Paris FC - Coming Out From PSG's Shadow

Chapter 53: A Good Start And A Winnable Europa League Group

Stevie McPake never really found his feet in France and after just a season with us, he returns to Scotland. We made £1.7 million from the sale to Celtic which isn't too shabby as we picked him up on a free.

mcpake.jpg

Another player that hasn't quite come on as much as I'd have liked is Guo Yuze, so when Koln came in with a bid of £5.5 million rising to £8 million with add ons, I snapped their hand off.

yuze.jpg

I continue to seek out these absolute bargains and here's another. Andres Garcia was miserable as sin at Atletico Madrid, playing in their B team. Now I know it's only the B team, but he has 75 goals in 117 games, so was well worth the £2.7 million I paid for him...even if he flops, I'll get a lot more than that back if I need to sell him!

garcia.jpg

Then it was time for another player to leave. Chris Richards joined the club last Summer on a free transfer and only managed 9 games as he was ravaged with injuries. I didn't think he was all that good if I'm honest, so when West Ham were willing to stump up £11.5 million for him, I was happy to accept and let him leave.

richards.jpg

So my transfer budget was back up to £13.5 million again, but I desperately needed to bring a centre back in after allowing Bamba and Richards to leave this Summer. My first signing to cover the central defence role is former Portugal under 21, Jorge Silva. He joins from Mallorca where he had a blinding season last year, for £4.5 million.

silva.jpg

silva career.jpg

Investment in the future is something I've always focused on and this signing is further proof. We raid Bordeaux for their French U18s centre back Youssef Tagnaouti, who joins us for a fee of £1.7 million. Hopefully he'll fulfill his potential and become a key player for us in years to come.

tagnaouti.jpg

Pre season started off slowly with a couple of draws, but got better and better and I feel suitably prepared that my squad is ready for the competitive games to start.

pre season.jpg

With Ligue 1 just about to commence, we have a look at the season preview as always. Our stature in the country continues to grow, as does our respect from the bookies. They have us finishing in the top 6 this year and we are starting to establish ourselves as one of the top sides in France.

preview.jpg

As we lined up for our first game of the season against Sochaux, there was no less than 7 debutants present in the starting lineup! The question was how long would it take all the newbies to gel and settle in at the club...

7 debuts.jpg

Ligue 1; Well for our first competitive game with the overhauled squad, we didn't do too badly. A solid 1-0 win away from home will do.

1st game.jpg

Continuing the trend of brining youngsters into the club, I sign another. Lasse Uhlig joins from Schalke for a fee of £2.8 million. With him being 18 years old, I may look to send him out on loan for this season and see how he gets on...I reckon he's good enough to play at Ligue 2 level already.

uhlig.jpg

Ligue 1; We were well on top for majority of the game against Nantes, so it would have been unjustified to lose this game. I was pleased when we got the late equalizer, but it feels like 2 points lost after how much we dominated.

nantes.jpg

Ligue 1; We were straight back to winning ways against Amiens though. An easy game for us where we were in control from the first minute to the last.

amiens.jpg

We will come up against Lazio again in the group stage of this year's Europa League after knocking them out of the competition last year. I've got to fancy that it will be us two that qualify from this group unless there is a major upset.

europa group.jpg

Ligue 1; Stade Rennais have been tricky opponents for us in the past, so I'm really pleased with this win away from home.

rennais.jpg

Still early days, but a solid start from us and only PSG sit above us after 4 games.

league.jpg

Looking forward for another update, hopefully Dragus can take Paris FC to the next level. Btw, how is Denis Man doing in your save?

Chapter 54: League Form Gone To ****!

