Performance

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Hows everyone finding the game in terms of speed?

Im finding it really bad and ive got a good graphics card well above spec, 3 gigs of ram and 2.2 duo core.

If I dont restart my computer before I play the 2d is jumpy whereas with games that require a lot of pc power liek COD, l4d etc are fine even if i leave my pc on for a week. I could understand it if it was the 3d but its jsut the 2d im playing with.

Also ive found that clicking takes a milisecond longer, obviously this doesnt annoy me but it is noticeable. Match setup also takes abotu 30 seconds now whereas it took 2 seconds on 08

Yeah Greg I'm having similar problems. I've got 2.0 dual core (I think) and 4gig (Love Vista's readyboost thing) of RAM and the game is 10x slower than 08, and I played 08 with only 2gb of RAM!

yeah its defo not as smooth at all , i find i have to click a few times on some things and it takes a lot longer to go through a season than it did on 08

Yeah Greg I'm having similar problems. I've got 2.0 dual core (I think) and 4gig (Love Vista's readyboost thing) of RAM and the game is 10x slower than 08, and I played 08 with only 2gb of RAM!

Whats readyboost?

I'm finding it faster than 08 to be honest, i havent watched the 3d thing yet tho i just do commentary. The only thing that is slower is it takes a couple of seconds to get my tactics up when i want to make a sub

Hmm, just been looking at the performance bit on the task manager while I was playing and it seems that FM09 is a CPU *****. The memory usage stays at about 1.2GB whilst playing, so obviously it's not that. But even with 2ghz dual core my CPU usage while playing flutters between 30% and 90 odd %. Pity its rock hard to change to a better processor cos I've got a laptop :(

Haven't a clue. It should be though surely, dual core has been out long enough.

Hmm, just been looking at the performance bit on the task manager while I was playing and it seems that FM09 is a CPU *****. The memory usage stays at about 1.2GB whilst playing, so obviously it's not that. But even with 2ghz dual core my CPU usage while playing flutters between 30% and 90 odd %. Pity its rock hard to change to a better processor cos I've got a laptop :(

What's wrong with it using all of your CPU? The more it uses the more processes being carried out.

Probs a vista problem, like everything else. Mine works fine on XP. and i got 2GB RAM + a **** computer.

Probs a vista problem, like everything else. Mine works fine on XP. and i got 2GB RAM + a **** computer.

I agree, I wish I had my old XP PC instead of this Vista ****, Got to admit though I just watch commentary, makes the season go over quicker :p

Well im on XP and im having trouble

I seem to get alot of not responding's and going to your tactics screen during a game if you watch on only commentry is a joke, takes about 40 seconds to load.

Not happy

Same Kris, game seems to not respond quite a bit. And yeah, I put only commentary to speed it up a bit, but I daren't make a sub 'cos I've gotta wait ages for the screen to load.

in preferences you can untick view stadium or sky, this speeds up the matchday.