Reaction score
Out with the Old & In with the Youth.

View attachment 66691

*After a failed season and uninterest to this years game, I have decided to use youth only and will play all my youth players and players aged 21 and younger only from the beginning, Any player at the club that is 21 and under just now can play until they are 30 if they like however I cannot bring in anyone over 21 to play for the club*
*I signed a left back before i decided this rule and I am using a 23 year old this is a one off as I got rid of my 21 year old left back loanee Declan John.*

View attachment 66690

The background

Rangers Football Club are a team based in Glasgow, Scotland, which plays in the Scottish Premiership, the first tier of the Scottish Professional Football League. Their home ground, Ibrox Stadium, is in the south-west of the city. Rangers have won more league titles and trebles than any other club in the world, winning the league title 54 times, the Scottish Cup 33 times and the Scottish League Cup 27 times, and achieving the treble of all three in the same season seven times. Rangers were the first British club to reach a UEFA tournament final and won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1972 after being runner-up twice in 1961 and 1967. A third runners-up finish in Europe came in the UEFA Cup in 2008. Rangers have a long-standing rivalry with Celtic, the two Glasgow clubs being collectively known as the Old Firm. Founded in 1872, Rangers were one of the eleven original members of the Scottish Football League and remained in the top division continuously until the liquidation of The Rangers Football Club PLC at the end of the 2011–12 season. With a new corporate identity, the club gained admittance to the fourth tier of Scottish league football in time for the start of the following season, and were promoted three times in four years to return to the top flight where they will face off with a rampant Celtic team that are on a quest for the ever elusive 10 in a row.

Stadium and training facility

View attachment 66688 View attachment 66689
View attachment 1146901

The club used a variety of grounds in Glasgow as a venue for home matches in the years between 1872 and 1899. The first was Flesher's Haugh, situated on Glasgow Green, followed by Burnbank in the Kelvinbridge area of the city, and then Kinning Park for ten years from the mid-1870s to the mid-1880s. From February of the 1886–87 season, Cathkin Park was used until the first Ibrox Park, in the Ibrox area of south-west Glasgow, was inaugurated for the following season. Ibrox Stadium in its current incarnation was originally designed by the architect Archibald Leitch, a Rangers fan who also played a part in the design of, among others, Old Trafford in Manchester and Highbury in London. The stadium was inaugurated on 30 December 1899, and Rangers defeated Hearts 3–1 in the first match held there. Rangers' training facility is located in Auchenhowie, Glasgow. The facility is known as Murray Park after former chairman and owner Sir David Murray. It was proposed by then-manager **** Advocaat upon his arrival at the club in 1998. It was completed in 2001 at a cost of £14 million. Murray Park was the first purpose-built facility of its kind in Scotland, and incorporates features including nine football pitches, a state of the art gym, a hydrotherapy pool, and a video-editing suite. Rangers' youth teams are also accommodated at Murray Park, with around 140 players between under-10 and under-19 age groups using the training centre. Various first-team players have come through the ranks at Murray Park, including Alan Hutton, Allan McGreggor, Chris Burke, Stevie Smith, John Fleck, Danny Wilson and Charlie Adam.

Expectations

The league expectations here are unrealistic, Despite this being a game Celtic are financial stronger and have a built squad which has improved year on year, The Scottish Cup final is expected which is realistic as we are the 2nd strongest in the league and should be able to reach the final and hope Celtic get knocked out along the way.

To reach the group stage of the Europa is tricky as we need to play a number of qualifiers including 1 potentially tricky match against a number of big clubs, Time will tell if it is possible or if the board deem the campaign a success or not.

Last edited:
Keepers

View attachment 66619

So Liam Kelly will take the #1 and I will keep Wes as a back up due to the fact I don't have faith in the other keepers except McCrorie however he is out on loan, I don't want to be sacked before I can even attempt this and that's my reasoning however Kelly will play when fit.

Defenders

View attachment 66617

So I have removed all defenders over 21 *Except Grogaard* These will be my defensive stronghold throughout the season until I succeed or get sacked. Wilson & McCrorie will be the main defensive pairing whilst Houston needs to perform or I will look to replace him in the future.

Midfield

View attachment 66615

My midfield are quite strong youth players with Barjonas & Rossiter taking the reigns in the middle, Liam Burt will be a class act, Dalcio on loan has a lot to prove however I don't feel nemane will cut it! I brought in James Weir, Maitland-Niles on loan and also signed young star Lewis Morgan from St Mirren who will be my main Left winger sadly he picked up an injury during the first few games.

