Tiki-Taka tactic v1?

Hey so this is my initial tiki-taka tactic. I know there are a few imperfections but hopefully you guys can make your own improvements on it :D The screenshots should give you a good idea as to what is possible if u leave the tactic as it is. The shouts I use is retain possession, work ball into box, hassle opponents, pass to feet, play out of defence and stay on feet. I also forgot I lost a champions league game to spartak moscow with a 2nd string team. What was surprising was how well alexis sanchez was playing in this tactic and his scoring ratio, especially wen i put my wingers to run with ball somtimes and make runs from deep to sometimes. But have a look :DView attachment 298061View attachment 298062View attachment 298063View attachment 298064View attachment 298065View attachment 298066

Last edited:
Maybe u can alter the tactic so messi goals will tone down & spread more evenly ? Like the mids like xavi iniesta can get more goals or spread around the team

Although this are great numbers of goals for the same player, have you tried this with other teams, like City or Bayern?

Although this are great numbers of goals for the same player, have you tried this with other teams, like City or Bayern?

Nah I havent, and I dont think I will have the time to unfortunately since i am a busy man haha. I made the tactic to purely fit with barcelona so Im not sure how successful it will be with other teams but Id be happy to hear from anyone who has tried it with a city or bayern.

Maybe u can alter the tactic so messi goals will tone down & spread more evenly ? Like the mids like xavi iniesta can get more goals or spread around the team

yea your right in that sense however i didnt put up a screenshot of iniesta but he actually scores a decent amount of goals in this tactic.

Hi there,

I recently started a Barcelona tactic with the aim of trying to mimic their much talked about tiki-taka tactic and putting it in play in the game. Whilst creating the tactic there were a few statistical things that I was aiming for as a result of finding this 'perfect tactic'. Such as:

- 60-70% possession
- Having everyone in the team (aside from the GK) have a passing success rate between 80-90%
- Having the defence and midfield make at least 40 passes a game (ideally midfielders around 70-80 passes and Xavi making around 100)
- And obviously with all Barcelona tactics, seeing Messi score as rapidly as he does in real life.

However upon trying this tactic and constantly tweaking it, I have had no success in trying to create the perfect tiki-taka tactic. For instance, I will either get the desired possession but my defenders will have considerably higher amount of passes than my midfield. Or my midfield makes a lot of passes in the final third but Messi never scores, or Messi scores but my possession rate is around the low 50%s etc. you get what I mean hopefully

So my question is, does anyone know of any tiki-taka tactic that can follow those guidelines, what team or player instructions am I missing out on, or is it jus plain impossible to make that perfect Barcelona tactic.

Cheers for your help :D

Hi, I once downloaded a great tactic for fm 2012 (called a la pep guardiola) The guy who created that was a genious and I used it in fm 2012 (works great in the first half of the season, not so good later in the season when the AI starts to play verry defensive against you)

It worked really well I tweaked it to be more to my liking (slower tempo)
I actually got it from this website, it's this one:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...onstant-80%-possession-false-9-many-more.html

I'm trying to tweak it to fit fm 2013 but that's hard due to the passing and long shot bug (I allmost attacked my spouse just for talking to me right when my MC in the iniesta role tried a long shot when he could have sent either one of my 3 AMC's alone on goal with just 1 pass into space for the 1 milionth time :mad:),

The passing and possesion is verry high, I had 700+ passes in one game. What I'm really missing, is the insane pressing and closing down of the man with the ball.

Spain was at it's most dangerous when they lost the ball during the last euro cup, because the oponent would try to switch to attacking mode and have players out of their defensive positions. Spain usually reconquered the ball imediately though, leading to Clear Cut Chances thanks to the oponents players being out of position.

