chuffy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just finished my first season and managed to get ipswich promoted to the prem, which would normally be great but unfortunately the majority of my team are pants and I have a feeling with my current crop of players ill be challenging Derbys record for least points. The board have given me approx £8mil to battle bravely against relegation and I need:

Left full back
Center back (preferred dcl)
x2 cm's

I could also use a new striker and an amc but these aren't priorities, the left full back and central defender are needed most. Ideally is like young players so if (when) I do go down ive got a better chance of keeping hold of them.

I shall be using a 4-3-1-2 formation (3cm's) and this is my current team:

Gk - fulöp

Dr - bandjar
Dcr - maculey
Dcl - ?
Dl - Kennedy

Mcr - Norris
Mc - hyam
Mcl - cairney

Amc - chiumento

Str - styvar
Stl - griffiths

Anyone with any suggestions on how to keep me in the prem?!

looks as though youre in the same boat as me with preston check the transfer list although unfortunatly not many people reply to these threads unless youre a top club

your in trouble lol. try looking for loan deals from other prem clubs. Check out man city's reserve.

Well for a CB you can use Armend Dallku who I'm constantly pointing out as a great RB/CB and he can be retrained to play as LB(of course, if he gets a work permit). For a CM I suggest Senijad Ibričić if you use a Box to box midfielder. Hope this helps.

looks as though youre in the same boat as me with preston check the transfer list although unfortunatly not many people reply to these threads unless youre a top club

Can't see the point in starting off as a big club with millions to spend, surely its more rewarding to have a bit more of a challenge? Anyway, michael Owens contract is running out, can't see him at town tho!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

your in trouble lol. try looking for loan deals from other prem clubs. Check out man city's reserve.

Cheers for the sympathy! :)
Will have a look around the top clubs reserve teams, might be lucky :S

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Well for a CB you can use Armend Dallku who I'm constantly pointing out as a great RB/CB and he can be retrained to play as LB(of course, if he gets a work permit). For a CM I suggest Senijad Ibričić if you use a Box to box midfielder. Hope this helps.

Cheers for that, will check them out.

Will hopefully get round to checking those players out tonight, still at work atm :(
Any opinions on Thorgan Hazard? His club will do business for around 3-4 mil and I've heard he can develop into a quality player?

Will hopefully get round to checking those players out tonight, still at work atm :(
Any opinions on Thorgan Hazard? His club will do business for around 3-4 mil and I've heard he can develop into a quality player?

I thought you needed good players now, not in a couple of years.

I am reading and have been promoted to, here is who I suggest:

Ezequiel Fillippetto about 1.6M - good player, was a good player for me completely solid
Luiz Jimenez - Free. Is a AM
Dusan Basta- 1.2M ish - Right Back
Yannis Tafer- Loan - Very good poacher/ complete forward
I got Dodo as well for 4M who is a left back

I thought you needed good players now, not in a couple of years.

I am reading and have been promoted to, here is who I suggest:

Ezequiel Fillippetto about 1.6M - good player, was a good player for me completely solid
Luiz Jimenez - Free. Is a AM
Dusan Basta- 1.2M ish - Right Back
Yannis Tafer- Loan - Very good poacher/ complete forward
I got Dodo as well for 4M who is a left back

Thanks for the list, I'm looking Towards younger players more so they will be more likely to accept a relegation wage drop clause in they're contract so I can keep hold of them if I do get relegated.

I signed Jordan Spence for £3.3, Alex Smithies for £1.2 and a couple of versatile cm/amc/wingers for approx £750k each.
I could still use a quality DL and was looking at jelle van damme but I'd have to get the board to negotiate that deal as he is worth more than I have remaining to spend, has anyone used him before? is he worth it?

I pretty much had the same problem, had 7.5m to basically purchase half a squad.
I didn't win in first 12 games but have won last 4 on the bounce at Portsmouth so a few of the players I signed may interest you, Here we're my purchases/loans.

