Pele The Most Overrated Footballer of all time ?

Is pele the most overrated player ever

• yes

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • no

Votes: 45 90.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescfc

Banned
Reaction score
IMO pele is by far the most overrated player ever. People say he is the best ever without even thinking about it. I think he is behind zidane, brazilian ronaldo and ofcourse the best ever Diego maradona.

He played in the 60s when players were not exactly athletes.

For those who say "well he won 3 world cups" it does not take 1 player to make a brazilian national team.
Yeah He's Scored 1000+ Goals...in Brazilian ****** leagues!

Thats like Sending Shearer In His prime To the Blue Square Premier
Sending Messi To Afghanistan or Ronaldo to The Irish League!

they'd have a ****** field day...

The Brazillian Leagues were a lot stronger back then than they are now. It was a perfectly viable option for top class Brazilian Internationals to play their entire career in the domestic leagues. Brazilians didn't start coming to Europe really until the '80s/90's.

So please, stop being ignorant.

IMO, that's one of the most ignorant Opening posts ive seen in a while. suggest you actually go do some proper research.

Overrated? Are you insane? He's a legend for a reason. The guy oozed pure quality, and was gracious on the field, and also off the pitch-absolute gentleman, and unflappable model proffessional. Over-rated my backside imo

Last edited:
The Brazillian Leagues were a lot stronger back then than they are now.

They may have been stronger but they were still nowhere near the strenght of europe. This is a time where arguable the best team ever real madrid 1960s won 5 european cups. I stand by my opinion that if he was around today and playing in zidane's era he would struggle to hit half that number of goals

I agree with Lee here, the Brazilian leagues had incredible quality as they didn't stray too far from home at that time, so he would have been up against some of his team mates at domestic level. His incredible all round ability cannot be ignored and its a silly deluded view to think otherwise. He had a fierce shot, was superb in the air despite his lack of height, was great at taking on and beating players and he took a pretty decent free kick too. He is one of, if not the best player to ever grace a football pitch

Tut tut

Agree with Lee. When Pele played in Brazil very few Brazilians left the country. That's like Dani Alves, Kaka, Maicon and all the rest all still playing in Brazil. It would hardly be a mickey mouse league then would it!?

They may have been stronger but they were still nowhere near the strenght of europe. This is a time where arguable the best team ever real madrid 1960s won 5 european cups. I stand by my opinion that if he was around today and playing in zidane's era he would struggle to hit half that number of goals

stand by it all you want, but the vast majority of educated people would say you're wrong.

Overrated? Are you insane?

This is problem always occurs when having this discussion. It seems inpossible to question him being "the best ever" when most people who defend him were not even alive when he retired

This is problem always occurs when having this discussion. It seems inpossible to question him being "the best ever" when most people who defend him were not even alive when he retired

you know TV existed back then right?, you know the people he played with are still alive. Its still possible to analyise everything about him.

I may not have been alive, but there is plenty of footage of him on the internet, to see what he can do. I truly wish I had of been alive to see it first hand, but hey. Screwed there lol. And all you have to do is hear what the former players who played against him have to say about him.

It would hardly be a mickey mouse league then would it!?

i agree i probably overreacted when describing the quality of the league. Im not saying hes **** by saying hes overrated i just dont feel he is some football god who is head and shoulders above everyone. IMO he is 4th behind zidane ronaldo and maradona

Zidane? Who headbutted someone in his last world cup game and tarnished himself? And Maradonna who tarnished himself forever by openly CHEATING

I may not have been alive, but there is plenty of footage of him on the internet, to see what he can do.

anyone can put together footage of players at there best. There will be no videos of him missing sitters or running the ball out of the park. Why ? because the people who take the time to make such videos idiolise them and whould never place anything harming thier reputation

anyone can put together footage of players at there best. There will be no videos of him missing sitters or running the ball out of the park. Why ? because the people who take the time to make such videos idiolise them and whould never place anything harming thier reputation

and we're not just talking about youtube, we're talking about whole matches. again there is so much of this stuff out there, and then there is the interviews with his rivals and contemporaries

Zidane? Who headbutted someone in his last world cup game and tarnished himself?

Zidane did not "tarnish" himself. He stood by himself it may have been stupit, but what would would you do if someone called your mother and sister ***** ??

Zidane did not "tarnish" himself. He stood by himself it may have been stupit, but what would would you do if someone called your mother and sister ***** ??

not headbutt them in the final of the world cup, he did tarnish himself

Status
Not open for further replies.