Patrick Vieira - from Midfielder to Manager

Mata could also do a decent job as a striker if it comes to it!

I use him as a second striker, bargain at 15 mil :)

I think Mata is coming big bargain for you! Always liked that man but never managed him in FMs... gotta buy him when I get FM16... :D

He looks class mate :)

Mata could also do a decent job as a striker if it comes to it!

I use him as a second striker, bargain at 15 mil :)

Not a bad shout that, I had thought of playing him there :) Just couldn't turn him down at £15 million

View attachment 196925

After the Mata deal was signed and sealed I then went back to Man Utd for defensive cover ...

View attachment 196924

Chris Smalling was also transfer listed by Man Utd after failing to feature much in their impressive season last time out.

View attachment 196923

£5 million is a relatively low price for anyone at this level.

I can't see him overtaking Laporte but he looks good cover and is almost certainly a far better player than Gabriel Paulista who I've put on the transfer list.

Smalling is a great buy at 5 million!

Trained in england too so helps that quota

View attachment 196918

After Smalling signed, I decided that Gabriel Paulista was no longer needed and immediately put him on the transfer list.

It wasn't long before he had an offer or two ...

View attachment 196917

Sassuolo and Napoli both offering for the central defender.

Napoli, very kindly, offered £2 million more than Sassuolo and therefore their offer was accepted.

At £4 million it means that Chris Smalling only cost an additional million which makes his transfer look even better, although his wages are a bit higher.

View attachment 196920

Man Utd then returned the favour by offering for one of our lads ...

View attachment 196919

Man Utd offered £16.25 million in total for winger, Serge Gnabry.

Although the total value of the transfer was over £16 million, they were only prepared to offer £8.75 million of that up-front.

I've rejected it simply because I want to give him a chance to see how good he is. I don't need the money either as we've got a huge budget.

I may reconsider in the new year if he hasn't performed.​

Verdict - Offer rejected.

View attachment 196915

It was then the tale of the strikers with one coming in and one (almost) going out ...

View attachment 196914

Anthony Martial was also available, once again from Man Utd!

As soon as I realised I put in an offer ...

View attachment 196913

The biggest transfer of the summer for us here as a deal worth £23.5 million was accepted for Anthony Martial.

Although that's a huge amount of money, only £13 million is paid up front with the rest based on performances and achievements.

View attachment 196912

Martial signs for a big fee but also comes with huge potential.

He hasn't kicked on at all yet since Man Utd signed him a few seasons ago.

He spent last season on loan at Lazio where he scored 4 goals in 25 appearances, but was played on the wing mainly. Even more worringly is that he has only scored 6 goals for Man Utd in his 3 year spell there, although he's only made 25 appearances for them.

He's still only 22 and with bags of potential.

We then had an offer made for one of our own strikers ...

View attachment 196911

Athletico Madrid offered £3 million for Carlos Tevez which didn't interest me in the slightest.

Tevez had a brilliant season last year and was the clubs top goalscorer. I appreciate that his best days are probably behind him but there's no way I'd even get close to replacing him for £3 million.

We don't need the money and are already short in that position so the offer was rejected.​

Some really good signings in Martial and Mata, and a great 'cover' signing in Smalling. Looks like United are taking a bit of a hammering from you!

Really do enjoy your story, as i've said before, its brilliantly laid out. Hope there's some more updates to come today!

Mate would have been easier to take over United haha.

Martial is another good buy though!

Whats wrong with your save mate? ManU dominated in mine and players like Martial are worth 100+ million €.

Some really good signings in Martial and Mata, and a great 'cover' signing in Smalling. Looks like United are taking a bit of a hammering from you!

Really do enjoy your story, as i've said before, its brilliantly laid out. Hope there's some more updates to come today!

Thanks mate! I'm pretty happy with the transfers so far but we've got £60 million to spend so there could maybe some more to follow ;)
Thanks man!! :) No more updates today but hoping to get some in tomorrow :)

Mate would have been easier to take over United haha.

Martial is another good buy though!

Probably would have been yeah! haha :) Less expensive anyway

Whats wrong with your save mate? ManU dominated in mine and players like Martial are worth 100+ million €.

They were okay last season and got to the Champions League final :p Martial just hasn't done anything though and even struggled at Lazio last season! Hopefully he can come good for me like in your save :)

The best is yet to come !

I'm delighted that finaly you've found a club as Arsenal ! The futur is promised to be brighter than in Milan , back at home in our loving England , you cannot make us upset !.