On transfer deadline day, I managed to offload one more player. Roberto Lopez has been unhappy with the lack of starts he's made for the club and with the new arrivals that have come in, I didn't envisage him making my starting 11 much this season either. So I allowed him to join Villa for £6.5 million.

lopez.jpg

There was no surprise to see PSG making the 3 highest transfers of the window and forking out nearly £200 million again this Summer. Seems to be pretty standard for them every year!

window.jpg

Arjen Van Der Horst is a Belgian regen who has become one of the world's greatest players by the time he'***** 21 years of age!

van der horst.jpg

Ligue 1: Bordeaux were promoted back to the top tier again last season and we gave them a nice little welcome back.

bordeaux.jpg

Not good news as we lose first choice centre back, Jean-Kevin Duverne, for over a month.

duverne injury.jpg

Europa League Group Stage: We weren't at our best in the first half against the Swiss side here, but the 2nd period was much better after I gave the lads a kick up the jacksy at half time.

st gallen.jpg

Ligue 1: Our first loss of the season came at the hands of Lille. It was a crushing defeat and we were simply humiliated by them on our own turf and it was time for me to dish out my first b0ll0cking of the season!

lille.jpg

Ligue 1: We followed that up with another defeat away at Montpellier, and just like that we are 8 points behind PSG!

montpellier.jpg

Europa League Group Stage: We got back to winning ways with a comfortable victory over Hibs in the Europa League though. Hopefully, this can be a catalyst to get back to winning in the league as well.

hibs.jpg

Not all the Scottish sides were struggling in Europe though, as Celtic were busy winning 10-0 against Ukrainian side, Kolos Kovalivka.

celtic result.jpg

If we were going to get back to winning ways in domestic competition, then this was the best opportunity to do it as we played a Nice side at the bottom of the division without a win so far this season!

nice league pos.jpg

Ligue 1: So it wasn't surprising when we got the win to get back on track. What probably was more surprising was that the winning goals came from my right back!

nice.jpg

Ligue 1: A calamitous error at the back between keeper and centre back (virtually tackling each other) allowed Le Havre to score the only goal of the game and steal a win over us here. I used the word steal as just look at those stats....oh and we missed a penalty!

le havre.jpg

le havre stats.jpg

There's no denying our domestic form has gone completely off the rails and it has seen us drop to 6th in the table and well off the pace of the leaders.

league.jpg

Chapter 55: Disaster!

Our league form has been dreadful and unforutnately, things went from bad to worse over the next couple of months. We dropped all the way down to 16th in the league after a terrible run of results that included back to back 5-1 defeats against Caen and Valenciennes.

back to back defeats.jpg

It was the final straw for the board and on 14th December 2026 I was relieved from my position as manager of Paris FC!

sacked.jpg

During my time with the club, I was handed 3 Manager of the Year awards, won a Ligue 2 title and guided Paris FC to Champions League football.

career 2.jpg

With a win percentage of 55% from my 281 games in charge, it's fair to say it was a successful and enjoyable time for me with the club, even if I didn't fulfil my long term ambition of becoming bigger than PSG.

career.jpg

With the aim of this save being to overtake PSG with the smaller Paris club, I will not be continuing with this one and instead will embark on a new Football Manager journey. Please comment on the options below to let me know what you'd like to see. I didn't start the day expecting to begin a new save on FM, so not sure what to do...

Option 1: Pick a mid table Czech side and try to guide them to domestic and European glory by only signing Czech players.

Option 2: A journeyman save starting with no experience and no qualifications and seeing where it takes me.

Option 3: Pick a mid table side from the National League South/North and try to take them to the top of English football.

Option 4: Start as an ex professional footballer with top coaching badges and top level experience. Start unemployed and see what happens (basically a journeyman but with a head start on the coaching badges and playing experience side of things).

Option 5: Be the team I support...Gillingham.

Let me know in the comments below what you reckon I should go for guys.

Tough break. I like the idea of option 4, especially if you sprinkle some narrative in and add some history.

I would go with option 1 and try to restore Banik Ostrava to it's former glory.

@TheNotSoSpecialOne I have a question about the paris fc 2 team. Does your team have an active league? I'm in season 4 and still my reserve team has not entered a viewable league.

Amazing save, dedication, and story man! Thanks for sharing. That was a great read