Overpowered Players

• Thread starter Thread starter RVPerfect
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 51K
Sturridge aswell only just noticed he has 19 finishing but Ronaldos is 18?WTF!!!!
If you have seen Ronaldo play a lot, you notice he sometimes tends to blast the ball too high as he usually just hits it on the 2nd touch already. Sturridge usually don't blast on distance that much, that being said, his shot/goal ratio is better = better finishing in game atributes.

Sturridge aswell only just noticed he has 19 finishing but Ronaldos is 18?WTF!!!!

Sturridge is a top finisher, there can hardly be any doubt about that. If you want to single out Liverpool players, I'd take a look at Balotelli instead. Now there's overpowered.

Sturridge is a top finisher, there can hardly be any doubt about that. If you want to single out Liverpool players, I'd take a look at Balotelli instead. Now there's overpowered.

I like Sturridge but Top Finisher? NO!! he may have scored 20 goals last season but he had 5-7 clear chances a game most of the time even my mates said it who are Lpool ticket holders so to put his finishing better than the best player on the planet who scores 40 plus goals a season is outrageous. but yes there is so many over powered players on the game.

I like Sturridge but Top Finisher? NO!! he may have scored 20 goals last season but he had 5-7 clear chances a game most of the time even my mates said it who are Lpool ticket holders so to put his finishing better than the best player on the planet who scores 40 plus goals a season is outrageous. but yes there is so many over powered players on the game.

Sturridge shots to goal ratio 2013/14: 0.21
Ronaldo shots to goal ratio 2013/14: 0.15 (and this is including penalties)

Ronaldo has scored 25 goals already this season thats 5 more than Sturridge scored all last season and we are not even half way threw the season im not saying Sturridge is **** i think hes pretty good but finishing above Ronaldo is laughable.

Ronaldo has scored 25 goals already this season thats 5 more than Sturridge scored all last season and we are not even half way threw the season im not saying Sturridge is **** i think hes pretty good but finishing above Ronaldo is laughable.

Ronaldo scores more than Sturridge because he is a better player, which is reflected in him having far better stats across the board and also translates to him scoring more than Sturridge in fm (generally) as well IRL. However, that doesn't mean that he is necessarily a better finisher than Sturridge. Personally, Sturridge 19 and Ronaldo 18 seems accurate, and is backed up by the conversion ratios.

Sturridge shots to goal ratio 2013/14: 0.21
Ronaldo shots to goal ratio 2013/14: 0.15 (and this is including penalties)

Ah statistic, shows so much, hides even more. How many shots did Sturridge have last season and how many Ronaldo did? The higher amount of shots you take the less that ratio would be. It's simple math and logic. If you want to check it, note that ration right now for Ronaldo and note it again at the end of the season. After that compare it and you'll see at the end of the season that ratio is lower.

Ah statistic, shows so much, hides even more. How many shots did Sturridge have last season and how many Ronaldo did? The higher amount of shots you take the less that ratio would be. It's simple math and logic. If you want to check it, note that ration right now for Ronaldo and note it again at the end of the season. After that compare it and you'll see at the end of the season that ratio is lower.

I'm just trying to give an explanation of why Sturridge has a higher finishing rating than Ronaldo, and those numbers at least offer some understanding of it - and a lot more than simply looking at amount of goals scored.

I seriously doubt SI rate players based on a hunch, so I would assume they use statistics to a large degree when deciding upon attributes. And the statistics show that Sturridge has a higher shots-to-goal conversion rate than Ronaldo. If you and tommyd150 want to debate that, I suggest you take it up in the data subforum on sigames.com. Don't expect to achieve much though.

Guys...

Are we REALLY comparing Sturridge to RONALDO?!?!

Welbeck's finishing is reasonably OP on this game on that note.

I'm just trying to give an explanation of why Sturridge has a higher finishing rating than Ronaldo, and those numbers at least offer some understanding of it - and a lot more than simply looking at amount of goals scored.

I seriously doubt SI rate players based on a hunch, so I would assume they use statistics to a large degree when deciding upon attributes. And the statistics show that Sturridge has a higher shots-to-goal conversion rate than Ronaldo. If you and tommyd150 want to debate that, I suggest you take it up in the data subforum on sigames.com. Don't expect to achieve much though.
I don't care about their ratings and who's better finisher IRL. Just wanted to tell you your statistic is flawed.

Guys...

Are we REALLY comparing Sturridge to RONALDO?!?!

Welbeck's finishing is reasonably OP on this game on that note.

If you look closely, you'll notice that we're comparing just one attribute between them.

It is. You used it for argument, right? Anyway, this has nothing to do with are they OP or not or how we judge is someone OP or not.

Using it doesn't make it mine.

If you have such a problem with statistics, I can't see how you can possibly enjoy this game. A lot of the attributes - including finishing - are based on statistics. I just provided a fraction of them to explain how it's possible to rate Sturridge's finishing higher than Ronaldo's.

Ronaldo vs Sturridge, you guys are funny. Before the Messi vs Welbeck argument starts, anyone contemplating buying Depay - just do it.

Whatever they're asking, he's worth twice as much. 2nd season at Newcastle, he's been the top goalscorer for the CL this year with 16, against CR7's 7 goals) and top for assists with 6. He scored 6 in the semi final alone, set as an inside forward (s) and then bagged 4 and an assist with a rating of 9.9 in the final against Juve, playing as a CF (a).

Overpowered? Most definitely.

Using it doesn't make it mine.

If you have such a problem with statistics, I can't see how you can possibly enjoy this game. A lot of the attributes - including finishing - are based on statistics. I just provided a fraction of them to explain how it's possible to rate Sturridge's finishing higher than Ronaldo's.

I don't think I was clear enough, sorry for that.

By 'it's yours' I mean 'you used it to show something'.
I don't have problem with statistic, I love statistic and when I was on Uni statistic was my favorite class. What I don't like is how easily someone can use statistic to prove their point, even though statistic never tells the full story on it's own. I doubt SI's rating system is simple as that, to use one or two statistical measurement. How British researcher rates and how Spanish researcher rates are different, because they are two different people ( I think they are unless something is changed).

I doubt SI's rating system is simple as that, to use one or two statistical measurement.

Which is why I pointed out that I used a fraction of the statistics. I don't have access to the vast amount of statistics that SI have.

Which is why I pointed out that I used a fraction of the statistics. I don't have access to the vast amount of statistics that SI have.
No you didn't. Not a single mention of 'fraction of statistic'. ;)

Back