Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Penalty bonanza!!

Reaction score
I have been subjected to many a penalty nightmare in games (against me), it was nice to get a few back! I hardly touched the ball (41%) all game, and as usual was impotent in front of goal in open play but chalked up a 3-0 regardless :D:D The game seems tighter this year I think that is close to my biggest win!

Reaction score
justace was done really, i have had 2 pens in a match but i dont think i have ever had three :p

Reaction score
in all the years ive been playing fm or cm ive only had 3pens in a game once, ive had 2 in fm09, is it me or has anyone else thought ive hit the bar more times than a alcholic? seem to hit the bar or post at least twice per game

Reaction score
You don't have Kieron Richardson in your team by any chance do you? I always laugh when I hit the bar and it catapaults back to almost the half-way line! Then gets slammned in from forty yards only to hit the bar again!

Penalties could be an issue in the match engine but SI usually take a note of these things and tweak it in the updates. They are always awsome with the follow up support.

Reaction score
I had 3 pens in a game the other day and becasue of making subs I think I had 3 different scorers - will try and get a screenshot later.

Reaction score
hope they bring out new update soon and iron out these problems, no im man utd so not got richardson lol listening to the tranmere v peterborough cup match last week was like listening to commentry from fm09 posh hit bar once and post 3times lol

Reaction score
As if people arn't continuing this thread??!! The penalty thread is the best thread ever born!!! Get your picks up posh boy and generate some more interest!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well my 1st season i got penelty after penelty now i dont in the 2nd season

Reaction score
Most I have had is 2 on FM08. Most I have had on FM09 is 1. (In a single game).

Reaction score
people should put up screenshots of the most league penalties they've had in one season lol id love to see somone with 38 :)

Reaction score
ahaha nahh not good enough
jokes that ******* amazing your penality spot must be like a camels **** by now aha