's ****** off the wrong people so isn't going to get a chance. As for defenders, why don't they let Jeffrey Bruma step up? From what I've seen of him he looks a good player, and is only going to get better.

Anybody seen that young lad they signed from Feyenoord the other day? Only fifteen, so hardly going to make an impression, but Feyenoord rated him really highly. As for squad depth, I think the midfield situation would look better if they let Borini play every now and again but apparently he's ****** off the wrong people so isn't going to get a chance. As for defenders, why don't they let Jeffrey Bruma step up? From what I've seen of him he looks a good player, and is only going to get better.

Borini has just come back from injury and his contract is up at the end of the season and it looks as if Chelsea arn't going to re-new it. As for Bruma he had surgery not long ago but i and Chelsea fans have alot of hope for this lad.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Have a fantastic but ageing squad. The likes of Lampard, Drogba & Terry are nearly at the age of decline.
Luckily they have the money to replace those players, but it will be tough.

I don't think we can ever replace Terry or Lampard, i think they are one of a kind and we will have to find other solutions insted. But like you say we do have great financial backing and our acadamy is looking pretty strong at the moment.

Realistically, if we sign anyone in January it will only be the one player. That being a centre back. Carlo says there is money to spend in January but it's whether he feels he needs to spend it.

Hopefully we go for someone like David Luiz, but such a deal would command a high transfer fee. We will probably end up going for a much cheaper option.

If we do get a centre back next month, then I feel we only need two more players that would really give our team that extra edge. A striker & a creative midfielder. Anelka is likely to be leaving at the end of the season so hopefully we will bring in someone like Hulk to replace him. Rumours are that Modric is on the 'top of the list' for transfer targets for Carlo but I doubt it will happen.

Only time will tell.

Realistically, if we sign anyone in January it will only be the one player. That being a centre back. Carlo says there is money to spend in January but it's whether he feels he needs to spend it.

Hopefully we go for someone like David Luiz, but such a deal would command a high transfer fee. We will probably end up going for a much cheaper option.

If we do get a centre back next month, then I feel we only need two more players that would really give our team that extra edge. A striker & a creative midfielder. Anelka is likely to be leaving at the end of the season so hopefully we will bring in someone like Hulk to replace him. Rumours are that Modric is on the 'top of the list' for transfer targets for Carlo but I doubt it will happen.

Only time will tell.

The thing is with David Luiz is that he wouldnt be able to play in the CL. Carlo said if he signs a centre back then he will let Bruma go out on loan until the end of the season so i want to see an Englishman like Gary Cahil or if not English then Chris Samba.

Only time will tell.
Modric would cost an arm and a leg. Spurs would sell at right price, but it would be on their terms.

Spot on if you ask me. I believe utd and city have more depth.

I don't mind the policy we are doing at the moment in trying to blood some of the youngsters and i think most of the fans like this. I think we could maybe do with another young striker and centre back but thats it.
Your only doing it because your main guys have injuries.

There is too much of a gap between first-teamers and back-ups in the Chelsea squad.

Spot on if you ask me. I believe utd and city have more depth.
they lost their depth with the likes of ballack leaving, and the gap between the first team and youth is uncomfortably big for them