damo.superman

Reaction score
Following the sacking of Darren Ferguson Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony and Director of Football Barry Fry have decided to turn to young manager Damian Mallinson to turn around the teams fortunes Mallinson who had to retire from football years ago due to a serious injury. Mallinson had this to say “I’m absolutely delighted to of been appointed manager of such a big club and hope that I can continue the clubs successful traditions. I look forward to using pre season to craft the team and place my own stamp on them. I have inherited a good strong squad Darren did brilliant and I wish him all the best in the future”

Good luck mate, good timing seeing as nobody else has taken over as manager in real life yet either :p

Yeah thats what made me go for them over anyone else plus media prediction is 23rd so im likely to go down unless i pull of the best season of my life :) gonna shift between this one and my portsmouth one so that i dont get bored of that one as i was starting too

Sounds good, I recommend you build a tactic based on the TT&F guides (H) I created my Portsmouth and Sunderland tactics using it, great guide.

Good luck, I'll be following.

Ive built a formation to give it a try and im gonna use the guide to create one too see how i get on with them :) in desperate need of some player but only got 600k to spend and this team really needs improving

Have a look at some loan signings. Marlon Harewood, Zavon Hines, Nimely Tchuimeni, Kevin Thomson (If you're lucky) and Rachid Bouaouzan to name a few.

Yeah cheers im just looking into a few loans now see what i can get in but dont really want to pay too much in loan fees but i guess ill have to in order to get the better players

Ebi Smolarek, Sol Campbell are staple championship buys

i couldnt get them with blackpool, doubt he could get them with peterborough but you never know

Pre Season
(FR) Peterborough Reserves 0 - 4 Peterborough
Peterborough United 1 - 1 Partick Thistle (Friendly)
Milton Keynes Dons 2 - 1 Peterborough United (Friendly)
Peterborough United 5 - 0 Glenn Hoddle Academy (Friendly)
Accrington Stanley 0 - 2 Peterborough United (Friendly)
Peterborough United 1 - 2 Blackburn Rovers (Friendly)
AFC Bournemouth 2 - 2 Peterborough United (Friendly)

Newcastle have been made 7-4 favourites to gain promotion from the Coca-Cola Championship this season.

The rest of the main contenders are priced at: 5-2 - Middlesbrough, 5-1 - West Brom, 25-1 - Leicester, 33-1 - Sheff Utd and 33-1 - Cardiff.

With the bookmakers believing promotion for your team to be unlikely, their price of 40-1 seems to point more to the fact that your side should be concerned with avoiding relegation.

40-1 is not that bad, u sure it didnt say 400-1 lol, anyway who have you signed it doesnt say

No mate its definitely 40-1 I thought it a bit odd too considering who I am and that we have just come up from league one but I dunno maybe it is meant to be 400-1 which seems more appropriate as it does say I should be concerned by relegation!

Sorry yeah so far I have signed:
Michael Mifsud, Seyfo Soley and Matty Holland all on free transfers and then brought John Bostock, Frimpong, Hewson, Brandy and Mahoto on loan from the premier league and an amazing young guy from Barcelona defender called Marc Muniesa who has a 150k future fee also looking to bring in Zubiarre on a free and James Chester or Miles Addison on loan with view to permanent deals

alot of signings there, they dont need strikers so its good to see you only bought 2, i heard mclean is really good along with boyd, and some guy russell martin has been signed by wigan on my southampton save

Yeah I only got the two in as cover for injuries unfortunately I lost Boyd he wanted to move on and then the chairman accepted a bid for him and he rejected my new contract offer and as for Martin he looks pretty good and is my captain hopefully he wont let me down feel I need a sub ‘keeper but not sure who?? Any ideas

try pablo cavallero or ian walker, both free transfers, or try filip mentel or lars stubhaug if you want a hot prospect, they are both freebies, hope i helped

Yeah was looking at walker but I dunno as he is knocking on a bit now,,, and I don’t want too young I need a here and now kind of guy may have to be walker though cheers

what about cavallero, was decent for my friend for a season, and walker can be good for a year, there is always next year to sign a really good replacement, or you can get someone on loan, try sczenzy (spelling) from the ****

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

or try christian mora, hes ecuadorian