That part of the tactic I can't seem to recreate

Hi, I once downloaded a great tactic for fm 2012 (called a la pep guardiola) The guy who created that was a genious and I used it in fm 2012 (works great in the first half of the season, not so good later in the season when the AI starts to play verry defensive against you)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/102081-alla-pep-guardiola-%5B4-6-0%5D-constant-80%25-possession-false-9-many-more.html

I'm trying to tweak it to fit fm 2013 but that's hard due to the passing and long shot bug (I allmost attacked my spouse just for talking to me right when my MC in the iniesta role tried a long shot when he could have sent either one of my 3 AMC's alone on goal with just 1 pass into space for the 1 milionth time :mad:),

The passing and possesion is verry high, I had 700+ passes in one game. What I'm really missing, is the insane pressing and closing down of the man with the ball.

Spain was at it's most dangerous when they lost the ball during the last euro cup, because the oponent would try to switch to attacking mode and have players out of their defensive positions. Spain usually reconquered the ball imediately though, leading to Clear Cut Chances thanks to the oponents players being out of position.

In which club are you managing?
I'm desperately trying to create a good possession tactic that works even against better teams..it's really hard but i won't give up..

I'm managing RSC Anderlecht I'll attach my tactic. I'm still in the process of tweaking it. It's no longer the downloaded tactic as I made so many changes that decided to create a new one inspired by that brilliant mans tactic.

Maybe people here can give me hints on more tweaks.View attachment 304716

I often have most of the posession but I do concede some goals.

Also, I've managed to reduce the amount of crazy long shots by making my team use the counter attack

You can't allways expect 00 passes by the way, against weaker teams, yes you'll pass them off the field, but equal and strong teams are tougher to pass off the field, but you still have most of the posession and a lot of passes

EDIT: I just learned something vital about passing from a tutorial thread at the SI forums, I'm going to experiment a bit if you downloaded my tactic, then try to change the slider for individual players that you want to play through balls and set their passing to direct, or varried (if they have good decision making skills)

Last edited:
I'm managing RSC Anderlecht I'll attach my tactic. I'm still in the process of tweaking it. It's no longer the downloaded tactic as I made so many changes that decided to create a new one inspired by that brilliant mans tactic.

Maybe people here can give me hints on more tweaks.View attachment 304716

I often have most of the posession but I do concede some goals.

Also, I've managed to reduce the amount of crazy long shots by making my team use the counter attack

You can't allways expect 00 passes by the way, against weaker teams, yes you'll pass them off the field, but equal and strong teams are tougher to pass off the field, but you still have most of the posession and a lot of passes

EDIT: I just learned something vital about passing from a tutorial thread at the SI forums, I'm going to experiment a bit if you downloaded my tactic, then try to change the slider for individual players that you want to play through balls and set their passing to direct, or varried (if they have good decision making skills)
i'm playing with ajax now..and i'm implenting new ideas about the 3-7-0 i managed to get 57% possession and a lot of passes against Barcelona! yes FC Barcelona with all of the above- messi, iniesta, xavi, fabregas etc..and..i was with 10 players from the 41 min when my DC got a red card with a stupid decision of the referee../
im very happy of the tactic and it plays great football too.
the formation:
GK
RB DC LB
DM DM DM
RM LM
AMC AMC

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/102081-alla-pep-guardiola-%5B4-6-0%5D-constant-80%25-possession-false-9-many-more.html

Yea i think i used that tactic as well for fm12. the problem with fm13 is they changed the match engine so a lot of things that worked really well in fm12 dont fit as well in fm13. I think the only way to make as realistic a barca tactic as possible is to use the classic tactics because you can move the sliders to your specific settings because the tiki taka tactic is so complicated and comprises of so many different situations that the normal tactics sliders arnt enough.

I think that is possible to make possession tactic in fm 2013, but you will need players with specific prefered moves.
Look how guardiola buy players when he was in barcelona, he oriented on attacking players who can make difference in attack and in midfield some creative guys. You can forget to make possession tactic with lower league and win all, you need players like messi, pedro, falcao, and good midfielders to achieve goals.. also you if you wanna make tactic like this you need to spend some time on making it and watch full match with that you will see some mistakes..
For shouts i recommend only Retain possession and work ball into box.
And for trainings general is Attacking and match training should be Att. Movement.
I made some difference in my tactic with 6 clubs testing and 2 months spending to make it and adjust it.

