Mula1995

Reaction score
Hi there,

I recently started a Barcelona tactic with the aim of trying to mimic their much talked about tiki-taka tactic and putting it in play in the game. Whilst creating the tactic there were a few statistical things that I was aiming for as a result of finding this 'perfect tactic'. Such as:

- 60-70% possession
- Having everyone in the team (aside from the GK) have a passing success rate between 80-90%
- Having the defence and midfield make at least 40 passes a game (ideally midfielders around 70-80 passes and Xavi making around 100)
- And obviously with all Barcelona tactics, seeing Messi score as rapidly as he does in real life.

However upon trying this tactic and constantly tweaking it, I have had no success in trying to create the perfect tiki-taka tactic. For instance, I will either get the desired possession but my defenders will have considerably higher amount of passes than my midfield. Or my midfield makes a lot of passes in the final third but Messi never scores, or Messi scores but my possession rate is around the low 50%s etc. you get what I mean hopefully

So my question is, does anyone know of any tiki-taka tactic that can follow those guidelines, what team or player instructions am I missing out on, or is it jus plain impossible to make that perfect Barcelona tactic.

Cheers for your help :D

Hey Raikan,

Ive gone through that possession thread countless times but I dont know theres a little piece of the puzzle missingView attachment 289627View attachment 289628View attachment 289629View attachment 289630View attachment 289631

Just some screens with my current tactic, I do use possession based shouts but as you can see from the Madrid game, Im satisfied with the 60% possession as it is madrid but Messi has 8 shots all off target, and hes not scoring near to what I know is possible with him. Whats going on?!

If you got the time to help I would greatly appreciate it!

Hey Raikan,

Ive gone through that possession thread countless times but I dont know theres a little piece of the puzzle missingView attachment 289627View attachment 289628View attachment 289629View attachment 289630View attachment 289631

Just some screens with my current tactic, I do use possession based shouts but as you can see from the Madrid game, Im satisfied with the 60% possession as it is madrid but Messi has 8 shots all off target, and hes not scoring near to what I know is possible with him. Whats going on?!

If you got the time to help I would greatly appreciate it!

Id set Messi as a DLF (S) I have Carlos Fierro play that role and he scores all the time but I have my own settings too...

View attachment 291106

i would love to hear how it goes with your tactic im desperately trying to create one of those possession tactics since i started play fm13 and it is really hard.
would like to hear your progress with it and if you have success

Hey bud, i have recently made a tactic that i believe is very much similar to the Barcelona style of football. I usually have at least 60% possesion and on average around 70% possesion. I built it in classic tactic mode as for some reason, as hard as it is to make a possesion tactic that creates goals aswell as passes, classic tactic mode seems to have more success than the modern TC. Xavi usually has between 70 and 120 passes each game and the most important factor....in the four seasons i played as Barcelona Messi scored 51 goals, 47 goals, 57 goals and 46 goals in all competitions. Aswell as Messi bieng on fire in front of goal, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Sanchez all managed to get at least 15 goals a season. In the four seasons my team have scored 700+ goals in total. I can share this tactic if you would like so you could give it a go ? :)

sure dude..i would like to try your tactic.
im trying to create a dominate possession tactic with a really poor club. the possession goes well with the classic mode.
I managed to create a lot of passes and my team can even pass the 1100 passes a game. but i just cant score goals.
I would like to see if your tactic works and if i can learn from it to try create one for myself THX MAN!

Hey bud, i have recently made a tactic that i believe is very much similar to the Barcelona style of football. I usually have at least 60% possesion and on average around 70% possesion. I built it in classic tactic mode as for some reason, as hard as it is to make a possesion tactic that creates goals aswell as passes, classic tactic mode seems to have more success than the modern TC. Xavi usually has between 70 and 120 passes each game and the most important factor....in the four seasons i played as Barcelona Messi scored 51 goals, 47 goals, 57 goals and 46 goals in all competitions. Aswell as Messi bieng on fire in front of goal, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Sanchez all managed to get at least 15 goals a season. In the four seasons my team have scored 700+ goals in total. I can share this tactic if you would like so you could give it a go ? :)
Share the tactic dude would love to see some screenshots too! :)

View attachment 294328
here is a screenshot for example..
i started a season with ajax to see how it goes with my tactic and this is in a pre season match..i know this isnt against a strong team but i still think it is a little impressive..
i would like to hear some advice to affect the goal scoring in my tactic because as you can see there is a little number of key passes.
the possession in this game was 74%

Share the tactic dude would love to see some screenshots too! :)

I will open up a thread in the tactics section if i get the time tonight, busy night ahead as alot of family is comming round, our fault for having the bigger house :p

How can i take screenshots because it used to be F11 but it doesnt work for me on my new laptop and neither does the Alt F9 option haha :)

Last edited:
I will open up a thread in the tactics section if i get the time tonight, busy night ahead as alot of family is comming round, our fault for having the bigger house :p

How can i take screenshots because it used to be F11 but it doesnt work for me on my new laptop and neither does the Alt F9 option haha :)
Ah dont worry about it have a good crimbo! release the tactic in your own time lad. maybe try print screen and saving it in word :S..........

