Pep Guardiola loses his cool in the press conference

Now see Barca trashing Madrid and once again all the players giving "High Five".

Hope this wont happen. Would love to play Madrid in the final than Barca..

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

There are far too many United fans that seem to think the manager's job at Old Trafford is the holy grail. Do you honestly think the Man Utd job is bigger than Real or Barcelona?

On topic: The special one draws first blood, I can't believe that Pep has fallen into the Mourinho web. Should certainly make for a cracking first leg.

For many Managers it is. Not that ManUtd is bigger club(When we consider everything, ManUtd is the biggest, probably second only to Madrid) but the job to replace SAF is the biggest in the world. It is a manager's dream to succeed the manager like SAF. That is why Jose whores himself so much even though he has not relation with the club.

Mourinho is brilliant, he's actually sent Guardiola slightly mental. Great stuff as ever.

This is brilliant.

"Up until now we've had two groups of coaches," Mourinho said. "[There's] a very small group who didn't talk about referees. Then there's a larger group, of which I'm included, of coaches that criticises referees when they make big mistakes.

"And with Pep's statements we've come to a third group, which is a one-person group, who criticises good decisions made by the referee. I've never seen this before."

Mourinho is the king. No wonder that Pep is feeling the pressure. He has to use Mascherano at centre-back now with their injuries. And Iniesta is out, Adriano is...

They got some injury crisis and i hope Madrid run riot!!!!!! Cmon Madrid!

Real Madrid do have problem. Khedira and Carvalho are out, and Pepe will be deployed in the Mid, that means Ramos as a CB(which is his best position imo) and his partner will be Albiol. Doesn't fill me with confidence when Carvalho is not playing.

And also Ref is a big fan of Messi. Expect card fare for every tackle on Messi..

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Guardiola continued: "If you think that his allegation that I always complain about the referees is true after you've all heard form me over the last three years, well there's nothing I can do. Off the pitch there's nothing we can do to fight that."

Although Guardiola seemed to have been ruffled by Mourinho's apparent mind games, the Barca coach insisted his players would not be affected by all this.

He said: "Do you think the players will run more because I've spoken to Jose through the cameras? It's the Champions League semi-finals. The players won't be motivated by this, they know what I think about everything associated with this game

One thing Pep has right, Mourinho definitely has many friends in the media.

Did anyone actually watch the press conference? Any of you? YouTube - Guardiola: Mou es el puto jefe en esta sala The article is completely misleading. Jose's mind games may be a bit effective but they're even more so because the admiring press spins them since they make for great coverage. So even though Pep gives the standard response to Mourinho, the press spins it as he lost his cool (meaning Mourinho got to his head and that he's a genius).

Pep didn't lose his cool and it certainly wasn't a "rant." He was completely calm and collected and chose his words carefully. He basically said more or less that Jose was much better at playing mind games than he, but that that's outside of what happens on the field. That's pretty much the normal response you have to give to Jose. As to why he chose to say the F word twice? I'm not sure...perhaps to draw a bit of attention to himself (and off of the players). Which is the same strategy Jose uses.

I definitely think Real will go to the final though. They have momentum on their side and Mascherano at center-back doesn't give me a lot of confidence. RM will certainly park the bus next game but I think an error from Masch will be the difference in a 1-0 defeat. Then

Now see Barca trashing Madrid and once again all the players giving "High Five".

Hope this wont happen. Would love to play Madrid in the final than Barca

What does it matter who you play in the final? If anything, you should prefer Barca, because you match up better against them than against R. Madrid. If you play Barca in the final, you were certainly win. If it's Real Madrid, I don't know what will happen.

One thing Pep has right, Mourinho definitely has many friends in the media.

Did anyone actually watch the press conference? Any of you? YouTube - Guardiola: Mou es el puto jefe en esta sala The article is completely misleading. Jose's mind games may be a bit effective but they're even more so because the admiring press spins them since they make for great coverage. So even though Pep gives the standard response to Mourinho, the press spins it as he lost his cool (meaning Mourinho got to his head and that he's a genius).

Pep didn't lose his cool and it certainly wasn't a "rant." He was completely calm and collected and chose his words carefully. He basically said more or less that Jose was much better at playing mind games than he, but that that's outside of what happens on the field. That's pretty much the normal response you have to give to Jose. As to why he chose to say the F word twice? I'm not sure...perhaps to draw a bit of attention to himself (and off of the players). Which is the same strategy Jose uses.

I definitely think Real will go to the final though. They have momentum on their side and Mascherano at center-back doesn't give me a lot of confidence. RM will certainly park the bus next game but I think an error from Masch will be the difference in a 1-0 defeat. Then

What does it matter who you play in the final? If anything, you should prefer Barca, because you match up better against them than against R. Madrid. If you play Barca in the final, you were certainly win. If it's Real Madrid, I don't know what will happen.