Strikers

View attachment 66614

My main concern here is I have only 3 strikers left although my option of Liam Burt in AMC and 1 striker up top is a good option in an emergency, Dapo is a great talent and I hope is here for many years along with Rudden who are both products of the academy.

View attachment 66434
The Gallant Pioneers.

FRIENDLIES

View attachment 66428

Only 4 pre-season matches took place due to Europa league qualifiers which meant we had to hit the ground running, A 9-0 victory over Oxford was pretty excellent as we hit fine goalscoring form throughout the warm up.

View attachment 1147216View attachment 66425

View attachment 66427

Kenny Miller left once again to join the MLS joining Montreal, We couldn't ship anyone else out except from some loan deals, Lewis Morgan was the key signing here and most expensive but well worth it as the promising youngster returns to the club who let him go to prove he is good enough, Few other key signings who could hopefully become permanent should they perform well in their spell at the club as they bring some good competition.

*As I am ahead in the save some signings appear here from the new season*

View attachment 66424

View attachment 66426

An absolutely outstanding qualifying campaign saw us enter the groups of the competition and we will compete in europe until Christmas! The first round was outstanding as we won 19-0 overall including an outstanding 12-0 away victory which saw youngster Dapo become the youngest scorer who also bagged 6 goals in the game including a perfect hat-trick.

Another match which stood out was our 8-0 home tie in the playoff vs maccabi tel-aviv, After a 2-1 away defeat we were optimistic having an away goal however we completely blew our opponents away with a superb performance which saw us coast into the group stage.

Last edited:
August

View attachment 66280

View attachment 66279

4 League games in the opening month saw us with 3 wins and one defeat, The defeat was a shocking 1-0 loss at home to Hibernian however 3 good victorys at saw us take 9 points from 12 with our youngsters getting used to the first team setup.

View attachment 66278
Alfredo Morelos showing his love to the home fans

View attachment 66277

View attachment 66276

We made things difficult for ourselves at home to Morton in the 2nd round of the betfred cup as the championship side gave us a scare having changed the team about, Thankfully we managed to progress after extra time with Alfredo Morelos coming off the bench to score the winner.

Upcoming Fixtures:

View attachment 66275

3 Home games in the upcoming month as we play in the cup Vs Kilmarnock, Two Televised matches away to Partick Thistle and at the end the classic Old Firm Derby to see who takes the cities bragging rights in the first meeting of the season.​

September

View attachment 66024
View attachment 66023

We played 3 league matches in September with the first two shown above, The final game was the Old Firm derby which merits its own part. Wins over Dundee & Partick Thistle saw us take a further 6 points in an impressive start for our kids with their biggest test to come.

View attachment 66022

View attachment 66021

Another home tie over Kilmarnock once again gave us a scare despite taking a lead former striker Kris Boyd struck a brace to put us behind but thankfully youngster Dapo equalised in the 90th minute to level before Jordan Rossiter fired a long range strike in the 93rd minute to put us into the semi final in normal time! We did play a much stronger side this time around however we had a couple of changes and a good few underperformers on the day.

View attachment 66020

View attachment 66019

Europe wasn't as exciting this time around as we failed to make a mark in what I considered to be an easier group! 2 defeats to the easier teams in the group Viktoria Plzen & Guimaraes has seen us sit bottom of the group with 0 points which really is frustrating as it looks like we could be embarrassed in a group I honestly felt we could conquer however our youngsters are finding their European venture difficult.

Derby Day

View attachment 66025
23/9/17
Ibrox Stadium

Rangers Vs Celtic

View attachment 66026

Rangers Line Up: Kelly, Sheaf, McCrorie, Wilson, Grogaard, Maitland-Niles, Rossiter, Dalcio, Weir, Morgan, Morelos.
Subs: Foderingham, Bates, Houston, Burt, Rudden, Barjonas, Dapo.

Celtic Line Up: Gordon, Boveda, Lustig, Ajer, Tierney, Brown, armstrong, Rogic, Roberts, Sinclair, Dembele.
Subs: De Vries, Ralston, Forrest, Gavranovic, Ntcham, Gamboa, Edouard.

View attachment 66018

The stats show a fairly even match as We controlled more possession however Celtic managed more shots although both sides had the same on target. They obviously commited more fouls than us and picked up 1 booking with 0 red cards in the game.

