Patrick Vieira - from Midfielder to Manager

View attachment 197392

After turning down Getafe, the very next day I was given the opportunity to meet the owners of both Arsenal and Liverpool to attend an interview.

View attachment 197391

View attachment 197390

I attended both interviews and both seemed to go pretty well.

I'd be delighted to even be considered for either job but I guess my emotional pull is more towards Arsenal after my playing days there.

However Carlo Ancelotti is still at shorter odds than I am for both clubs.

Well that's one down, one to go!

View attachment 197384

Liverpool appoint serial winner, Carlo Ancelotti.

I can't really complain at losing to Ancelotti as he's won everything in the game multiple times over and has managed the biggest clubs in the world.

This leaves all my eggs in Arsenal's basket !!

View attachment 197378

After missing out on the Liverpool job, Arsenal came to my rescue as I re-join the club I had so much success with as a player.

View attachment 197376

Arsenal is a club close to my heart so I'm delighted to have returned!

A big job lies ahead though after missing out on Champions League for the first time in 20 years. Hopefully we can keep the same group of players and add a couple of real quality.​

View attachment 197370

Right, after being appointed Arsenal manager, my first job was to check out the squad.

View attachment 197369

Well my first impression on the squad is that it is absolutely huge! Although having said that a lot of the youth players are in the first time now the season has finished.

The stand out players are obviously, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Aaron Ramsey. There also looks to be a lot of 'good' players but ones that aren't world class.

Even as it is, this squad is far better than the one I had at Milan.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get this group of players to finish top 4 which is all the chairman is bothered about for this season.​

Good luck with Arsenal. I have been a silent reader but its a ****** good story you have going, and your layout is top notch as well!

Look forward to seeing how you do 'back home'.

Good luck with Arsenal. I have been a silent reader but its a ****** good story you have going, and your layout is top notch as well!

Look forward to seeing how you do 'back home'.

Thanks mate :) looks a tough job but there's loads of quality there. Champions League should be realistic enough :) thanks!

Wow Arsenal really look different to my save. But Laporte is a huge signing (made by Pep I guess?). But sadly most of them don't really look like quality. I'm a bit envious because AOC isn't as good in my save :(

Wow Arsenal really look different to my save. But Laporte is a huge signing (made by Pep I guess?). But sadly most of them don't really look like quality. I'm a bit envious because AOC isn't as good in my save :(

Laporte looks quality mate, never managed him before but looking forward to this time around. AOC looks pretty good to be fair, the 2 wingers (Sanchez and AOC) pick themselves really :)

View attachment 197355

And now onto the frontmen, and probably the area I worry about the most ...

View attachment 197354

So there we have it!

On the whole I'm pretty happy with the squad I've inherited but I know that we could do with strengthening in a couple of areas!

Fortunately, the budget we've been given more than makes up for it ...

View attachment 197353

Near enough £100 million to spend in the summer.

This should give me plenty to add a couple of players. We might even have enough to sign a huge name!​

I was annoyed when you left Milan, but at least I quite like Arsenal so will be good to see what you can do!

Berrelin always plays superb in my saves (not managing Arsenal).

Keen to see what strikers you are going to bring in!

Also I hope nobody reads this who also reads my story, but Coq and Welbeck are real quality for me. Especially Welbeck.

When did Özil and Giroud leave? Thats a really bumper. But Gomes is great too. Also don't forget your youth. There is some insane quality in Maitland-Niles and Dragomir, Crowley is good too and the Jeff is as good as it gets.

What a budget ha ha ! I 'll be waiting to see your signings !!

I was annoyed when you left Milan, but at least I quite like Arsenal so will be good to see what you can do!

Berrelin always plays superb in my saves (not managing Arsenal).

Keen to see what strikers you are going to bring in!

Thanks man! Bellerin looks good, lets see if can match the performances of Zappacosta from Milan! Strikers are the big one for us, doesn't seem to be many available though.

Also I hope nobody reads this who also reads my story, but Coq and Welbeck are real quality for me. Especially Welbeck.

When did Özil and Giroud leave? Thats a really bumper. But Gomes is great too. Also don't forget your youth. There is some insane quality in Maitland-Niles and Dragomir, Crowley is good too and the Jeff is as good as it gets.

Really? Welbeck looks a bit poor on my save, might give him a chance now though haha! Ozil left last summer, I tried to sign him at Milan but he chose Juve instead! Giroud moved to Athletico at the start of the 2nd season sadly.

What a budget ha ha ! I 'll be waiting to see your signings !!

I know mate, should just about be enough ;)

View attachment 197289

So after looking at the squad, we now had to concentrate on our pre-season.

These are the fixtures we have before the season starts ...

View attachment 197287

We've got a couple of challenging games this pre-season which is a good thing, you don't want all the friendlies to be too easy.

The first game against Monaco is a test after they finished 2nd in the French league 2 years in a row.

We also face Liverpool late on, however this is for a testimonial for Lucas Levia so I'm not sure what team they'll put out.

View attachment 197284

If I were to start the season right now, this would be the team we'd start with. This is the side to get us through the first couple of pre-season games before anyone comes in.

Rulli would start in goal with Mertesacker and Laporte in front of him. The 2 full backs would be Bellerin and Willems, both of which will push up as wing backs.

Ramey will partner Emre Can in central midfield with Can being the holding player and covering the defence when he can.

Thw wingers pick themselves with Santi Cazorla playing just behind the striker.

Carlos Tevez is obviously the main striker after an impressive season last time out.​

Only on page 10 (you've just taken the AC Milan job)....I'm hooked! Great story so far, keep it up man :)

View attachment 197281

The first thing I did looking for our new recruits was to look through the transfer market.

The first player I stumbled upon immediately caught my eye ...

View attachment 197280

30 year old Juan Mata found himself on the transfer list after 5 years at Man Utd where he had joined from Chelsea for £37 million.

I'm surprised he was transfer listed after he had arguably his best season for Utd last season. He played 16 games but racked up 7 goals and 6 assists with an average rating of 8.08.

He also played a part in last seasons Champions League final which Utd lost to Chelsea.

I can only imagine that Man U are selling him due to his age and are thinking his best years are now behind him.

View attachment 197279

I put an offer in straight away which after negotiating a bit was eventually accepted.

£14.75 million was accepted. With our huge budget for this season, I was happy for it all to be paid upfront.

View attachment 197278

Pretty chuffed with this! Looks a really good player and perfect for the attacking midfield role. 3 year deal on fairly big wages but he should be one of the best players at the club.

He's certainly an improvement on Santi Cazorla who was favourite for the role before Mata joined.​

I think Mata is coming big bargain for you! Always liked that man but never managed him in FMs... gotta buy him when I get FM16... :D

Back