Part exchanges

Reaction score
Has anyone had any part ex's work yet? I've tried about 5 times. Each time my player has been fir sale and up as not needed and each time he's rejected a move. And I'm talking about a few players here.

Also something I've noticed, si always leave out an amount. Last time it was the 15 million incrament, now they have put that in but taken out the 30m!

Look at what position they're looking for. Also, if they're showing an interest in someone you don't need anymore, then that helps out too :)

they never work with me..the player i want to get rid of never wants to go or accept the weekly wages they're being offered...

Look at what position they're looking for. Also, if they're showing an interest in someone you don't need anymore, then that helps out too :)

You have the wrong end of the stick, the club agree to the player etc, but like njenman says, the player never agrees wages etc.

Not something I have used often, but recently swapped Serieix for D. Perquis in my Toulouse game. Swapped a poor striker for a decent defender.Can work well

i like them alot sometimes, i did one for blackburn once with city, they wanted steve reid so i said 10m plus bellamy and kompany and they accepted, i was happy

i like them alot sometimes, i did one for blackburn once with city, they wanted steve reid so i said 10m plus bellamy and kompany and they accepted, i was happy

What a great piece of buisness. I've never tried it myself. But would love to make a dramatic swap. Like the eto'o for imbrahimovic trade this year. Makes your career more exciting ^^)

It can be easy if:
- you offer a player who is needed by that team. If your opposite need a striker, just offer them with the striker.
- you offer a right price for the part of exchange.

this must be the thread with the worst use of the english language ever!! <) i could barely even make sense of what was being asked or said!! haahha!

and you call yourselves english <) just joking.

i have had alot of luck with regards to the player exchange, always works for me, does the club you are wanting to swap the player you want want your player in return??
the only way for this to work is if you offer your player that they are interested in for a player on their team! otherwise you are going to never win!

I've managed to do 1,5 part-exchange deals on FM10 and FM09. On FM10 I bought Lloris for 40m and Song. Lyon was interested in him for a season and he didn't plat much too. I offered them 30M for Lloris they then wanted 53M+Song. So I made a new offer of 40M and Song and everyone accepted the deals offered. The second deal was on my Man City game on 09. I was in season 4 or 5 and didn't have anything to do with all the money. So i decided to buy Kaka, I made a 50M offer but they wanted more. Milan was interested in Gareth Bale so I offered him too and Milan accepted, Kaka accepted but Bale rejected twice. I then bought Kaka for 100M and sold Bale a week later to Milan for 30M.

I'm not having trouble getting bids accepted, for instance a 7.5m plus song for toulalan, or rosisky plus cash. They all get accepted, but MY player I'm offering NEVER accepts. I offered a crappy youth player plus cash, it got accepted and my youth player turned down the move on wages!

hmmm, what teams are you offering him to and waht team are you?? they are not going to really want to go from Manshitty to a QPR or Leeds if they are 1st team sort of players in your squad!
best thing to do is either continuously dont play them, offer them out all the time and for dirt cheap too, (will get alot more clubs interested) and will hopefully then know that he is not needed at all! (check if he is uneeded by the club once offered, change his team status also, from backup to not needed, to 1st team player) gets them upset, try and fine him if you can, interact with him saying learn from your GK or something(maybe striker if attacking player (must be different postion) gets them ****** off too!

are you his favoured personel? cause that may be a problem if you are! they tend to stay!

place him in your u/18 for a couple of weeks, offer him much lower new contracts, put him up for loan too!
good luck mate.

who is it you are trying to get rid of btw?

would it not be better if you tried to make the player you want rid off unhappy. Put him on the hardest training by himself, train him into a new position (striker to a defender ect). also redicule him in public to really **** him off.

Hi,

after my first season with Spurs, swapped Bostock for Michael Johnson. straight swap.

In reply to above posts, I am arsenal trying to buy toulalan nice and cheap. I put song up for sale as not needed and I havnt played him at all. He keeps refusing to swap to Lyon because of wages and not being given a good status. Rositsky(can't spell it) done the same. I then offered Emmanuel Thomas to villa for davies plus cash, got accepted but Thomas refused to go. I keep missing out on really good deals!

keep trying all the time mate, they will eventually go and ask you maybe to subsidise the remainder of their contract with you to cover the cheaper wages the new clubs are offering them (if its one of your 1st team players) you might pay 10 000 a month for 2-3 yrs depending on how long they have left on the contract!

just keep on trying all the time mate, it will eventually happen!

I've never done a part-exchange in all my time on FM.

Back