The times .

Hello sir , do you really think your shoulder are strong enough to fill up goals club ?

You still have fame to our fans , but what will hapen after two losses ? Will you have the strengh enough to deal with the huge pressure in a club like Arsenal ?

Thank you for replying those questions !

I'm still one of your fans , and also addicted to this thread !!

Merry Christmas !

Great read!!

Awesome read, although I'm not happy you're stealing all MUFC's players!! oO) I buy FM every year but have been into way more this year than ever before - this is my first time reading and posting on FM base! I was looking for some advice, I am looking to creating a story like yourself, but with a MUFC legend instead! How do you set yourself up as Patrick Viera? Do you simply create a manager with his name and then similar attributes etc, or do you use some sort of editor? If so, is it easy to do? (I have never used an editor on FM before!) Thanks in advance!! :D

Awesome read, although I'm not happy you're stealing all MUFC's players!! oO) I buy FM every year but have been into way more this year than ever before - this is my first time reading and posting on FM base! I was looking for some advice, I am looking to creating a story like yourself, but with a MUFC legend instead! How do you set yourself up as Patrick Viera? Do you simply create a manager with his name and then similar attributes etc, or do you use some sort of editor? If so, is it easy to do? (I have never used an editor on FM before!) Thanks in advance!! :D

Haha, I'll try and leave the Utd players alone from now haha ;) I just create a manager with the name of the legend and upload a picture :) You could go onto the editor and then delete the real one from the game but I didn't bother for this save!
Good luck if you do decide to do a story :)

This is superb mate, it's because of yourself and xJamieWilliams' Stevie G story that has encouraged me to do my Teddy Sheringham save/story. Thanks mate, I was hitting the FM wall, where I didn't know who to play with or be, but you've changed that and I'm really enjoying my story/save now, first time for ages I've struggled to stop playing FM. Cheers, keep up the good work. :)

This is superb mate, it's because of yourself and xJamieWilliams' Stevie G story that has encouraged me to do my Teddy Sheringham save/story. Thanks mate, I was hitting the FM wall, where I didn't know who to play with or be, but you've changed that and I'm really enjoying my story/save now, first time for ages I've struggled to stop playing FM. Cheers, keep up the good work. :)

Thanks mate :) big praise :) I've seen your story which is really good! Have to admit that I've been a bit of a silent reader though :p Good luck with your story! Keep it up :)

Thanks mate :) big praise :) I've seen your story which is really good! Have to admit that I've been a bit of a silent reader though :p Good luck with your story! Keep it up :)

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback too. I've been a silent reader on yours too, but feel sometimes it's nice to make a comment, as it gives you/everyone a little boost that all the work you are doing is being noticed and keeps motivation high. :)

View attachment 196602

With the season about to start, we had now played our last pre-season fixture and was looking forward to the season starting next week.

View attachment 196601

We've got to be pretty happy with our pre-season form.

The only disappointment was the first game against Monaco which ended in a 2-0 defeat.

After that defeat though we then went on to win all 6 remaining friendlies.

The biggest result was the 2-0 win against Liverpool in Lucas Leiva's testimonial match. Liverpool actually played a pretty strong team here which made the win even more pleasing.

Player of pre-season

Alexis Sanchez

View attachment 196600

6 goals in 6 games for Sanchez in pre-season made sure he was the most impressive player during pre-season.

His 6 goals included braces against Millwall and Bristol City as he went on to record an average rating of 8.2 for the 6 games he played.

With pre-season out the way it was time to focus on the Premier League which was set to start in a couple of days ...

View attachment 196599

We start the season with a pretty favourable set of fixtures.

The first 3 games should all be comfortable wins. We face 2 of the promoted sides in the 3 games in Watford and Brighton. Norwich should also be straight forward as they finished 17th last season, surviving relegation on the final day of the season.

We then take on Southampton which will be the first real test before the Europa League draw will be made.

Let's see what the experts think about our chances this season ...

View attachment 196598

The bookies and pundits feel that 4th place will be the best we could hope for this season.

Chelsea and Man City will be battling it out for the title according to the experts but they feel it will be really close between the top 4.​

View attachment 196583

With the season starting in just a matter of days, we received some of the worst news we could have imagined ...

View attachment 196582

I'm absolutely gutted!

Tevez will have to be the main striker for now but with still another £60 million to spend I may look at bringing another striker in before the end of the window.​

Back