View attachment 313763View attachment 313765

Yea i think i used that tactic as well for fm12. the problem with fm13 is they changed the match engine so a lot of things that worked really well in fm12 dont fit as well in fm13. I think the only way to make as realistic a barca tactic as possible is to use the classic tactics because you can move the sliders to your specific settings because the tiki taka tactic is so complicated and comprises of so many different situations that the normal tactics sliders arnt enough.
I'm still using my fm12 tactic for this, and it still seam to do just fine 60% + possession in most matches, decent pass completion, and most of the time somewhere between 400-700 passes every match (its easier to get a high number of passes on fm13 compared to fm12 which is helpful if you intend to play like this and care about that kind of stats)

here's some stats from a recent friendly game, my team made a total of 571 passes i think it was, not really using my strongest XI ether:
romavszaragoza1_zps4cd5fb03.png

romavszaragoza2_zps0c37943f.png

romavszaragoza3_zps9b4847ef.png

PKM link if you are intrested in watching the match in question and see how it plays out in the ME:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n9oypyvs2enixqp

Last edited:
I'm still using my fm12 tactic for this, and it still seam to do just fine 60% + possession in most matches, decent pass completion, and most of the time somewhere between 400-700 passes every match (its easier to get a high number of passes on fm13 compared to fm12 which is helpful if you intend to play like this and care about that kind of stats)

here's some stats from a recent friendly game, my team made a total of 571 passes i think it was, not really using my strongest XI ether:
romavszaragoza1_zps4cd5fb03.png

romavszaragoza2_zps0c37943f.png

romavszaragoza3_zps9b4847ef.png

PKM link if you are intrested in watching the match in question and see how it plays out in the ME:
Roma v Zaragoza.pkm

can u give us link of your tactic to test it

View attachment 317177View attachment 317178View attachment 317179View attachment 317180View attachment 317181

Here are a few passing stats of the tactic i have used for possession ... Don't use it alot like.

Sure if i use it alot my team would be more comfortable with it.

Its a tactic i made in FM 12 and tried it on 13 and it works quite good not as good as 12 but never mind eh ?
can u upload some more SS? I would like to see the formation..average positions and etc

can u upload some more SS? I would like to see the formation..average positions and etc

Mate i'am not the type to make a big write up on tactics etc but didnt know if you wanted single player average positions or the whole team in general so didnt bother ... here is the formation

View attachment 317280 Think you know what type of players you need for these positions too keep the ball ....

View attachment 317281 This is where you can set your Playmaker

You would have make sure you familiarity bar is full before you get any real joy out of it.

Im really sorry but i just cant be chewed to go into full detail regarding match prep etc as im sure it would be changed anyway.

Will try stick a link up if you would like to give it a try, ( if im allowed that is ha )

Well, I think Barcelona uses a 4-5-1. With more pressing, it would be ideal to use offside trap, and since they like to keep opponents in their third, that would suggest attack strategy. Very fluid philosophy offers interchanging positions for all of the team, but the barcelona team is rather disciplined, so more disciplined set for creativity. Shorter passing of course, more agressive tackling, and man marking. More roaming also. No playmaker roles, as the team must have identicall mentality. I supposes two inside forwards with attack duty, and two wing backs with attack duty to provide width. Dlf as a forward, with attack duty. It is important at least one of MC players bombs forward and pushes up, so at least one box to box midfielder. Shouts play out of defence, get stuck in, play narrow, push higer up, work ball into box, retain possesion and hassle opponents. Play to feet maybe, really not sure....

Mate i'am not the type to make a big write up on tactics etc but didnt know if you wanted single player average positions or the whole team in general so didnt bother ... here is the formation

View attachment 317280 Think you know what type of players you need for these positions too keep the ball ....

View attachment 317281 This is where you can set your Playmaker

You would have make sure you familiarity bar is full before you get any real joy out of it.

Im really sorry but i just cant be chewed to go into full detail regarding match prep etc as im sure it would be changed anyway.

Will try stick a link up if you would like to give it a try, ( if im allowed that is ha )
nice..THX I was just asking for everage positions of all players..specially against big teams..