Penalties - Player on a Hat-trick

timmsy123

Reaction score
Alright guys, this just happened to me like 5 seconds ago. I'm playing as Middlesbrough in the Championship, winning 4-0 and David Wheater's scored 2 headers from corners. I get a penalty and he steps up to take it and fails miserably and puts it miles wide. Is there anyway of stopping players on a hat-trick taking penalties?

Manually set your penalty taker. If you don't the game lets the player with the best rating shoot.

Manually set your penalty taker. If you don't the game lets the player with the best rating shoot.

I have done, Kris Boyd is set as my penalty taker and was on the field but the game seems to always let the player who's on a hat-trick take the penalty.

this doesn't stop the problem...

even with a set panalty taker on the pitch, if a different player has scored twice he will take the penalty regardless of ability, to attempt a hattrick

i dont know if its possible to stop this and it annoys me too

You were 4-0 up, stop moaning :p

There's no way to stop this, you could call it a flaw or maybe just a nice gesture to get a hattrick, only frustrating i guess if you are drawing or losing and that penalty has the chance to win or draw the game.

You were 4-0 up, stop moaning :p
true...

but if the game is 2-2 and your CB scored both your goals and you get a pen in the 93rd minute....

he hoofs it into row Z and you don't win the game

Stop using the corner cheat?

Which is?

Just because he scored 2 in a game doesn't mean I'm using a 'cheat' I play the game properly. Set my corners to far post and then set the players accordingly :)

Not that I have to justify myself to you.

even with a set panalty taker on the pitch, if a different player has scored twice he will take the penalty regardless of ability, to attempt a hattrick

It is very annoying, as like someone else said if it was 2-2 and he missed it I'd be so annoyed.

I think they should work it into the game that you get the option and it comes up at the bottom like 'Let X take penalty or choose taker'. The player could then react after the game positively or negatively to not being allowed to get a hat-trick.

Last edited:
the only way to do this or get around it , is when the penalty is given sub the player with 2 goals , and your set penalty taker will take it,haven't tried it but it may work

But why would you substitute arguably your best defender who's scored two goals?

I'm afraid you can't get it both ways - you have to hope he hits the target next time.

Oh I wasn't aware. But still, I wouldn't consider it a problem, it just adds to the realism. In reality they would let the guy on a hat-trick score I suppose.

But this also happens when the game is on the line? That wouldn't be realistic at all...

The players attributes might affect it. For example if the captain has a high influence or the player on a hat trick has high team work? Not entirely sure but that might be the case.

I didn't say you have to , i just said it's probably the only way to stop him from taking the penalty.i guess depends on how far into the game you are and other circumstances.

I'm pretty sure if the game was on the line, a defender with 2 goals wouldn't take the shot.

Winning 4-0 with a sweet opportunity at a hat trick is understandable.

Btw, you won't be able to sub the PK taker, even if you do it, the refs probably won't allow the sub in for a minute or two.

I'm pretty sure if the game was on the line, a defender with 2 goals wouldn't take the shot.

Winning 4-0 with a sweet opportunity at a hat trick is understandable.

Btw, you won't be able to sub the PK taker, even if you do it, the refs probably won't allow the sub in for a minute or two.

I think that you aren't able to make any tactical changes. I've tried to set a penalty taker the moment it's given (as I don't pre-set takers, I like to change them in the game), but it only makes the changes afterwards...

It doesn't always happen like that though in real life, when Newcastle beat Sunderland 5-0 Nolan had 2 goals and Newcastle got a penalty but Ameobi took the penalty. Obviously when I'm 4-0 it doesn't matter but if this happens when its 2-2 or whatever then I'll be pretty ******!

Not necessarily true. For some reason, in my last game Sissoko took a penalty (his stats are 9 for penalty taking) and missed. I checked the rest of the line up and there were several players with 15+ for penalty taking, and the guy wasn't on a hat-trick, so I can't explain it.