Scott Sinclair opened up the scoring in 7 minutes which silenced the ground as the away fans celebrated an early going in what they seen was going to be a thrashing, However 2 minutes later Alfredo Morelos fired in an equaliser which gave the game atmosphere once again and a lift for the home crowd. Winger Dalcio managed to fire the home side ahead in 23minutes again boosting to the atmosphere and lifting the spirits of the team and support. Sinclair slotted away a penalty to bag his 2nd of the match equalising before Stuart Armstrong once again silenced the home crowd as Celtic took a 3-2 lead with only 13 minutes to go.

Young attacking mid Liam Burt hit back once again on the 82nd minute giving us a real thriller on our hands as the game was on a knife edge, Alfredo Morelos gave the Rangers fans the last laugh and biggest cheer of the day as he scored a 90th minute winner in an outstanding match which gave the home side the 3 points and left Celtic fans dissappointed in the ending to the match with the blue side of Glasgow going home happier.

Rangers 4 - 3 Celtic.

October

View attachment 65810

View attachment 65808

A dreadful defeat to our rivals up north, We were never in the game and former celt Mackay-Steven opened the scoring in 11 minutes, for some reason Ben Sheaf took a penalty and missed it which would have given us a lift and put us back in the game however Aberdeen struck again and killed it off as we never looked confident of getting back into the tie.

View attachment 65807

View attachment 65806

An expected defeat at home to San Sebastian (Sociedad) as we conceded two goals in four minutes!! not good enough as they show us how far we are away at the moment.

View attachment 65805

View attachment 65804

Our whole season went from elation to devastation this month after our derby day victory we crumbled! Hamilton and St Johnstone hammered us as we lose 5 games in a row, We ended the month on a better note with 2 victorys although it doesn't make up for the beginning it gives us a slight boost.

*I don't have league tables due to being ahead in the season! From what I can remember I went top of the league after the Old Firm Derby win however this month put us down at least 1 place again.

300816_falkirk_rudden_sinnamon_cele_02-650x400.jpg

Zak Rudden scored the most goals in the league with 3 this month.

Hope Robby McCrorie is doing/done well at Berwick! Also Aidan Wilson has became a key player for me even though Rangers gave him little game time in my save so he should develop into a quality centre back. Hopefully the first youth intake gives you some gems as well.

Hope Robby McCrorie is doing/done well at Berwick! Also Aidan Wilson has became a key player for me even though Rangers gave him little game time in my save so he should develop into a quality centre back. Hopefully the first youth intake gives you some gems as well.

Almost gave away part of it there forgetting I'm way ahead lol, I used McCrorie alot in my last save so hopefully he performs but Liam Kelly has done well so far so if he continues then it will be hard to remove him! Aidan Wilson will become a key player in my defence hopefully.

The Youth intake will be interesting especially when I will look to use them within 2 seasons! My luck has never been overly great with them though but we shall see!

November

View attachment 65367

View attachment 65366

So Celtic took the first trophy of the season with them as expected, Moussa Dembele getting a Final Hat-Trick in a comfortable win over Aberdeen.

Europa League

View attachment 65365

We managed to salvage some sort of reputation back in Europe with a 2-2 draw against Sociedad and smashing Plzen despite Rossiter being sent off inside 9 minutes! Somehow we still brushed them aside and took an easy victory. The last game was a disaster however our fate was already sealed and the team was changed with no chance of qualifying.

View attachment 65364

SPFL
View attachment 65362

View attachment 65361

A great league run this month led us to 3 victorys and a treble of clean sheets also, Alfredo Morelos managed to score in all 3 games plus the two he bagged in Europe gave him a great tally for the month. Youngster Dapo is also performing at a great level despite his young age!

View attachment 65358

A hefty schedule up next month as we play a whopping 7 games including two against rivals Aberdeen, Hopefully we can battle through this with as little problems as possible.​

December

View attachment 65249

-------------------

View attachment 65248

Less said about this the better...

-----------------------

View attachment 65247

A cracking month as we started off on TV against Aberdeen with a great victory, Overall taking 5 wins out of 7 was pretty decent despite losing at home to Aberdeen! Alfredo Morelos was on absolute fire this month scoring 11 you just cannot fault that!

View attachment 65246
10/10

JANUARY

View attachment 64932

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

SCOTTISH CUP 4th ROUND

View attachment 64931

A few changes were made in the squad and new boy Reine-Adelaide on loan from Arsenal bagged a debut goal, Youngster Jordan Critchley also bagged a goal which is always a delight when our youth stars score.