Treacy 825k
Kirkland 2.2m
Beckford 1.5m
Bjorn Riise 800k
Ibrahima Sonko Free
Angelo Charisteas Free
Brian Stock Free
Adel Taarabt 1.5m
Pascal Chimbonda 400k

Loans
Ciaron Clark
Emmanuel Thomas
Jozy Altidore ( Top draw)

Hope a couple of these guys assist you in staying up, they seem to be keeping me up, although only half season gone.

I pretty much had the same problem, had 7.5m to basically purchase half a squad.
I didn't win in first 12 games but have won last 4 on the bounce at Portsmouth so a few of the players I signed may interest you, Here we're my purchases/loans.

Treacy 825k
Kirkland 2.2m
Beckford 1.5m
Bjorn Riise 800k
Ibrahima Sonko Free
Angelo Charisteas Free
Brian Stock Free
Adel Taarabt 1.5m
Pascal Chimbonda 400k

Loans
Ciaron Clark
Emmanuel Thomas
Jozy Altidore ( Top draw)

Hope a couple of these guys assist you in staying up, they seem to be keeping me up, although only half season gone.

How is beckford working out for you? I'm thinking I could use another striker as I've heard griffiths doesn't really cut it in the prem. Also, what position is Altidore? I've heard the name but can't remember anything about him.

How is beckford working out for you? I'm thinking I could use another striker as I've heard griffiths doesn't really cut it in the prem. Also, what position is Altidore? I've heard the name but can't remember anything about him.

Yeah Altidore is an american striker, had a spell at Hull a couple of years ago, I have him on loan from Villareal for 400k and obviously paying his wages. He's got 12 goals though half way through the season so i would highly recommend him.
Beckford couldn't score at all when I was playing him and then he got injured for 3 months. I'm going to give him another chance but I don't think he's going to end up being a good signing.

So yeah, sign Altidore if available.
Or Charisteas if you need a target man, he plays for greece if you want to find him.

Will leave beckford well alone then, but will check out altidore. I was also thinking of putting in an offer for Lukalu (spelling?) I've read a bit about him on here and he apparently turns into a good striker, was thinking of partnering him with conor wickham.
I'm not too bothered if I do get relegated as long as I get to hold onto the good young players I've managed to pick up so far, although I suppose I need some experience in the team to give me a better chance of survival.

mujangi bia cheap young att mid
tom cairney young centre mid
jordan spence young cb
leigh griffiths good young striker

Beckford has come back from injury and scored 2 in 2 for me now while Altidore was suspended, against Tottenham and City as well so maybe you could purchase him.

mujangi bia cheap young att mid
tom cairney young centre mid
jordan spence young cb
leigh griffiths good young striker

I already have cairney, spence and griffiths. Tho I did read griffiths doesn't really preform in the prem, any clues? Will check out Bia tho, thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Beckford has come back from injury and scored 2 in 2 for me now while Altidore was suspended, against Tottenham and City as well so maybe you could purchase him.

What's his strengths/weaknesses?

sorry didn't look at your team. he did ok for me at leeds put him as a poacher got 8 in 14. try and get axel witsel if he hasn't moved from standard liege, can normally get for about 2 million depending on contract status etc. also when i went up with leeds got viera and maniche on frees for a bit of steel in the centre hope this helps

I already have cairney, spence and griffiths. Tho I did read griffiths doesn't really preform in the prem, any clues? Will check out Bia tho, thanks.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------[/COLOR]

What's his strengths/weaknesses?

Pace, dribbling, finishings ok.

sorry didn't look at your team. he did ok for me at leeds put him as a poacher got 8 in 14. try and get axel witsel if he hasn't moved from standard liege, can normally get for about 2 million depending on contract status etc. also when i went up with leeds got viera and maniche on frees for a bit of steel in the centre hope this helps

Will definitely check out viera, could use a midfield general!
What position does witsel play?

Will definitely check out viera, could use a midfield general!
What position does witsel play?
he plays cm, kevin is also a great playmaker and rafael toloi is a solid cb whos usually cheapish