Jose has so many against him, it is unreal. Thats the reason he didn't give interview before Copa Del Rey. Whereever he has gone, Media was always against him, which works in favor of him as he creates Us Vs the world mentality.

I would love to see Madrid in the final as i feel we have a better chance of beating them than Barca.

Jose has so many against him, it is unreal. Thats the reason he didn't give interview before Copa Del Rey. Whereever he has gone, Media was always against him, which works in favor of him as he creates Us Vs the world mentality.

I would love to see Madrid in the final as i feel we have a better chance of beating them than Barca.

No, the media loves Jose. He makes controversial comments that generate a storm of attention, which leads to more attention to the press coverage, which is good for the media. He's a larger than life figure and it's great for coverage. In this situation here, the media takes a non-story and blows it out of proportion to get people to pay attention. They want a Mourinho heavy story of the CL coverage, so they make it seem as if Mourinho played these great mind games that made Pep lose his cool. On first thought, if I were Pep I wouldn't have used the F word twice, because without the F word, there would be absolutely nothing to spin. None of his comments were the slightest bit controversial, but the mere presence of 'puto' meant that the press could say it was a "foul-mouthed rant" and that he lost his cool.

However, let's not remember that this wasn't a post-match press conference, it was a pre-match press conference. What Pep would say was obviously planned. So for some reason he decided to use the F word to get attention. My guess is that the Barca players are under a lot of pressure right now, the expectations are absolutely enormous with all of the media hype around them, and the momentum is against them right now, so he wants to divert attention away from them as much as possible. Same strategy as Jose's, take attention away from the players and to himself. And it looks like it has worked well. I did a quick survey of the Spanish media and the story isn't portrayed at all like it is here. It's pretty much portrayed as a Jose vs. Pep battle rather than Pep losing his cool. So my guess is that this was Pep's strategy, to make it look like a battle between them, as to take the attention off his own players.

It won't matter though as Madrid will definitely win, Barca has Mascherano in the defense, Puyol at LB, and no Iniesta. I bet RM still parks the bus though and scores one on a set-piece or counter to make it 1-0. This is the problem with Barca. With all of their players in, they're nearly impossible to stop. But their bench is just so weak. Afellay will play at CM, I'm guessing, and he's not ready to start for Barca at a stage like this.

Also, you shouldn't be rooting for Madrid, you should be rooting for Barca. ManU matches up much better against Barca. They are the team best-equipped to beat them in the world: motivated to get revenge after their last matchup, great defense, great organization, fast players with a great work-rate, and great on the counter (and of course the world's best coaching). They won't go out and try to play football against them since they'll have learned from their mistakes in '09, they're going to defend extremely well and absorb attack after attack, and at the right time they will counter and score. I expect Vidic, VDS, and Park to be heroes, and Hernandez or Rooney to score a timely goal. As I said before, if Barca advances to the final, I'm placing a huge bet on ManU to win.

Against Real it will be much tougher though. They're more talented, and more importantly, they want/need it more than any team in this competition. It's been a long time since they've had CL success, and ManU and Barca have had it recently. Real Madrid has absolutely been in Barca's shadow the last few seasons, and they're hungrier than ever for a major trophy (another reason they'll most likely beat Barca). They're not going to be like Barca though and play to ManU's strengths, they'll take a much more cautious and controlled approach, which will make it much tougher. Real Madrid should win it this year.

I dont see how we are more equipped to beat Barca than Madrid. We can against anyone on our day, but i would fancy our chances against Madrid than Barca as we can maintain possession better against Barca and hit them on counter too. Well I will be rooting for Madrid for the obvious reasons..

Spanish press saying he has done this on purpose. Supposedly when he came back to the hotel he got applause from everyone. Great way to get your team pumped.

Spanish press saying he has done this on purpose. Supposedly when he came back to the hotel he got applause from everyone. Great way to get your team pumped.

this. I've also heard this.

If it was a foul mouthed rant, he wouldn't have been as calm as he was when saying it.
Once again, the English press making a meal of something..

this. I've also heard this.

If it was a foul mouthed rant, he wouldn't have been as calm as he was when saying it.
Once again, the English press making a meal of something..

Yeah the Spanish press is covering this completely differently than the English press is. The English press loves creating a storm and loves Mourinho, so it's obvious that they'd portray it like this.

There are far too many United fans that seem to think the manager's job at Old Trafford is the holy grail. Do you honestly think the Man Utd job is bigger than Real or Barcelona?

Replacing Sir Alex Ferguson is the Holy Grail. I don't think they'll ever be a manager who lasts as long as he has at any club.

I highly doubt Jose will ever coach ManU...would be great if he did, but having coached Chelsea already, he won't coach any other team in the EPL.

He's said before that he wants to replace Sir Alex...

i was thinking it was a plan as well :/ Pep is a very calm person as seen many times when pressure was on..i think he wanted to give the image he was under pressure so mourinho can relax and loosen his grip. Mourinho is destroying la liga's image now tho. i want him out