SPFL

View attachment 64930

This game was an absolute disaster our goals were both consolation and pointless as we were embarrassed and ridiculed by our rivals, Absolutely fuming and nothing can explain this away!

View attachment 64929

Despite the derby defeat we managed to win against Aberdeen which would have been UNFORGIVABLE had we lost to both rivals in the same month, Nothing could make up for THAT defeat though!

View attachment 64928

February

View attachment 64457

Dapo on fine form this monnth!

Scottish Cup 5th Round

View attachment 64456
Nice victory for the boys, Not as easy as we would have liked but through to the next round is what matters!

SPFL

View attachment 64455

A decent month for us as we avoid defeat the whole month, Dapo's treble against St Johnstone was outstanding as the youngster bagged 5 into the Perth side this month and they will be glad to see the back of the young chap.

I know you're ahead in the save so can't show the table but how close are you to Celtic in the league? And are Aberdeen up there with you?

I know you're ahead in the save so can't show the table but how close are you to Celtic in the league? And are Aberdeen up there with you?

Can't say for definite where Aberdeen where in the league but they were not close to me in the end that's all I will say!

I'm sure I was relatively close to Celtic at this stage in the season! I know for definite I was ahead of them in September but after the 2 defeats I fell slightly behind. I will count up our points and put pictures up of all 3 results and let you know.

Doing not bad with youth here. Looking forward to see what prospects come in through the youth intake and what players you bring in at the sunmer.

Rangers was my first save this time around and will probably try them again once the update lands

SO currently snowed in and haven't managed to play an ounce of FM, Been spending some quality time off work with the family whilst I can! Work as a postman and my works expecting me to walk in despite not any of us being able to go out and deliver XD.

Anyway.....

-------------------------------------------------

March

View attachment 64239

-------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 64238

A comfortable win as we see of Championship side ICT at Ibrox to cruise into the Semi-Final

View attachment 64237
Celtic were knocked out in the 4th Round by Hearts who are still in the competition, One we should win now that there is no Celtic & Aberdeen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 64236

View attachment 64235

A well battled Old Firm @ Ibrox as both teams came to win and played some serious attacking football, We had more shots on target but none of us could convert anything as it ended a very good 0-0 game, Patrick Roberts did have the ball in the net but sadly it was disallowed (HAHA)

View attachment 64234

View attachment 64233

The on loan Arsenal youngster was superb creating 4 chances and making 7 key passes from the right wing he looked the most likely to have set up a goal had there been any!

--------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 64232

We finished our THIRD and final home game of the month and made it look easy, Going 1 goal behind was a shock but it only pushed us on as Alfredo bagged a hat-trick as we score 3 goals in 4 minutes at the end! However the timing of the goals aren't a reflection as we absolutely battered the door down the whole game and it really should have been more!

View attachment 64231

April

View attachment 64095

Going to this ^ In april so thought I'd use it as my April picture.

-----------------------------------------------------

Scottish Cup Semi-Final

View attachment 64087

View attachment 64084

An superb start to the Semi-Final as we packed out the national stadium, Maitland-Niles put us ahead in 4 minutes as things seemed promising, Things then changed as Hearts equalised and took control of the game bossing the young side, The final scoreline was well deserved and Hearts deserved to be in the final.

This result annoyed me massively as our aim was to win this cup especially when Celtic had been knocked out, We went out without a real fight and I am ****** off big time about it.

------------------------------------------------------

Scottish Premiership

View attachment 64075Despite our cup defeat our league form stayed strong as we won all three of our games going into the final month, Celtic are only 4 points clear in the league with 12 points available it is still possible to win the league however most likely it will be a tough ask and we need to settle for 2nd and take on the europa qualifiers.

1st - Celtic - 82 Points
2nd - Rangers - 78 Points
3rd - Hearts - 59 Points
4th - St Johnstone - (unsure of pts)
5th - Aberdeen - 50 Points

Hard luck in the cup. Second is a solid finish, it'll take time to topple Celtic, annoyingly.

Hard luck in the cup. Second is a solid finish, it'll take time to topple Celtic, annoyingly.

Thanks, Yeah it might never happen to be honest because I am using youth only so my average squad age should always remain around 21 as I don't expect to keep hold of my star youngsters as they get older and I can only replace them with 21 year olds or younger so as Celtic buy big I will buy young but only time will tell and hopefully I can keep my job whilst trying!