Overrated/Underrated players Thread!

kallemannen

Reaction score
Hello

Here we can discuss players we think are underrated, or overrated ingame. Both potential and CA.
But remember , if you want to write out exact Ability and Potential (CA & PA) always hide it in spoilers.

So if you are using the editor and have seen a couple of PA, CA you think is wrong, dont write it out but hide it under spoiler.

NOTE:
Im gonna explain how FM ratings system work. Sigames are NOT giving out ratings and stats themselves, this is how it works.

Every team in game has an individual expert that decides ratings and stats for every player in his club
I know this cause im the official editor for club Malmö FF

Its a swedish club, so we also got a facebook group and discuss forum where we together discuss and rate players in the whole league so it reflects reality as good as possible.

--------------------------------------

So thats how ratings are made, individual experts. So it aint possible to blame or tell Sigames for "bad ratings".

So yeah, we can kind of see how good a player is, and notice ingame how good he becomes
This is no "spoiler" I think so feel free to write out what you think on a player just based on star ratings, scout reports, stats and so on

Last edited:
Is this not better off in the Players section?

Framåt Malmö!

Ryan Mason is very underrated, nearly good enough for a Championship team. I'm not saying he should be like Iniesta or anything, but he is very poor I think. Stat wise

Framåt Malmö!

Ryan Mason is very underrated, nearly good enough for a Championship team. I'm not saying he should be like Iniesta or anything, but he is very poor I think. Stat wise

Agreed, hes the kind of player that arent that good but still important and could have higher CA I think
Are u from sweden/scandinavia btw?
if u are contact me in PM

Alright, my turn
Aubameyang
So underrated!
Right now hes up there amongst some of the best strikers in the world
and hes been consistent previous seasons too

Hes got almost maxed out pace an acceleration, and I know that these stats have a heavy CA weight

But still, hes strong, good vision and passer, decent dribbler and very good on the ball

He is nothing but pace on FM and that doesnt do him justice irl
hes techincal stats and mental are terrible
deservers more vision, passing, dribbling , strenght, finishing, technique

Hes the third best in bundesliga behind lewa and muller, hes **** close to muller I think the way he plays now!
160 CA wouldnt be wrong

Hello

Here we can discuss players we think are underrated, or overrated ingame. Both potential and CA.
But remember , if you want to write out exact Ability and Potential (CA & PA) always hide it in spoilers.

So if you are using the editor and have seen a couple of PA, CA you think is wrong, dont write it out but hide it under spoiler.

NOTE:
Im gonna explain how FM ratings system work. Sigames are NOT giving out ratings and stats themselves, this is how it works.

Every team in game has an individual expert that decides ratings and stats for every player in his club
I know this cause im the official editor for club Malmö FF

Its a swedish club, so we also got a facebook group and discuss forum where we together discuss and rate players in the whole league so it reflects reality as good as possible.

--------------------------------------

So thats how ratings are made, individual experts. So it aint possible to blame or tell Sigames for "bad ratings".

So yeah, we can kind of see how good a player is, and notice ingame how good he becomes
This is no "spoiler" I think so feel free to write out what you think on a player just based on star ratings, scout reports, stats and so on

Also another thing. For example, Im an editor for a swedish team, so I know how to get into contact with swedish editors.
But I dont know about other countries, so if you are an editor or know about this, write in the thread and we can send some opinions to those editors
I'm not saying he should be like Iniesta or anything, but he is very poor I think.
o.png

Alright, my turn
Aubameyang
So underrated!
Right now hes up there amongst some of the best strikers in the world
and hes been consistent previous seasons too

Hes got almost maxed out pace an acceleration, and I know that these stats have a heavy CA weight

But still, hes strong, good vision and passer, decent dribbler and very good on the ball

He is nothing but pace on FM and that doesnt do him justice irl
hes techincal stats and mental are terrible
deservers more vision, passing, dribbling , strenght, finishing, technique

Hes the third best in bundesliga behind lewa and muller, hes **** close to muller I think the way he plays now!
160 CA wouldnt be wrong

agree.. Lewandowski is also underrated.

Ashley Williams = Underrated
Jefferson Montero = Underrated
Gylfi Sigurosson = Underrated

In short; most of the Swansea side are just stupidly underrated, same with Southampton.

Brilliant thread. Send these opinions to the 'editors'. While they're laughing, read the guidelines about changing attributes - that it needs backing up with proof.

Brilliant thread. Send these opinions to the 'editors'. While they're laughing, read the guidelines about changing attributes - that it needs backing up with proof.

What are you talking about? lol

This is just a thread where we can talk about overrated/underrated players, not that we really expect a change, mostly just some opinions.. for fun

Im an editor myself so I know the whole process

The FM database is so accurate, it's used by many professional scouting networks. Of all leagues in the world, I seriously doubt SI could screw up ratings for the Premier League. In my opinion, this is the most in depth and accurate database of all time. Youth and academy players are sooo much more accurate now.

The FM database is so accurate, it's used by many professional scouting networks. Of all leagues in the world, I seriously doubt SI could screw up ratings for the Premier League. In my opinion, this is the most in depth and accurate database of all time. Youth and academy players are sooo much more accurate now.

Dude, SI dont even do the ratings

The ratings are made by en expert who is doing it for free / volunteer work
Im an expert myself for a team, I decided ratings and stats for all A team + youth players this year and the last

And yes, you can never make it 100 %
There are some really underrated, and overrated players in game. This is cause, every editor thinks differently

For example, oscar in chelsea, hes defending grows to like 15 tackling, marking and positioning which is absolutley insanley wrong
hes a workhorse and decent defensive player for being a CAM, but hes defensive stats can grow to the heights of a decent Centre back which is totally wrong

Last edited:
It's ludicrous to think any player is 100% spot on, nothing wrong with using the Database Editor to **** up some insanely good player and improve other players. Have you seen Ashley Williams in real life? I would have him in my team over people like Phil Jones or Lovren any day.

It's ludicrous to think any player is 100% spot on, nothing wrong with using the Database Editor to **** up some insanely good player and improve other players. Have you seen Ashley Williams in real life? I would have him in my team over people like Phil Jones or Lovren any day.
I'm not saying it is. Researchers ('editors') need evidence when changes are being proposed and they'll then make the adjustments based on that. "Opinion" won't get you anywhere.

I'm not saying it is. Researchers ('editors') need evidence when changes are being proposed and they'll then make the adjustments based on that. "Opinion" won't get you anywhere.

Not exactly

The team I edit, we have a facebook group and forum where we discuss these matter, we have votings and such
Both opinions and stats/fact can be brought in. Football isnt all about stats or facts as you call it, far from it
its acutal opinions of how good a player are and the different aspects of his game

For example, a majority of the other editors thought that I put my teams main striker too high
So we had a voting and lowered him a little bit

Nevermind, this is not part of the disscussion anyway, since the purpose of the thread isnt really to inform editors, more just to discuss
If someone is intrested they could just tell an editor like "hey dont u think aubameyang should be higher"
Its his opinion in the end. Or the opinion of the German editors in this case for example could have a voting

Last edited:
Updated OP

The threads purpose is more to discuss a bit, for fun, and perhaps different editors from different teams might have a peak in here.
FM Base is quite a popular forum, Im an editor myself, so lets just discuss some players here, also discuss teams, maybe some teams have their players put too high, the players might be really OP and the team hard to beat, these things

Not a thread with a purpose of expecting the editors to change their views of their players