Pep Guardiola genious or lucky ?

What is the secret behind Guardiola succsess ?

• He is a genious

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • He is lucky to be managing such a good team

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Very good Manager, wouldn't say he is a genious, mostly because he simply hasn't had to be.

His tactics are fanstastic though, say what you like about the squad that he inherited, but he's turned them into one of the greatest teams ever, the High pressure that they put teams under and the hunting in packs for the ball is no doubt down to him so give the man some credit.

Good, meticulous coach. lucky to inherit such good, but good and dynamic enough to take it to a new level. To call him a genius is overstate things, especially when compared to the achievements of other managers

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Very good Manager, wouldn't say he is a genious, mostly because he simply hasn't had to be.

His tactics are fanstastic though, say what you like about the squad that he inherited, but he's turned them into one of the greatest teams ever, the High pressure that they put teams under and the hunting in packs for the ball is no doubt down to him so give the man some credit.

to be fair the high pressing game hunting in packs isn't new to Barca, or even football but hes deserve its for bringing back to the club so effectively

No disputing the fact that he has got Barcelona playing some great football, but he has inherited arguably one of the best attacking teams of all time. I would like to see him do the same at a side who isn't so talented, that is the sign of true genius.

Good, meticulous coach. lucky to inherit such good, but good and dynamic enough to take it to a new level. To call him a genius is overstate things, especially when compared to the achievements of other managers

8 trophies in 3 years and the first manager ever to win the sixtuple i dont quiet know who has achieved more. Agree with everything else.

8 trophies in 3 years and the first manager ever to win the sixtuple i dont quiet know who has achieved more. Agree with everything else.

again, good and dymanic, meticulous in his approach, but lucky enough to inherit one of the finest squads the would. still doesnt make him a genius.

Last edited:
He also managed Barcelona's B team am I right? He got them promoted into Liga Adelante. He's both Lucky and a Genius. Gets the best out of his players, and a good man manager.

He also managed Barcelona's B team am I right? He got them promoted into Liga Adelante. He's both Lucky and a Genius. Gets the best out of his players, and a good man manager.

Yep the fact the he has been there as a player, and been there all the way through means he knows the players inside out, their strength and weaknesses, given the kind of player he was, i'd expect him to be a great man manger

All said by iNickStuff n Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of any option.

He is not such a genious, but indeed a good manager.
Not lucky. Winning all possible titles ina season (i.e.) is not "luck".

He is a very good manager, with a very good squad, that is taiolor made for success.. I think he will have to try his hand somewhere else though, to be classed as a true great.

Quite similar to Shankley and Paisley at Liverpool, Paisley built on the foundation Shankley left behind,the same could be said of Guardiola but he still has to get the team to perform and yeah his only mistake to date really is signing Ibra for what was a ludicrous fee.

He has done well to assemble the squad he has. However tactically he isn't of the standard set by Ferguson, Mourinho or indeed Wenger. Cast your mind back to Barca's 2-1 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates. At 1-0 up he replaced an attacking minded player (Villa i think)? with Seydou Keita. Surely in a Euroean tie over 2 legs it would have made more sense to continue having a go at Arsenal and trying to get a second rather than dig deep and imo costing his side the game.

Very good coach. For those who don't think he changes his tactics he actually makes slight adjustments according to the opposition, I think it was against Espanyol where he played Dani Alves ridiculously far forward to the point where he on occasions was the furtherest player forward to expose a weak left side of Espanyol. Sometimes he gets it wrong (Inter games spring to mind), understandable considering his relative lack of experience but he can only get better
There is one thing inheriting a very impressive squad, its another getting them to play exactly how you wish and keep all of these very rich players happy, so he must be doing something right. I admire his attention to detail towards tactics and man management, getting the very best out of his squad

He is a very good manager. He is continuing the great job done by Rijkaard, but still to be able to keep that dressing room with so many stars takes some effort. The fact that he managed Barca B team helped him a lot as he knows every fine detail about all the players from the B team. He has excellent relationship with Catalan players but his signings are very poor.