View attachment 294328
here is a screenshot for example..
i started a season with ajax to see how it goes with my tactic and this is in a pre season match..i know this isnt against a strong team but i still think it is a little impressive..
i would like to hear some advice to affect the goal scoring in my tactic because as you can see there is a little number of key passes.
the possession in this game was 74%
Make a thread lad and share the tactic, il be more than willing to test. i had a decent one but only gt 144passes max with one player even against **** opposition. plus leaked goals a tad aswell. il pm you it if you want. maybe you can tweak the defence...

Haha thanks guys !! :)

I have tried searching for ways to take screenshots but for some reason every way i tried hasn't seemed to work so i will keep giving it a go and i will try find a solution but if it doesn't work i don't know what i will do haha :p

I am not one of those tactic wizz's by the way guys haha, just created it last week and seemed to had some great results with it so i went with it :) its a 4-6-0 formation with no out and out striker and with this false 9 role, Messi still scored at least 35 league goals three years in a row with over 50 in all comps, won four Liga BBVA in a row breaking the 100 point barrier three occasions which is where i thaught i may aswell share it and see if anyone else likes the tactic.

Will upload when i get the chance guys/gals, have a good christmas :)

Make a thread lad and share the tactic, il be more than willing to test. i had a decent one but only gt 144passes max with one player even against **** opposition. plus leaked goals a tad aswell. il pm you it if you want. maybe you can tweak the defence...
THX man I hope I will have some time this 2 days to upload some screenshot and the tactic for the forum to tweak it.

I have tried searching for ways to take screenshots but for some reason every way i tried hasn't seemed to work so i will keep giving it a go and i will try find a solution but if it doesn't work i don't know what i will do haha :p

I am not one of those tactic wizz's by the way guys haha, just created it last week and seemed to had some great results with it so i went with it :) its a 4-6-0 formation with no out and out striker and with this false 9 role, Messi still scored at least 35 league goals three years in a row with over 50 in all comps, won four Liga BBVA in a row breaking the 100 point barrier three occasions which is where i thaught i may aswell share it and see if anyone else likes the tactic.

Merry christmas dude and hope you'll have some time to try it with other less strong clubs! :]

Just use your camera, if you have camera the most important thing is if we can see it

I think it's impossible to create a tactic which plays with the same patience as Barca. I use Barca because I just really wanted to see if it works with quality players first, rather than give myself a real challenge & try with a weaker team.
It's just so hard, I mean I can average 65% for home games; 55%-60% for away games; & lots might deem that quite good. But I'm never happy with the possession play itself. Xavi & Iniesta seldom shoot, but they spam shots as soon as they approach the penalty box. Wingers & fullbacks always cross, no matter what instruction you give them.

i would love to hear how it goes with your tactic im desperately trying to create one of those possession tactics since i started play fm13 and it is really hard.
would like to hear your progress with it and if you have success

Hey man,

Needless to say after hours of watching barcelona matches and analysing, I think i may have found something. So i started a new game with this proposed tactic, played a season. Won all trophies capable of winning, only lost 3 games all season (1 to atletico madrid early in the season, an el classico lost and a somewhat shock loss to levante with a 2nd string team). Im averaging around 60% possession which is not quite up to the 70 the actual barca team average but i think that if its any higher, u start scoring less goals. My midfield all had passing percentages of around 90% (xavi, iniesta, busquets etc. but not the wingers) and messi scored around 90 goals that season and his average rating was near 9! Il put up the tactic with a few screenshots soon :D

Hey man,

Needless to say after hours of watching barcelona matches and analysing, I think i may have found something. So i started a new game with this proposed tactic, played a season. Won all trophies capable of winning, only lost 3 games all season (1 to atletico madrid early in the season, an el classico lost and a somewhat shock loss to levante with a 2nd string team). Im averaging around 60% possession which is not quite up to the 70 the actual barca team average but i think that if its any higher, u start scoring less goals. My midfield all had passing percentages of around 90% (xavi, iniesta, busquets etc. but not the wingers) and messi scored around 90 goals that season and his average rating was near 9! Il put up the tactic with a few screenshots soon :D
yea man..sounds great! try upload it and let us try it..
i think you can manage your team get 70% possession and score goals..
just have to find the best tweak.
it'll be more than awesome to try your'e tactic and let us see some screenshots.