Resource icon

Papamogl's 5-3-2-2 / 4-4-2 hybrid - Perfect Football 20.4.1

Interesting formation. Can I play purely attacking wingers in the IWB (A)? Or do they need to have some element of defensive attributes?

Thanks xeno94. While some defensive attributes will be better, purely attacking wingers are fine in that position. I'm fielding Talles Magno (a striker) there, and he does extremely well. I bet Achraf Hakimi would rock in this role!

Here you go:

Tactic.jpg

I hope this helps.

The left wingback should be instructed to mark the opponents ST (CR), your BPD to mark ST (C), and your left WB to mark ST (CL). Your IWB should be set to mark opponents wingers. These are the most important ones.

Also set your wingbacks to run wide with the ball and sit narrower. The DLP is instructed to stay wider and run wide with the ball (to make space for the IWB). That's about it. Please let me know how the tactic works for you.

Btw, are tacticts still being tested? Would be cool if this tactic could be tested.

I've not had too much success with it so far. Brentford in PL, but concede far too often, not only against elite teams in the league

Thank you for the feedback Adam! The style of football is technically demanding, so it is probably better suited for top league teams. Ajax and Dortmund have an ideal player base for this tactic - technically gifted and lots of speed.