Overated Actors/Actresses

TWISHITE anything about cheesy vampires and teeny bopping teen school movies drive me crazy and on the over rated actor actress front Gene Hackman i know some people think hes good but for some reason i find all his films very boring and dont find him interesting as a character at all although mississippi burning was a not bad film

To be honest, I haven't seen a bad film with Clint Eastwood yet.

Sorry I meant that I personally don't like Clint, therefore natural instinct is to say he is overrated. Is there a rule here that states you can't have a controversial opinion??

Sorry I meant that I personally don't like Clint, therefore natural instinct is to say he is overrated. Is there a rule here that states you can't have a controversial opinion??

Yeah I think you will find it's in the rules somewhere, thats why so many people are getting banned! ;)

On Topic: Zac Efron? sure he did HSM, and that was pretty dire if you were above the age of 12 when it came out, but what has he done since, 17 again, that orson wells film, think that might be it, but sooo many people *** him.

There is a difference between 'overrated' and just generally poor.

Not if alot of people think they are good?

Not if alot of people think they are good?

My post wasn't a reply to you Dunc, just a general view on a few suggestions by some.

Some actors mentioned have never been rated for their acting skills, so how they can be overrated is beyond me.

My post wasn't a reply to you Dunc, just a general view on a few suggestions by some.

Some actors mentioned have never been rated for their acting skills, so how they can be overrated is beyond me.

Fair enough, I disagree with a few on this thread about different actors, but it's all personal preference.

I for one cant get enough of Nicholas Cage, but I can see why people find him boring.

Its funny how threads open to show your opinion you say something and its like a crowd of flies jumping on you opinion is opinion every single thread i enter has a arguement somewhere its a thread who is over rated not a thread on my opinion is better than yours everyones opinion matters whether its stupid or not

Daniel Craig is fantastic in The Jacket.:wub:
He probably is but I haven't seen that movie. Of the movies I have seen him in I have been less than impressed. Something about him I can't warm too :S

Adam Sandler
Ben Stiller
Matt Damon
Michael Caine at playing anyone non english
Sean Connery also at playing anyone non english
Clint Eastwood just plays the same character in every film.
Brad Pitt had ability if you watch films like 12 Monkeys or Kalifornia hes fantastic but has just got lazy.

Loads more aswell.

Ben Stiller- Absolutely shocking. Not funny.

Clint Eastwood- Anything different you want to do?

Zac Efron. Just ****.

I was going to reply with my own list, then I saw you mention De Niro & Al Pacino as overrated. Lord have mercy on you. :O Go watch Taxi Driver/Raging Bull and Dog Day Afternoon/The Godfather. :p

I probably watched those movies before you were born.
The problem is people voting for movies they actually liked and not the actual acting ability of the person in question.
I don't believe any character that they play.
I just see DeNiro and Pacino doing a days work.
Same goes for Jack Nicholson.

Social engineering and media conditioning at work, as usual.

Clint Eastwood overrated ? pmsl some people have no clue what so ever
Dirty harry trilogy
Every which way but loose
Unforgiven - Director
Hes also composes hes won like 4 or 5 golden globe awards
Gran torino , million dollar baby ,in the line of fire, hang em high , Pale Rider , The list goes on and on and on over rated my *** cheeks clint eastwood is one of the best actors of our generation and i grew up watching his movies.

Last edited:
I almost forgot about Kevin Bacon.
He has been championed in several roles but to be honest, I wouldnt give him a walk on part in a remake of El Dorado.